: Hope this is the right place for this question

MrSmith
02-03-05, 03:24 AM
Im thinking of some speakers. The name brand hasnt come to my mind yet. I have always wanted 15 inch speakers in the trunk.

The thing I want to do is replace the regular 12 inch MTX speakers I have with two solo baric {square} 15 inch speakers.

does anyone have any idea how these square speakers work. do they use less space in your trunk. I cant find any information on the net for some reason.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-03-05, 01:15 PM
i bet i can get you more awnsers if i put this thread in the infotainment section....Hang on dude , this threads going for a ride

D148L0
02-03-05, 01:50 PM
Im thinking of some speakers. The name brand hasnt come to my mind yet. I have always wanted 15 inch speakers in the trunk.

The thing I want to do is replace the regular 12 inch MTX speakers I have with two solo baric {square} 15 inch speakers.

does anyone have any idea how these square speakers work. do they use less space in your trunk. I cant find any information on the net for some reason.
Square speakers work the same way as a circular one. They move air.
There are hexagonal and ovoid subs, also. In theory you could make a sub of any shape.

The solo-baric subs have a solid reputation. They are a good option, specially if you are inclined to SPL more than SQ. If you get them, most likely you will be satisfied with them.

The manufacturer claims that a square shape provides a larger surface than a circular speaker of a similar size, thus allowing it to move more air at a given current resulting in a louder noise level.

Personally, I don't think it makes any considerable difference.
This is Kicker's home page:
http://www.kicker.com/05/05kicker.html

axapowell
02-03-05, 11:49 PM
The box also makes a difference. Check the manufactures spec on the size of the box, usually a cubic foot measurement. And the amp you use to push the subs. Square vs. Round...It depends on your preference for either SQ or SPL as D148LO says. HE knows.