: Meet Cadillac Racing drivers at Lime Rock Park (July 5th and 6th)

ctsvracingalan
06-11-13, 03:48 PM
JOIN CTS-V RACING
at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT
Friday, July 5th and Saturday, July 6th

Share in an extraordinary experience with CTS-V Racing and other Cadillac enthusiasts to meet and greet Cadillac Racing's drivers, Johnny O'Connell and Andy Pilgrim.

Come watch as Cadillac defends its Pirelli World Challenge GT Championship.

CTS-V Racing's Patriot Missile will be at Lime Rock Park both days- on track and at the Cadillac V-Series Car Corral.

Own a V-Series?
Join CTS-V Racing's Patriot Missile at the V-Series Car Corral by purchasing a Cadillac V-Series Corral Package, which includes:
-One exclusive onsite parking pass to the Cadillac V-Series Corral. Permitted to V-Series vehicles only.
-Two General Admission Tickets to watch the race from the V-Series Corral hospitality area.
-Catered food & beverage including continental breakfast, lunch and snacks.
-Special meet & greet with Cadillac Racing drivers, Johnny O'Connell and Andy Pilgrim.
-Guided tour at the Cadillac Paddock to meet Team Cadillac engineers and mechanics.
*Pricing still being finalized

Subscribe to this thread for updates, or let CTS-V Racing know you'll be there by signing up on our event registration form:
Event Registration Form (http://www.ctsvracing.com/#!v-series-corral-at-lime-rock/clon)

vagondr
06-12-13, 12:02 AM
I want to thank Alan and his friend Jim for their hospitality last Sunday at the NJ Motorsports Park. A ride in his Patriot Missile CTS V sedan made me a believer in that this might be the fastest sedan on a road course anywhere, when paired with a driver such as Alan. If you replace the rear seats, remove the decals, the rear spoiler, and the fighter pilot straps the car appears to be just a CTS sedan. Even the engine looks stock at first glance. Look closer and you see no wire connectors at the shock absorber towers (it has manually adjustable over coil dampers.) Peek through the grill and see a massive radiator and intercooler. The blower is stock but little else is as the engine has been replaced by one with larger displacement and upgraded ignition and fuel delivery. The exhaust is unrestricted with headers and no cats but retains the stock mufflers for a civil exhaust note while shooting foot long flames. Alan and D3 have created a powerhouse but I believe it's the suspension and bracing that sets this car apart on the track. Alan manually tunes the ride and drives without traction control. You have to go for a ride to truly appreciate how tight this suspension is. It's hard to comprehend the acceleration as the straightaway disappears in a flash, but the curves are incredible as Alan rides high and possibly over the aprons, often losing it for a split second before recovering. It's very much like a roller coaster that feels like it's gonna fly of the track but somehow makes the turn. There's a reason Alan asks for a signal on a regular that you're ok as I imagine some have puked or fainted in the past. Jim, who loaned me his helmet, needed it back as soon as we pulled in so he could do a few more time trials in his lightly modified Black Diamond coupe. I was embarrassed to return it soaking wet. You're going to sweat when you ride with Alan. Jim made a good showing in his street legal Caddy losing little ground to some track dedicated sports cars.

If you're at a meet and Alan offers, take a ride to remember. As busy as he is swapping tires, checking pressures and track times, making runs and picking up trophies he finds the time to answer questions and show off the Missile.

