: 2014 Cadillac CTS Base Price Climbs Almost $7,000

BreakingThrough
06-13-13, 01:40 PM
I know this is related to the '14 CTS but figured pricing would be of interest to current owners.

2014 CTS base MSRP: $46,025
2014 Vsport starts at $59,995

Other new (to me at least) tidbits from the below article:

Vsport will be RWD only
Brembos standard on all models
MRC standard on all Performance models, not just Vsport

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/06/2014-cadillac-cts-base-price-climbs-almost-7000.html

hauler
06-14-13, 09:46 AM
I thought that a 17% jump was a bit high, but when I mentioned it to a friend last night, he said it seemed reasonable. My opinion may be more like his if I find additional content and upgrades, not just sheet metal changes.

C "T" ess
06-14-13, 11:11 AM
It sure brings the V closer in dollars

blankster
06-14-13, 11:14 AM
You may be looking at close to 85K plus on a loaded V.

jghiller
06-14-13, 11:34 AM
Yes - $6K more than a BASE 2013 CTS and less we forget the BASE 2008 CTS that made a Cadillac affordable for a lot of us at around $36k. Sure a lot of improvements and refinements have been made but too many good features were also removed. Prices for what I want are now essentially out of reach for me. When I ever buy a car I always price out all options and only exclude fully unneeded ones like computer controlled cruise control as an example. Buy what you want new and when you price a car instead of many who spend endless hours and time trying to retrofit options. IMO. soon to come at this rate will be the old rebate game regardless of sales figures.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-14-13, 11:35 AM
I know this is related to the '14 CTS but figured pricing would be of interest to current owners.

2014 CTS base MSRP: $46,025
2014 Vsport starts at $59,995

Other new (to me at least) tidbits from the below article:

Vsport will be RWD only
Brembos standard on all models
MRC standard on all Performance models, not just Vsport

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/06/2014-cadillac-cts-base-price-climbs-almost-7000.html

Hello BreakingThrough,

Thanks for sharing this information. It is an exciting time, releasing the pricing of the 2014 CTS. Thought I would share this site also on the new 2014 CTS. http://media.cadillac.com/content/media/us/en/cadillac/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/Jun/0613-cts.html. If there are ever any questions or concerns you may have, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

next2pool
08-07-13, 12:33 AM
The 2014 CTS is basically a STS replacement.

jghiller
08-07-13, 10:55 AM
Hello BreakingThrough,

Thanks for sharing this information. It is an exciting time, releasing the pricing of the 2014 CTS. Thought I would share this site also on the new 2014 CTS. http://media.cadillac.com/content/media/us/en/cadillac/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/Jun/0613-cts.html. If there are ever any questions or concerns you may have, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Laura - I am reaching out - as indicated in posts - since 08, the base price has risen $10K and I dont think there are too many folks who have had their paychecks equal that increase. As for me on a fixed budget, the Cadillacs are again out of reach.

C "T" ess
08-07-13, 12:28 PM
As I said before; they just priced me out of the market.

hostmadsen
08-07-13, 04:56 PM
The idea is, for your target price there is the ATS, which is also a very nice car.

Essentially, the previous CTS was a good deal: a BMW 5 or Mercedes E for the price of a 3/C. But good deals don't last forever.

MoFex
08-07-13, 05:41 PM
The idea is, for your target price there is the ATS, which is also a very nice car.

Essentially, the previous CTS was a good deal: a BMW 5 or Mercedes E for the price of a 3/C. But good deals don't last forever.

We like it or not you are right. Cadillac decided to compete head to head with the big boys on price too, I mean match their price. We shall see how it goes.

As to me I have no idea what my next car is going to be. I decided to spent more money on travels and not change cars that often.

rchern
08-08-13, 11:31 AM
I've bought my last CTS.

CTSCHICK
08-08-13, 11:46 AM
Like I said the last time this subject was posted Cadillacs quality and dependability better go up to match that price.
And they better do some soul searching with their dealership experience's and change it to reflect that price.

I understand it being a new vehicle with probably higher costs to produce but I have to go with the assumption some of the price increase is due to GM trying to add some exclusiveness to the brand.

