: Battery Replacement?

Jeffrey
06-13-13, 10:31 AM
Hi,

What battery do you recommend for OEM replacement? My instincts are telling me it's about time to replace the OEM battery in my '09 V.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

RapidRob
06-13-13, 05:30 PM
^^^ - Toying with the idea of replacing mine with an Odyssey, fitment code PC1220, when the time comes. Heard good things about them - but not cheap for sure. Anyone have experience with Odyssey batteries?

Rob

ptrd
06-13-13, 10:39 PM
^depends which ones but you really need some cranking power in some. seems like the stock battery isn't that big so i don't know how much of a weight savings you would get.

odla
06-13-13, 11:26 PM
I just bought a pc1200m. I have had crappy luck with yellow and red tops in the past. Im putting the pc1200m in my 05v. I have only heard good things about them. I am having a buddy fab a plate so i can attach the battery to it in the stock location.

Jeffrey
06-17-13, 10:30 AM
^^^ - Toying with the idea of replacing mine with an Odyssey, fitment code PC1220, when the time comes. Heard good things about them - but not cheap for sure. Anyone have experience with Odyssey batteries?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Is the PC1220's dimensions similar to the stock battery?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

----------

I just bought a pc1200m. I have had crappy luck with yellow and red tops in the past. Im putting the pc1200m in my 05v. I have only heard good things about them. I am having a buddy fab a plate son i can attach the battery to it in the stock location.

Hi,

Is your '05's stock battery the same as the '09's?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

baabootoo
06-17-13, 10:35 AM
What are the symptoms? We're going into summer, so as long as it works, I wouldn't worry. My 2009 battery is fine as wine. I'll go with a Farm & Fleet Platinum, $75-ish, 3-year free replacement, and 8? years prorated.

sshu
06-17-13, 10:36 AM
How much does the stock battery weigh and what are some good lighter weight alternatives that still provides decent cranking power on a stock setup?

Jeffrey
06-17-13, 10:42 AM
What are the symptoms? We're going into summer, so as long as it works, I wouldn't worry. My 2009 battery is fine as wine. I'll go with a Farm & Fleet Platinum, $75-ish, 3-year free replacement, and 8? years prorated.

Hi,

Honestly, no symptoms. Merely trying to plan ahead and not be stranded. I just had to replace my '09 Vette's battery and that's what got me thinking.

I think our zip code differences change our seasonal concerns. I'm in South Texas and going into summer is what worries me.

Thanks,
Jeffrey

baabootoo
06-17-13, 11:08 AM
They offer a "34" series, with top posts, that has another 120 CCA, which looks like it would fit after I measured mine.

Jeffrey
06-17-13, 11:19 AM
They offer a "34" series, with top posts, that has another 120 CCA, which looks like it would fit after I measured mine.

Hi,

Lost me. Is "they" Farm & Fleet Platinum or Optima?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

odla
06-17-13, 10:46 PM
No i think v1 has different battery. I was just commenting on quality is all. Got it in this weekend and love it!

tinman
06-18-13, 02:15 PM
http://http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/283479-battery-challenge.html (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/283479-battery-challenge.html)

There is some great information from Tbbt aka Marv in this thread.

Dr. Design
06-18-13, 02:26 PM
Great choice. We use Odyssey batteries quite frequently. We love them in the Cadillac Challenge cars because the acid doesn't spill out all over the place like the OEM batteries do.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Rob

Jeffrey
06-18-13, 05:11 PM
http://http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/283479-battery-challenge.html (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/283479-battery-challenge.html)

There is some great information from Tbbt aka Marv in this thread.

Hi,

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

Thanks,
Jeffrey

----------

Great choice. We use Odyssey batteries quite frequently. We love them in the Cadillac Challenge cars because the acid doesn't spill out all over the place like the OEM batteries do.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Hi,

Do you consider them better than Optima batteries? If so, why?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

RapidRob
06-18-13, 05:47 PM

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Thanks for chiming in Dr. Do you agree that the fitment code PC1220 is the correct one? Also, I heard that oem battery cable connectors are not the right size to fit Odyssey battery terminals - true or not?

Rob

tinman
06-18-13, 06:09 PM
You're welcome, Jeffrey.
I have heard of problems with Optima over the last 4-5 years. I have no experience with the other brand.

Dr. Design
06-18-13, 06:56 PM
Yes! We have gone through DOZENS of the optima batteries. The problem is once a cell a fried, its done, there's no bringing it back. Where as the Odyssey battery will allow you to run them all the way down and you can still bring them back.

On our Challenge CTS-V Coupe we typically leave the car "ON" but not running to allow the diff fan and pump to continue to cycle between run sessions. That is about 1-1.5 hours on average.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Hi,

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know!

Thanks,
Jeffrey

----------

Hi,

Do you consider them better than Optima batteries? If so, why?

Thanks,
Jeffrey

----------

Hello Rob,
Yes that is the correct battery part number. Make sure you order the correct post size and top mount if there are available options when ordering. But that is the correct battery part number and no modifications should be required for installation.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Thanks for chiming in Dr. Do you agree that the fitment code PC1220 is the correct one? Also, I heard that oem battery cable connectors are not the right size to fit Odyssey battery terminals - true or not?

Rob

RapidRob
06-18-13, 10:17 PM
- ^^^ - Thanks Dr. !

Rob

Jeffrey
06-19-13, 09:33 AM
Yes! We have gone through DOZENS of the optima batteries. The problem is once a cell a fried, its done, there's no bringing it back. Where as the Odyssey battery will allow you to run them all the way down and you can still bring them back.

On our Challenge CTS-V Coupe we typically leave the car "ON" but not running to allow the diff fan and pump to continue to cycle between run sessions. That is about 1-1.5 hours on average.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

----------

Hi,

Thank you for your timely & informative reply. It's most appreciated & helpful!

Best regards,
Jeffrey