BigDog001
06-12-13, 06:36 AM
I want to thank Alan and his friend Jim for their hospitality last Sunday at the NJ Motorsports Park. A ride in his Patriot Missile CTS V sedan made me a believer in that this might be the fastest sedan on a road course anywhere, when paired with a driver such as Alan. If you replace the rear seats, remove the decals, the rear spoiler, and the fighter pilot straps the car appears to be just a CTS sedan. Even the engine looks stock at first glance. Look closer and you see no wire connectors at the shock absorber towers (it has manually adjustable over coil dampers.) Peek through the grill and see a massive radiator and intercooler. The blower is stock but little else is as the engine has been replaced by one with larger displacement and upgraded ignition and fuel delivery. The exhaust is unrestricted with headers and no cats but retains the stock mufflers for a civil exhaust note while shooting foot long flames. Alan and D3 have created a powerhouse but I believe it's the suspension and bracing that sets this car apart on the track. Alan manually tunes the ride and drives without traction control. You have to go for a ride to truly appreciate how tight this suspension is. It's hard to comprehend the acceleration as the straightaway disappears in a flash, but the curves are incredible as Alan rides high and possibly over the aprons, often losing it for a split second before recovering. It's very much like a roller coaster that feels like it's gonna fly of the track but somehow makes the turn. There's a reason Alan asks for a signal on a regular that you're ok as I imagine some have puked or fainted in the past. Jim, who loaned me his helmet, needed it back as soon as we pulled in so he could do a few more time trials in his lightly modified Black Diamond coupe. I was embarrassed to return it soaking wet. You're going to sweat when you ride with Alan. Jim made a good showing in his street legal Caddy losing little ground to some track dedicated sports cars.

If you're at a meet and Alan offers, take a ride to remember. As busy as he is swapping tires, checking pressures and track times, making runs and picking up trophies he finds the time to answer questions and show off the Missile.

Vagondr -- it was great having you there -- but you give me more credit than I deserve -- it really is the driver that makes the difference - LOL -- and I have to admit NARRA is a group of pretty highly "motivated" drivers - But i am getting there - I did enjoy getting by a Viper and GT3. Here is a picture of the two cars in the garage.

Hope you can make it to Lime Rock!

By the way just in case it was not clear -- this is the Pirelli World Challenge GT Racing event -- these are the Cadillac Sponsored Race Cars and Drivers - being in the Cadillac Tent should be awesome!

Here is a link to the Series -- http://www.world-challenge.com/

Jim

Dr. Design
06-13-13, 03:27 PM
This is a great first hand experience. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone on the forums.

Alan (and a few others) have done something truly unique with their vehicles. His overall performance and pace is hard to measure if you don't have anything to measure it against. Sometimes that can be hard to people to understand if they dont see it in person. Luckily for him he has Porsches, Vipers, Vettes, that he can prove his performance against in anger. Even though not all of the Cadillac forum members would do what Alan has done, it is a great testament to his hard work and passion that he has for the Cadillac brand. We hope that some of you will live vicariously through him and take him up on his ride-alongs and meets. He is a great source of knowledge and can help guide anyone should they decide to venture down his road. Doesn't hurt that he is an instructor also and can help you wheel your 4200lbs beast around the track.

Great job Alan. Way to be a steward to the community and a valuable resource for other Cadillac enthusiasts.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

BigDog001
06-19-13, 11:00 AM
JOIN CTS-V RACING
at Lime Rock Park in Lakeville, CT
Friday, July 5th and Saturday, July 6th

Share in an extraordinary experience with CTS-V Racing and other Cadillac enthusiasts to meet and greet Cadillac Racing's drivers, Johnny O'Connell and Andy Pilgrim.

Come watch as Cadillac defends its Pirelli World Challenge GT Championship.

CTS-V Racing's Patriot Missile will be at Lime Rock Park both days- on track and at the Cadillac V-Series Car Corral.

Own a V-Series?
Join CTS-V Racing's Patriot Missile at the V-Series Car Corral by purchasing a Cadillac V-Series Corral Package, which includes:
-One exclusive onsite parking pass to the Cadillac V-Series Corral. Permitted to V-Series vehicles only.
-Two General Admission Tickets to watch the race from the V-Series Corral hospitality area.
-Catered food & beverage including continental breakfast, lunch and snacks.
-Special meet & greet with Cadillac Racing drivers, Johnny O'Connell and Andy Pilgrim.
-Guided tour at the Cadillac Paddock to meet Team Cadillac engineers and mechanics.
*Pricing still being finalized

Subscribe to this thread for updates, or let CTS-V Racing know you'll be there by signing up on our event registration form:
Event Registration Form (http://www.ctsvracing.com/#!v-series-corral-at-lime-rock/clon)

I just spoke to the folks at Lime Rock who are taking the phone orders for the event -- They told me there are about 50 folks signed up for the Cadillac Coral and they still have about 3 slots open. The number to call is if you are still interested is --

1-800-RACE-LRP or
1 (800) 722-3577