: Warranty Replaced Catalytic Converter 2004 SRX (12 year/200K)

DougC..
06-13-13, 12:01 AM
Hello All,

I want to say thank you in general to this forum for the knowledge of the warranty on my wifes '04 SRXs catalytic converters.
We have currently 168,000 on the clock and the vehicle is almost 9 years old. (sure doesnt seem that old) We could not get rid of the P420, and 430 codes (low catalyst efficiency) and were in need of new tags. We called the local dealership and had them run the VIN. They were just about as surprised as I was when the bulletin popped up informing them that it was covered through 12 years or 200,000 miles. Thats awesome!

We had both replaced ($1500 of work for free) and the codes cleared at the dealership. Drove around for a while and passed DEQ with no problem. Hope others with the same issue can take advantage.

Thanks

-Doug C.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-13-13, 12:25 PM
Hello All,

I want to say thank you in general to this forum for the knowledge of the warranty on my wifes '04 SRXs catalytic converters.
We have currently 168,000 on the clock and the vehicle is almost 9 years old. (sure doesnt seem that old) We could not get rid of the P420, and 430 codes (low catalyst efficiency) and were in need of new tags. We called the local dealership and had them run the VIN. They were just about as surprised as I was when the bulletin popped up informing them that it was covered through 12 years or 200,000 miles. Thats awesome!

We had both replaced ($1500 of work for free) and the codes cleared at the dealership. Drove around for a while and passed DEQ with no problem. Hope others with the same issue can take advantage.

Thanks

-Doug C.

Hello Doug,

That is some awesome news to hear! Glad to hear your vehicle was fixed for free and you are enjoying the drive with no problem now :)

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

psalministry1
09-13-13, 07:25 PM
Hello All,

Thanks

-Doug C.

Today - at 110,000 miles, this warranty is STILL in effect! Just make sure you call the dealership and have them to check the VIN! All I can say... this saved me $3,000 at Firestone. Before you do ANYTHING major on a Cadillac, make sure you check the dealership by calling!

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-13-13, 11:07 PM
Today - at 110,000 miles, this warranty is STILL in effect! Just make sure you call the dealership and have them to check the VIN! All I can say... this saved me $3,000 at Firestone. Before you do ANYTHING major on a Cadillac, make sure you check the dealership by calling!
Hello psalministry1,

I am glad to hear that you were able to save that much by giving your dealership a call! If anyone needs Laura or I to look into anyone’s warranty information, just send us a private message with your VIN and we would be happy to do so! Thank you very much for posting your experience!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

captain rob
09-18-13, 07:46 PM
This worked for me 2004 SRX w/ 116K, thanks Cadillac!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-18-13, 11:38 PM
This worked for me 2004 SRX w/ 116K, thanks Cadillac!!
Hello captain rob,

I am glad to hear that you were able to have your catalytic convertor replaced under this warranty as well! Please feel free to private message Laura or myself if you have any questions! Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care