: ETCBM (traction control computer)

scottm
02-01-05, 03:45 PM
My dealer told me I need a new traction control abs computer today (my traction control light would come on sometimes). After they checked it out the light comes on all the time and the abs light is on all the time. I brought it back and they said the computer is definatly shot and is not comunicating. Is this an item that can be changed without too much dificulity or is it better left up to a dealer? I was hoping to find a used one and install it myself. Is there alot of programming or does it just plug in? Scott m

32V_DOHC
02-02-05, 12:23 AM
What year and type is your car?

John

oldgamer
02-02-05, 01:00 PM
My dealer told me I need a new traction control abs computer today (my traction control light would come on sometimes). After they checked it out the light comes on all the time and the abs light is on all the time. I brought it back and they said the computer is definatly shot and is not comunicating. Is this an item that can be changed without too much dificulity or is it better left up to a dealer? I was hoping to find a used one and install it myself. Is there alot of programming or does it just plug in? Scott m

At first check the codes.
If I was you I better do it myself.
Find a Helm service manual and look for diagnostic diagrams.

scottm
02-02-05, 09:42 PM
I forgot to post my car is a 96 seville sts

Logandiagnostic
02-03-05, 10:38 AM
That year/ version...is mounted near the lower engine craddle. Its common to have corrosion etc at the electrical connection. You may want to check that out.

Logan Diagnostic
www.airbagcrash.com
www.ledfix.com

scottm
02-03-05, 02:23 PM
Is it easy to swap it out? i am assuming the dealer already checked connections . i brought it to 2 places . Is it located on passanger side or drivers side?