: Headlight Switch Rod Problem

mcgovernmatt
06-12-13, 11:12 PM
Hi, I have a 1975 Coupe Deville which I recently replaced the headlight switch on.
To do this you have to take out the rod/pull out, and while doing so I seemed to have lost
a part that went on the rod. It's kind of like a little washer, and I think it may have had something
to do with the Twilight Sentinel. It looks like Number 7 in the diagram I have posted.
Does anyone know how to replace this part? or does it actually have anything to do
with the sentinel? It was working fine, until I put everything back together without
that little washer type thing.

Thank you!

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/images/parts/gm/fullsize/1009166D02-007.JPG

talismandave
06-13-13, 12:30 AM
I don't have an answer for you, and I am not trying to be funny, but are you sure you have the right diagram?
That does not look like a 75 dash to me?

mcgovernmatt
06-13-13, 10:14 PM
@talismandave Yes you are correct, it's not a 75 dash, however it's the only
diagram I could find, but anyways the rod on this diagram looks pretty much the same.
I just don't know if that little part has anything to do with the sentinel not working correctly, or
if it might be a switch problem.

csbuckn
06-13-13, 11:51 PM
What does the sentinal feature do again? I can see that spacer being a problem if missing. Can you put another washer in?

tsgrpr97
06-14-13, 12:05 AM
The only part of the switch that acts on the sentinel unit is the pot switch immediately behind the face of the switch. As long as the inner ring is turning the pot, that washer shouldn't matter. I think the washer just helps to isolate the pull knob from the sentinel ring so one doesn't turn the other. Is it possible you damaged the pot?