: Is your navigation slow?

ebelp
06-13-13, 11:52 AM
Just bought a 2007 ESV earlier this week and I've noticed that when you have a destination entered in the nav, and then go off the route, it takes several minutes for the system to recalculate the directions based on your current location on the map. The nav in my Acura will reroute the directions within 5 seconds if you go off course, so I'm curious why the GM nav is so slow. My Escalade is running an old nav disc...could that be the issue, or is the GM nav just slow in general? Maybe there's a setting I'm not aware of that can fix this?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

~john

Rich08
06-13-13, 02:01 PM
I have an isimple installed and that basically made the nav useless, when I remove it the nav is faster and more accurate. Do you have a Lock pick of isimple. (Better question in case you dont know what they are, do you connect an iPod to your truck?)

ebelp
06-13-13, 02:57 PM
The nav is completely stock now, but I actually just got my gen6 LockPick in the mail today. If it screws with the nav performance, I won't be a happy camper. Anyone else have any input on this?

K9Caddy
06-13-13, 04:41 PM
ebelp-

Yes, that is one of many reasons why I removed mine. I had the Gen6 LockPick as well. Major reason was battery drain, to include screwing with the NAV. JUNK.

blackex
06-13-13, 05:05 PM
Have you updated your Nav to the latest version?

ebelp
06-13-13, 06:29 PM
ebelp-

Yes, that is one of many reasons why I removed mine. I had the Gen6 LockPick as well. Major reason was battery drain, to include screwing with the NAV. JUNK.

Specifically, how does it affect the nav?

Have you updated your Nav to the latest version?

No, as I mentioned, I'm using an old disc. Will the newest map database actually make it run faster, or will it just give me the most current roads, POI's, etc.? I was leaning towards the latter...

Rich08
06-14-13, 04:01 AM
^^^ like I stated above I have the isimple and what my nav does is that on the turns it won't tell me turn when I'm by the actual street, it has a delay of easily 200 to 300 ft. (I know, I know, I know) And on the highway if I use it Ill probably miss 70% of the exits. I personally don't use the nav and will use instar if I'm completely lost. Good luck with your choice.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-14-13, 12:23 PM
Just bought a 2007 ESV earlier this week and I've noticed that when you have a destination entered in the nav, and then go off the route, it takes several minutes for the system to recalculate the directions based on your current location on the map. The nav in my Acura will reroute the directions within 5 seconds if you go off course, so I'm curious why the GM nav is so slow. My Escalade is running an old nav disc...could that be the issue, or is the GM nav just slow in general? Maybe there's a setting I'm not aware of that can fix this?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

~john

Hello John,

Congrats on your Escalade, I hope you are enjoying it so far. I apologize for the poor performance of your navigation system. A navigation map disc update does not change software, it updates the mapping system: current roads, like you've stated. If there are additional questions I can answer, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service