JCBCTS
08-08-13, 12:35 PM
On the bright side, the more who cannot afford a NEW CTS the more demand there will be for USED CTS! This should have the affect of enhancing the value of the car(s) we have already invested in! Obviously CTS has moved up the scale within Caddy - ATS is now the entry level.

Tbbt
08-08-13, 01:23 PM
That works until YOU want to buy a used CTS!

mcneill8328
08-08-13, 01:38 PM
The value of ours should go up anyways, because ours are clearly better looking than anything coming out in 2014. Haha! That includes the whole Cadillac lineup, except for possibly anything that has a V badge!

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-15-13, 10:16 AM
Laura - I am reaching out - as indicated in posts - since 08, the base price has risen $10K and I dont think there are too many folks who have had their paychecks equal that increase. As for me on a fixed budget, the Cadillacs are again out of reach.

Hello jghiller,

CTS pricing will begin at $46,025, including $925 destination, offering more interior space, horsepower and technology with more than 20 new standard features compared with the current model. The CTS Vsport model starts at $59,995, including $925 destination, and comes equipped with an electronic limited slip differential and eight-speed automatic transmission in RWD only. The car is bigger, has three engine options, a new interior design and updated technology.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

blankster
08-15-13, 11:26 AM
Hello jghiller,

CTS pricing will begin at $46,025, including $925 destination, offering more interior space, horsepower and technology with more than 20 new standard features compared with the current model. The CTS Vsport model starts at $59,995, including $925 destination, and comes equipped with an electronic limited slip differential and eight-speed automatic transmission in RWD only. The car is bigger, has three engine options, a new interior design and updated technology.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Some of the articles I read indicate that the new CTS interior dimensions are little changed from the current generation. Which if true would be a disapointment - Actually rear leg room is more on the 2013 than on the 2014 (36.03 Vs 35.4)

MoFex
08-15-13, 03:38 PM
Some of the articles I read indicate that the new CTS interior dimensions are little changed from the current generation. Which if true would be a disappointment - Actually rear leg room is more on the 2013 than on the 2014 (36.03 Vs 35.4)

It surprised me as well. Somehow GM cannot translate larger car outside to the interior space as European and Japaneses. Pity.

RAB
08-15-13, 04:33 PM
Hello jghiller,

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Customer Care, I am "reaching out to you" (fyi, that's sarcasm - can you please stop saying that) to tell you that the 2014 CTS does not offer more interior space. If you're going to post Cadillac model information here, then you, of all people, should get your facts straight. The 2014 CTS absolutely does not offer increased interior space as compared to the 2008-2013 CTS, despite the fact the '14 is a larger (longer) car. Disappointing. And that's one of the main reasons I'm not interested in the new CTS. The other principle reasons are higher price (almost $7K higher for the base car) and inappropriate (read: ugly) rear end styling.
I think I'll be hanging on to my great looking 2011 CTS for quite a while.

Cadillac Cust Svc
08-16-13, 08:38 AM
Cadillac Customer Care, I am "reaching out to you" (fyi, that's sarcasm - can you please stop saying that) to tell you that the 2014 CTS does not offer more interior space. If you're going to post Cadillac model information here, then you, of all people, should get your facts straight. The 2014 CTS absolutely does not offer increased interior space as compared to the 2008-2013 CTS, despite the fact the '14 is a larger (longer) car. Disappointing. And that's one of the main reasons I'm not interested in the new CTS. The other principle reasons are higher price (almost $7K higher for the base car) and inappropriate (read: ugly) rear end styling.
I think I'll be hanging on to my great looking 2011 CTS for quite a while.

