: replacing cushion on driver side of a black DTS 2007 performance package also change

Gaf170
06-11-13, 09:33 PM
I like to know if anyone has changed a cushion on a DTS 2007 driver side seat and also has anyone replace the leather seat bottom half if so looking for
some support and trying to find out if I have to do
anything special like disconnect the battery or take
The front seat completely out or just go ahead and
recline the seat back and elevated as much as
possible and strip it out and replace everything as
needed already have parts . order from GM direct
yeah OME PARTS GM Direct

Dadillac
06-11-13, 09:46 PM
I did this a few weeks ago. Did the seat and the back. Also replaced the seat foam. Seat cover is held to cushion with velcro. Just line it up and press it down. You will need to remove the seat from the car. No screws holding the plastic panels. Just clips. Pry the two forward seat switches off. Remove the panels by pulling straight outward away from seat. Bolts for the seat and seatbelt are Torx. Pretty big one at that. You do not have to disconnect the battery. Anymore questions please ask

Don

phigment
06-12-13, 11:19 AM
Don, was the seat foam factory or did you get it aftermarket? What was the cost of the foam? I may need to do this soon. My leather is good but my drivers seat is not what it once was.

Dadillac
06-12-13, 01:17 PM
As you did I bought the pieces from GMPARTSDIRECT. So the foam is factory. Made a huge difference in comfort. I think the cushion was around $45. But that was before the shipping cost which I had all 3 pieces shipped together.

Don

big greg
06-12-13, 01:20 PM
As you did I bought the pieces from GMPARTSDIRECT. So the foam is factory. Made a huge difference in comfort. I think the cushion was around $45. But that was before the shipping cost which I had all 3 pieces shipped together.

Don

Did you replace the leather Don ?

Dadillac
06-12-13, 07:27 PM
Did you replace the leather Don ?
Yes. The bottom seat cover was torn on the outside edge. So I decided to replace it. Since the back cover wouldn't be a perfect match I decided to replace that too. And the seat foam was just a what the hell. I was gonna have it all apart so figured it would be not smart to use the old one.

Don

big greg
06-12-13, 07:55 PM
Can you pretty please help me with the part number or Linky? I'd like to do that as well

Dadillac
06-12-13, 10:46 PM
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/?CFID=15700227&CFTOKEN=36652391
Top right click catalog. Put in your info. Click body hardware, then seats & tracks, then front seat components. Rest is obvious from there. There are schematics so you find the correct part. Just make sure you read the entire description as there are several different options for the same part.

Don

----------

Don, was the seat foam factory or did you get it aftermarket? What was the cost of the foam? I may need to do this soon. My leather is good but my drivers seat is not what it once was.
Part number 25944059. This is with seat heater which almost all DTS's have. 15216256 if you do not have the seat heater.

Don