: 500 hp factory ctsv ?

V-ROD
02-02-05, 10:51 PM
Has anyone heard of this? a local dealer has told me it might happen. Perhaps the new corvette motor will finds it way into some

beers
02-02-05, 11:15 PM
Sounds like another rumor about Cadillac putting the LS7 from the new Z06 in the CTS-V. I bet they use either the LS2 or LS7 for 2006 (especially with the new 500hp M5 coming out).

Caddy01DTS
02-02-05, 11:19 PM
I thought the V's couldn't keep the rear wheels on the ground now. What would ya do with another 100 hp?

Z06CTSV
02-02-05, 11:43 PM
I don't think we have the room, architecture wise. Especially, with the dry sump. The new Z is using every available inch. They even had to move the battery to the back. I know they told us it's for weight distibution. :rolleyes2 That may be an accidental benefit. We need more room width wise. Maybe they can move the LS7 to the back.....:hmm: I'm just hoping for the LS2, first. Then maybe......

Joe
New Orleans

zdog
02-02-05, 11:46 PM
I thought the V's couldn't keep the rear wheels on the ground now. What would ya do with another 100 hp?

I will let you know soon. I bought a CTS-V this week and had it shipped direct to Lingenfelter for a Manguson Supercharger. Expecting an increase of 100 rwhp or more. Will be ready early March.

CTSV05
02-03-05, 12:13 AM
I thought it was already in the works for Caddy to build a V with the Magnussen Blower.

There would be your 500 hp.

Crozier
02-03-05, 12:19 AM
Dimensionally the LS7 and the LS6 are the same size aren’t they? So put the battery in the trunk and the dry sump reservoir where the battery went and….???
Or maybe a slightly less “radical” version of the LS7.
Remember when nobody thought that it would be the LS6 in the V, but rather the LS1? My fingers are crossed.

Caddy01DTS
02-03-05, 01:10 AM
I will let you know soon. I bought a CTS-V this week and had it shipped direct to Lingenfelter for a Manguson Supercharger. Expecting an increase of 100 rwhp or more. Will be ready early March.

Sounds like you'll be ready for the NHRA. That's awesome

SBONES
02-03-05, 04:45 PM
PIPE DREAMS...there are no plans for that as of yet, so forget-about-it. 06.. lol...

GNSCOTT
02-03-05, 08:25 PM
Dry Sump oil is just a can> Also there is more room under a V's hood than a Vette. The can can be located anywhere on the car so space is not a problem. The problem is why change to an LS7 or LS2 for 1 model year? The V will have the LS7 in the 07, you can bank on that. I think Caddy should spend the $$'s and put the LS7 in it for 06 if for no other reason that to rain on BMW's parade when the introduce their 400HP M3 and 500HP M5. Imagine a $59k CTS-V beating their $90k M5.:lildevil:

Z06CTSV
02-04-05, 10:54 AM
Dimensionally the LS7 and the LS6 are the same size aren’t they? So put the battery in the trunk and the dry sump reservoir where the battery went and….???
Or maybe a slightly less “radical” version of the LS7.
Remember when nobody thought that it would be the LS6 in the V, but rather the LS1? My fingers are crossed.

I would have to say that you are correct. I just get tired of this LS7 question. I don't believe it will go in the Caddy. For now I just hope we get the LS2.

Joe

leap229
02-04-05, 11:16 AM
I've been following the launch of the C6 on various Vette forums and the various problems encountered with manual transmissions, painted/transparent tops, convertible tops, electronics, etc. Nothing spectacular or particularly worrisome, just the stuff that generally goes along with a new product launch. The LS7 is all new for '06 with an all new production facility. If the rest of the C6 launch is any indication, GM will ramp slowly to full productoin and will be lucky to have adequate supply of these "hand-built" engines to support Z06 production in '06. '07 maybe, '06 ain't gonna happen. JMO.

Z06CTSV
02-04-05, 12:11 PM
I've been following the launch of the C6 on various Vette forums and the various problems encountered with manual transmissions, painted/transparent tops, convertible tops, electronics, etc. Nothing spectacular or particularly worrisome, just the stuff that generally goes along with a new product launch. The LS7 is all new for '06 with an all new production facility. If the rest of the C6 launch is any indication, GM will ramp slowly to full productoin and will be lucky to have adequate supply of these "hand-built" engines to support Z06 production in '06. '07 maybe, '06 ain't gonna happen. JMO.

I have a friend who's a service manager for a local Chevy dealer. Just yesterday I asked him if they have been having any C6 problems. He told me that so far the C6 launch is much better than the C5 launch. He has gotten some minor fit isuues, but no mechanical or gremlins (knock on wood). He is expecting first year issues, like any other car. I always wait for the "got to have it yesterday, people" to work out all the bugs for me.

benjet
02-04-05, 05:14 PM
I would have to say that you are correct. I just get tired of this LS7 question. I don't believe it will go in the Caddy. For now I just hope we get the LS2.

Joe

According to GM/Caddy LS2 is not even a possiblity for V cars, LS7 is.

benjet
02-04-05, 05:30 PM
adequate supply of these "hand-built" engines to support Z06 production in '06. '07 maybe, '06 ain't gonna happen. JMO.

Same facility and hand building for the LS6, C5R engine and the 440hp SC N*, they (80 ppl) build ~15k engines per year.

GNSCOTT
02-04-05, 09:08 PM
GM can build as many LS7's as they want. Also, hand built is a joke. I beleive all crate motors are hand built, one you build or your local engine builder is hand built.

As for C6 problems. Yes they are having troubles. Alot of board members have encountered pulley walk. It is shredding their belts and they are losing power and have to have their car towed.