Hello RAB,

The 2014 CTS does have more interior space, although the leg room in the rear of the 2014 is a little less. The front head room in the 2014 is 39.20 inches compared to the 2013 with 38.80 inches. The rear head room in the 14' is 37.50 inches compared to the 13' with 37.20 inches. The shoulder room in the front of the 14' is 56.90 inches compared to 56.73 inches. The shoulder room in the rear of the 2014 is 54.80 inches compared to 54.72 inches. The hip room in the front of the 14' is 53.80 inches compared to 53.74 inches. The hip room in the rear of the 14' is 53.30 inches compared to 52.99 inches. The leg room in the front of the 2014 is 42.60 inches and in the 2013 is 42.44 inches. The 2014 has 35.40 inches in the leg room rear and the 2013 has 36.06 inches in the rear leg room space, which is the only place the 2013 has a little extra space over the 2014 model. The 2014 is longer than the 2013 and also has a larger wheelbase.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

blankster
08-16-13, 09:49 AM
I think the '14 CTS may get a bit dinged on rear legroom just like the '13 Chevy Malibu hence the '14 MY improvements (link below). You may see a similar improvements for the 2015 version of the CTS along with a GM sourced 8 speed for all powertrains including AWD (2014 transmission comes from AISIN):

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/06/how-does-the-2014-malibus-improved-rear-seat-legroom-compare-agains-its-rivals/

I too thought I could use a bit more rear leg room on my 2010 CTS so I watched with interest for the anticipated '14 "larger" version. I even mentioned to my wife I may get the 2014 CTS because it should offer a little more room in the back. So when I saw slightly less rear leg room plus a delay on the 8 speed transmission of the AWD I began to loose interest. Then when I saw the price increase, I was done. So instead of ordering a 2014, CTS I replaced my Jeep Wrangler for a 2014 version and I'm having a blast with it (when I can pry it out of my daughters hands) :).

amunderdog
08-16-13, 10:11 AM
Though your government tells you daily that there is no inflation or that it is minimal.
They lie.
And yes wages for the workers have been stagnant since 196? or was it 195?
Hope you all have your alternate plans in place because this show is about over.

louiefl99
08-16-13, 01:13 PM
The lease on my 2011 CTS coupe is up in March and I was looking forward to a 2014 Sedan. Sticker on mine was $49.5K. Seeing that a loaded premium is going to be another 15K (mor or less), I'm out as well. Previously had a 2005, and thought the size of my 2008 sedan was perfect. A guy at work has an ATS, and while it is nice, it is not for me. Time to start planning my departure from Cadillac.

MaxBuck
08-16-13, 01:24 PM
The new CTS has a base price that puts it into direct competition with the BMW 5-series, Jaguar XF, and Audi A6. Unless it provides a truly quantum step up in refinement relative to the current model, it isn't going to do well. Those other automobiles are substantially more refined, comfortable and technologically advanced than the current CTS, in addition to offering much more usable passenger and trunk room.

I hope Cadillac knows what it's doing here, but I'm not optimistic. I look for massive rebates early in the initial model year in order to prop up sales.

RAB
08-16-13, 05:53 PM
Hello RAB,

The 2014 CTS does have more interior space, although the leg room in the rear of the 2014 is a little less. The front head room in the 2014 is 39.20 inches compared to the 2013 with 38.80 inches. The rear head room in the 14' is 37.50 inches compared to the 13' with 37.20 inches. The shoulder room in the front of the 14' is 56.90 inches compared to 56.73 inches. The shoulder room in the rear of the 2014 is 54.80 inches compared to 54.72 inches. The hip room in the front of the 14' is 53.80 inches compared to 53.74 inches. The hip room in the rear of the 14' is 53.30 inches compared to 52.99 inches. The leg room in the front of the 2014 is 42.60 inches and in the 2013 is 42.44 inches. The 2014 has 35.40 inches in the leg room rear and the 2013 has 36.06 inches in the rear leg room space, which is the only place the 2013 has a little extra space over the 2014 model. The 2014 is longer than the 2013 and also has a larger wheelbase.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Laura,

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken - the 2014 CTS does not have more interior space. Several interior dimensions you've listed for the '14 CTS do indicate fractional-inch gains as compared to the '08-'13 CTS Sedan, however the lack of any increase in rear leg room in the '14 car (actually a decrease) represents a problem /probable deal breaker for those looking for a significant increase in rear seat leg room normally afforded by going with a larger car.

