: Autocar thinks ATS-V will be revealed at the 2014 detriot auto show

M5eater
06-13-13, 12:28 PM
IE January 18, 2014.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-hot-cadillac-ats-v-targets-bmw-m3?utm_source=feedly

The future range-topping performance version of the BMW 3-series-size ATS is set to be revealed at the Detroit motor show next January.

The ATS-V was spotted last week in back-to-back tests with an M3 on the roads near General Motors’ Detroit headquarters.

GM has long spoken of making the ATS a match for Europe’s best. Making the ATS-V the dynamic peer of an M3 would certainly give credibility to these claims.

Doing so could also boost the business case for equipping the standard ATS with a four-cylinder engine and right-hand drive, which would be needed for success in Europe and the UK. There are plans to do this, officials have previously said, but no dates have been revealed.

The ATS-V is likely to use an uprated version of the twin-turbo 3.6-litre V6 that produces 414bhp in the larger CTS. Other features of the ATS-V include quad exhausts, a muscular bodykit, uprated brakes, stiffer suspension and a limited-slip differential.

I sincerely hope not. I'm still hanging around assuming that all the public testing is indicative of a late 2013 november release at the latest, such as at the LA auto show. Given that on sale dates are between 5-6 months ahead of reveals , that would lend toward an on-sale date of June-july at the earliest.

More so considering that BMW is pulling out all the stops in making the M3/M4

ie, 8,000 RPM redline on an N54, carbon ceramic brakes. Extra rigidity and wide use of CF panels over base models, spanking new (in OEM speak) Michelin Pilot SS tires, ect.

http://www.bimmerpost.com/tag/f80-m3/

ie. they want to release a concieveably hardware inferior product at the same time of it's main competition.

rand49er
06-14-13, 11:45 AM
Like I said before, Cadillac (GM) needs to target the next gen M3, not the current gen.

Wonder what "... to use an uprated version of the twin-turbo 3.6 ..." means. Hm-m ...

M5eater
06-14-13, 11:51 AM
It means tweaked for more boost.

you're probably look at between 430-440 tops. Anything more for this platform or 265/275 tires will be too much. No one wants a C63 that has huge amounts of twist on tiny (255) tires.

rand49er
06-14-13, 07:07 PM
It means tweaked for more boost.

you're probably look at between 430-440 tops ...That's what I thought.

I'd take 440 in a sub-3,400 lb car.