: Advice on purchasing SRX

maxwells4
06-12-13, 06:43 PM
Hello. I just joined the forum. I'm seriously considering purchasing a 2013 SRX. Not that I'm a firm believer in Consumer Report ratings but the SRX was given a 62 rating while the Lexus RX350 and Acura RDX ratings we're considerable higher. To those recent buyers, what helped you to decide on the SRX?

Submariner409
06-12-13, 07:00 PM
Lots of personal factors go into car buying decisions, and unfortunately most of them have nothing to do with reliability or maintenance history. Your best bet would be to go up to the SRX and other new model forums and do some homework, then use your newfound knowledge to guide you in a buying decision - and on your first trips to dealerships, leave the checkbook at home.

Be VERY, very careful when buying a car - any car - off someone's front lawn or at the Korner Kar Korral - if the deal seems too good to be true, you're the fish on the hook. Be wary of Golden 90 Warranty - 90 seconds or 90 feet, whichever occurs first........ it's your money, remember ?

adamjeeps
06-12-13, 07:43 PM
Buy what you like. It's luck of the draw you get a good one or a lemon. Those other makes have just as many problems as GM, don't let anyone fool you into believing otherwise. We got our 2012 brand new for almost 9,000 off sticker so that helped as well.

talismandave
06-13-13, 12:36 AM
In the near 30 cars I have owned over the years I have had cars that publication loved and cars they hated. Never had any relationship to the quality or ownership experience.
Great info source for toasters, not so much cars IMO.
Like any car magazine, read it for specifics of a car feature, then check that information out and form your own opinion.
Opinions of others are only important if they are making the payments for you!
Oh and :welcome5:

Rolex
06-13-13, 12:36 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-second-generation-forum-2010/

Click that link AND READ. Do your homework about the SRX before you buy. Do that kind of research on any new model vehicle you want to buy so you know what to expect from it. Lots of members here are very satisfied with the SRX.

I bought a SRX "performance" package for my wife a couple years ago. The car was beautiful, fast, and had one of the more comfortable rides of any vehicle we've owned. Ultimately there were eletrcial bugs, one after another, with no apparent way to fix them, that made us decide to let it go.