According to GM's media website the EPA passenger volume on the 2014 CTS is 97 cu ft.
>Link: http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/Mar/nyas/26mar-cadillac/0326-cadillac-cts-specifications.html
The same website states that EPA passenger volume on the 2013 CTS Sedan is 98 cu ft.
>Link: http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/cadillac/vehicles/cts_sport_sedan/2013.tab1.html

This means the 2008-2013 CTS Sedan actually has more interior space as compared to the 2014 CTS - albeit only 1 cu ft more, but, in fact, more.

The exterior length of the 2014 CTS is 195.5", and the width is 72.2". EPA trunk volume is 13.7 cu ft.
The exterior length of the 2013 CTS is 191.3", and the width is 72.5". EPA trunk volume is 13.6 cu ft.
So.. the exterior of the 2014 CTS is 4.2 inches longer, yet its interior volume is 1 cu ft less than the '08-'13 car and its trunk volume is virtually identical to the '08-'13 car. So where are the additional 4.2 inches put to use in the new longer 2014 CTS? Certainly not in the interior or the trunk.

The fact that the new 2014 CTS is simply longer than the '08-'13 car shouldn't be hyped by Cadillac (and Cadillac Customer Care) if no tangible benefits came out of that increase in length. GM/Cadillac up-sized the exterior of the '14 CTS to better position the vehicle to compete against the E Class, 5 Series, A6 and the like, but unfortunately they neglected to up-size the interior space along the way. That's a sad and puzzling mistake, imo.

MoFex
08-16-13, 06:19 PM
RAB

Absolutely agree with you. I have no idea why GM could not design the 14' CTS with more interior space. For me this is a turn off. I will keep my current CTS and if I need a bigger car it for sure won't be the new CTS. Pity.

SFVetteman
08-16-13, 07:19 PM
Apparently, the bean counters insisted on using the ATS alpha platform for the CTS as well and try to pass it off as a competitor to the 5 series, A6 and E-class. So rather than an all new CTS, they made a long wheelbase ATS and put the CTS name on it and $6k on the price tag. That's the same sort of short sighted thinking that took the old GM from 54% market share to bankruptcy. GM management needs to put the bean counters in their place and make a true competitor instead of a cheap imitation one as you can only dupe people for so long until they realize they've been had. I'll pay more for a new CTS but not for a LWB ATS.

Bill

artscadillac
09-04-13, 09:25 PM
The base 2014 CTS content kinda starts where 2013 CTS Lux or Perf started, but it has the 2.0Turbo at 272HP. Some are not too happy with the 2.0 in the ATS, so it could be sluggish in the new CTS, If you can accept the content of the base 2014 CTS, the price is decent. It's when we want AWD, the 3.6 and some options, that the price goes Nuts. I see dealers stocking lots of Base 2014 CTS, with sales of higher models being low.

The V-Sport is a great idea, between CTS + the V, but the price is at the current V level, so it's out of reach for most.

With the ATS now at a 3-Series and the CTS upscaling to a 5-Series, Cadillac now is in need of a "4-Series" middle MTS, that is an update to the 2008-2013 CTS. Too many people are going to want something sized + priced between ATS + 14 CTS.

gohawks63
09-04-13, 09:58 PM
The base 2014 CTS content kinda starts where 2013 CTS Lux or Perf started, but it has the 2.0Turbo at 272HP. Some are not too happy with the 2.0 in the ATS, so it could be sluggish in the new CTS, If you can accept the content of the base 2014 CTS, the price is decent. It's when we want AWD, the 3.6 and some options, that the price goes Nuts. I see dealers stocking lots of Base 2014 CTS, with sales of higher models being low.

The V-Sport is a great idea, between CTS + the V, but the price is at the current V level, so it's out of reach for most.

With the ATS now at a 3-Series and the CTS upscaling to a 5-Series, Cadillac now is in need of a "4-Series" middle MTS, that is an update to the 2008-2013 CTS. Too many people are going to want something sized + priced between ATS + 14 CTS.

I see mixed feelings on the 2.0T on the ATS forums.

