: '07 ESV Entertainment/Nav System randomly shuts down!

Mr.ESV
06-11-13, 06:19 PM
OK guys,

You've been helpful in the past, lets see if you can point me in the right direction for this issue.

Essentially, the entire Entertainment system shuts down completely at random; Which usually really amuses the kids when they're in the middle of a Disney movie!

Its been an on-going thing since I purchased the truck but it is becoming more frequent these days.

It does have a lock-pick installed on it allowing my missus to start/control DVDs while i drive etc.

I have had it out the car and put dielectric grease on all connectors which helped for a bit, but i cannot for the life of me figure out what could be causing this! It did it to me tonight driving the 7 miles home from work.

Any idea's?

Thanks,
Russell

MrHolland
06-11-13, 07:26 PM
I think I've seen similar threads, try a search.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-13, 08:19 PM
OK guys,

You've been helpful in the past, lets see if you can point me in the right direction for this issue.

Essentially, the entire Entertainment system shuts down completely at random; Which usually really amuses the kids when they're in the middle of a Disney movie!

Its been an on-going thing since I purchased the truck but it is becoming more frequent these days.

It does have a lock-pick installed on it allowing my missus to start/control DVDs while i drive etc.

I have had it out the car and put dielectric grease on all connectors which helped for a bit, but i cannot for the life of me figure out what could be causing this! It did it to me tonight driving the 7 miles home from work.

Any idea's?

Thanks,
Russell

Hello Mr.ESV,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your Escalade’s entertainment and NAV system randomly shutting down. Have you taken it to the dealership to see if they had any idea what was happening with it? If you would like my assistance in working with them, feel free to private message me and I would be happy to call and discuss the issue you are having with them. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Mr.ESV
06-12-13, 06:58 PM
MrHolland, please be more specific providing links to these posts you are referring to. I have tried to search "before" I posted a fresh thread and did not find anything!

Thanks

Mr.ESV
01-18-14, 06:23 PM
Pissed! This happened over one dozen times today in the space of 5hrs.

SpyShops NY
01-20-14, 11:22 AM
I would see about the cooling fan inside the unit it can be changed cheaply call oemautopartsco.com but I do know there is a cooling fan which sometime you will hear when the car is off for a short while on a warm day