: Door lock and interior lights

BillyDaKid
06-13-13, 09:45 AM
I changed the door lock actuator in the pass side front door of my 08 EXT. After I change the part, the lights don't come on when I open the door. After I realized this was happening, I dig the old one out of the trash, and plug it in. I hit the release, and the lights come on. I get another new part from the dealer, and same thing, no lights. They have now ordered me a 3rd part. In the meantime, my truck is still apart.

My question is, has anybody else had this issue? If so, what was the fix? I refuse to have a Caddy, where the lights don't come on when you open the door. I'm thinking about leaveing it at the dealer, and have them fix it. It's already taken apart, so the labor cost should not be that high.

BillyDaKid
06-14-13, 08:47 AM
Looks like I'm going to have to go at this one alone. I'll post about how goes it.

BillyDaKid
06-17-13, 07:11 PM
It was the door lock assembly, there was a batch of bad parts that were produced. The 3rd one, which was in a different box then the first two, was a good one.

chakde
06-17-13, 09:01 PM
Great that it worked out. Hopefully will help someone else out. Who would have guessed that it could be a bad batch. I would have given up after the second. Good persistence.