: XM/Sirius and ONstar

TimRSRX777
06-12-13, 07:48 PM
The SRX we bought a few months ago, has both working Onstar and Sirius/XM subscriptions. Is the Sirius/XM subscription tied to the head unit or to the vehicle VIN number? Where does a person go to find out the length and level of the subscriptions? Is there lifetime subs to both? I want to find out, but I don't want to inadvertently let either ONStar or XM know that they may not have accidentally turned them off? I feel like a kid again and I am getting free cable. :)

sgilbert
06-12-13, 08:58 PM
XM to the head unit; OnStar to the car (VIN, I assume). Worry about it if/when it stops. :)

OnStar Advisor
06-13-13, 11:00 AM
The SRX we bought a few months ago, has both working Onstar and Sirius/XM subscriptions. Is the Sirius/XM subscription tied to the head unit or to the vehicle VIN number? Where does a person go to find out the length and level of the subscriptions? Is there lifetime subs to both? I want to find out, but I don't want to inadvertently let either ONStar or XM know that they may not have accidentally turned them off? I feel like a kid again and I am getting free cable. :)

TimRSRX777,

As long as you have a valid credit card on file with OnStar you will be covered. Onstar has Continuous Coverage service that will automatically bill monthly until the subscription is canceled (by the account owner), or an annual package is purchased. I'd be happy to answer any additional questions, just send me a PM with your account information so I can review your account. Thanks!

-Jessica, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

glake89
06-13-13, 11:34 AM
Tim, same happened to me, on star was active and still being billed to PO (5 mo.). I was a nice guy and called them to discontinue and even that was a hassle.