Biggest complaint is that it idles rough. I think that the CTS with the 2.0T will be a dog even though it may weigh less than the current CTS. Heck, if I was in the market for an ATS The only way I would opt for the 2.0T is if I wanted a manual since a manual isn't offered on the 3.6.

People tried saying that the 3.6 ATS is nose heavy and the 2.0T is more balanced, but I found the specs from Cadillac and the is only .5% difference in weight distribution between the two.

snofun3
09-05-13, 09:30 AM
The new CTS has a base price that puts it into direct competition with the BMW 5-series, Jaguar XF, and Audi A6. Unless it provides a truly quantum step up in refinement relative to the current model, it isn't going to do well. Those other automobiles are substantially more refined, comfortable and technologically advanced than the current CTS, in addition to offering much more usable passenger and trunk room.

I hope Cadillac knows what it's doing here, but I'm not optimistic. I look for massive rebates early in the initial model year in order to prop up sales.

Careful saying this or the fan boys will go all apoplectic. But anyway, you're exactly right - trying to put a CTS into the top echelon is a non-starter, and I agree that you'll see BIG rebates soon after they get launched. The 2nd generation was positioned correctly in the market as far as size and price, but the 3rd generation is just (seemingly) wrong. If they put CUE in it, it'll probably be a huge failure. Apart from the Ford system (and the original idrive), I haven't seen any system so roundly criticized. Even the latest Motor Trend gave the ATS very good marks, but the CUE system got terrible comments.

gohawks63
09-05-13, 09:56 AM
Careful saying this or the fan boys will go all apoplectic. But anyway, you're exactly right - trying to put a CTS into the top echelon is a non-starter, and I agree that you'll see BIG rebates soon after they get launched. The 2nd generation was positioned correctly in the market as far as size and price, but the 3rd generation is just (seemingly) wrong. If they put CUE in it, it'll probably be a huge failure. Apart from the Ford system (and the original idrive), I haven't seen any system so roundly criticized. Even the latest Motor Trend gave the ATS very good marks, but the CUE system got terrible comments.

It's pretty evident that you hated your CTS and have nothing positive to say about it or the brand in general, so I'm curious.

Why do you still come here and frequent these boards?

It's evident that you have little respect for the members here calling them fanboys. You rarely have anything positive to say and typically will only participate to pile on when a negative thread starts.

Now before you call me a fanboy, for the record I agree with the poster you quoted (Maxbuck).

Now I'm not saying that you have to be an owner to come back here. I left Acura after 20 years because I felt that they've lost their way from a design standpoint and I have been somewhat critical on Acurazine of the styling of the new RLX, but I still visit and while I do offer criticism, I do try and help and try not to cr@p on people's parade when they talk about their car. Occasionally I will even try to provide what I hope is some helpful input.

Trust me, like I said. I love my car so far but I'm not blind to the fact that I only have 20K miles on it, and I can give you a list of things that I felt they could have done better. I also am still waiting to see if my placing my trust in them after 20 years of Acuras was misplaced or not, but so far so good.

BTW. 20+ years ago I went to Acura after owning a Chevy Blazer that was the biggest turd on wheels. I left and didn't look back. I don't hang around the Chevy message boards implying that the members there are blind lemmings who are clueless for investing their money in such a piece of cr@p and how much more superior my car is.

I've moved on.

Not trying to get into a flame war with you as you and I have never tangled. Just providing another perspective.

Food for thought.

proximo
09-05-13, 09:30 PM
The article below highlights some of the concerns from members on this thread and while it discusses the ATS the same argument could be applied to the CTS when it is released:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130805/RETAIL/308059983/ats-cadillacs-3-series-fighter-hits-pricing-hurdle#axzz2e4VPWGYI

jeffc83
09-05-13, 09:37 PM
I wonder if the 2014 CTS will have the "shakes" like some of the ATSs do now. It scared the living sh*t out of me when I test drove one recently...every stop felt like it was giving way and would stall but of course did not. (I'm surprised the dealer was saying they didn't feel it when I returned) Now the first one I test drove a few months back did not have the shaking issue. Both were the 2.0T. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm excited to see how the new CTS looks and feels!