: Driving light upgrade and wheel question.

Z06CTSV
02-02-05, 03:39 PM
Hi All,

I didn't search this, but has anyone upgraded the driving/fog lights. I was looking at the color difference between the headlights and the driving lights. It would be nice if they were equal in power or brightness.

For you all that have gotten new tires. What did they use to balance the tires? An inner rim weight like the standard one would be nice. Did they have to paint it the same color as the rim? Etc. My dealer will be changing all four of mine and he can't find the same color ones from GM. I know, I'm anal...:bonkers:

Thanks,
Joe
New Orleans

Redline
02-03-05, 02:28 PM
I upgraded my driving lights to Sylvania Silverstars 9005's for my foglights. They're 65w vs. the 45w's and have not had any issues yet. Color-wise they are much closer to a true white than the original fogs. I didn't want to go the route of the fake-blue color -- they never seem to match the xenon color. I'm really happy with the less-yellow color and the brighter wattage.

Z06CTSV
02-03-05, 02:31 PM
Thanks

thebigjimsho
02-03-05, 02:48 PM
I upgraded my driving lights to Sylvania Silverstars 9005's for my foglights. They're 65w vs. the 45w's and have not had any issues yet. Color-wise they are much closer to a true white than the original fogs. I didn't want to go the route of the fake-blue color -- they never seem to match the xenon color. I'm really happy with the less-yellow color and the brighter wattage.
yet.......keep an eye on that. I wonder how difficult it would be to replace the harnesses down there.

thebigjimsho
02-03-05, 02:49 PM
Ignore this post.

Z06CTSV
02-03-05, 03:26 PM
Someone e-mailed me that the #9145 was also usable. I don't know what wattage..

Joe