: New Review of the V-Wagon

elphil
06-11-13, 12:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmCZ1-WHCI

1997BlackETC
06-11-13, 03:05 AM
Good review, that car is identical to my car, even same year. He nailed it at the end "this car makes no sense at all" lol.

dennych
06-11-13, 03:54 AM
Car Tech is neat because he goes into finer detail into the tech and assessments for daily driving. Took him long enough to review it and clearly the tech is far outdated at this point.

Jinx
06-11-13, 04:11 AM
Just skip the first sixty seconds where he's talking out of his ass and trying to be clever.

Also, so tired of people saying "six-speed" when they mean "manual." The automatic is a six-speed too.

neuronbob
06-11-13, 07:18 AM
Almost entirely accurate review other than a couple of details.

A. You don't swipe the map to move it, you touch where you want to go and then touch the arrows. He thought he was on CUE for a second there.
B. he forgot to mention the $3k Recaro option.

No, this car makes no sense all...it is so cool.

spearfish25
06-11-13, 09:54 AM
Kind of a hostile start to an accepting end.

Jinx
06-11-13, 12:24 PM
Total mischaracterization in the beginning. The CTS-V wagon is not a dud, that's the base wagon, and yes that is a significant distinction. And they don't still build them because Europe likes them, they still build them because they have the tooling and they're piggybacking sedan and coupe production. The way he butchers the situation he nearly implies that they're going to keep building wagons in the next generation.

pat2t2f
06-11-13, 02:53 PM
As a single father of 3 kids I think it makes perfect sense. If I bought a corvette, I would never get to use it. This is fun and practical.

Trapspeed
06-11-13, 07:05 PM
That guy's a bozo.

spearfish25
06-11-13, 07:57 PM
Another criticism I don't understand is the Nav system. I'm a very tech-loving guy and the CTS-V nav system is fine for me. I have my phone if I need anything extravagant.

JFJr
06-11-13, 08:14 PM
Another criticism I don't understand is the Nav system. I'm a very tech-loving guy and the CTS-V nav system is fine for me. I have my phone if I need anything extravagant.

You and me. I love the nav system and don't understand the complaints; it only takes minimal intelligence to operate. Maybe the complainants need to rely on maps or go to school. They need to get into the 21st century.

Jud

Xaqtly
06-11-13, 08:48 PM
Speaking of the nav, while he was complaining about it he forgot to mention that with onstar you can use your phone to get nav directions and then send it to the nav screen in the car, which was one of the things he said it couldn't do. Research, right? So tedious. Yes, the system is outdated now, it came out in 2008. It still works fine for me.

Random84
06-11-13, 09:48 PM
That guy's a bozo.

+1

But who buys a car like this because of the iPod adapter (or lack thereof)?

ptrd
06-11-13, 10:18 PM
I probably wouldn't have bought it if it had CUE (serious).

Nav works fine for me, wish it had bluetooth streaming though.

r_calif
06-11-13, 11:16 PM
That guy's a bozo.

+2.

No HD radio? Seriously?

neuronbob
06-12-13, 12:02 AM
+1

But who buys a car like this because of the iPod adapter (or lack thereof)?

Well damn, I'm just going to sell my car because it didn' come with an iPhone 5 adapter. Screw this! :)

Seriously, everyone is spending too much time concentrating on the 45 seconds the presenter was talking out of his ass at the beginning, and not on the other 7 minutes where he was extremely positive about the V wagon. I submit that he is not a bozo. See the positive folks! Remember, people dream about driving a V wagon, especially a stick version. We are living the dream, people! :thumbsup: The fact is that most ordinary people can't afford a V period, let alone a V wagon, so we get approached at every gas stop (or at least I do).

r_calif
06-12-13, 12:51 AM
Well damn, I'm just going to sell my car because it didn' come with an iPhone 5 adapter. Screw this! :)

Seriously, everyone is spending too much time concentrating on the 45 seconds the presenter was talking out of his ass at the beginning, and not on the other 7 minutes where he was extremely positive about the V wagon. I submit that he is not a bozo. See the positive folks! Remember, people dream about driving a V wagon, especially a stick version. We are living the dream, people! :thumbsup: The fact is that most ordinary people can't afford a V period, let alone a V wagon, so we get approached at every gas stop (or at least I do).

Fair enough. It's just more fun to mock...!

Jinx
06-12-13, 01:11 AM
Sorry, not giving him credit for being positive. Every little schlub review of the CTS-V Wagon -- and there's probably one review for every five cars built -- has that "don't bite the hand that feeds me" glow. Everybody wants to like a 556hp luxury sport wagon they got to hoon on the builder's dime. So this guy spent a little more time on the tech... and got more details wrong. I don't see the value of more (belated) mish-mash exposure at this point.

sfvagon
06-12-13, 02:31 AM
I was also a bit surprised to see that review pop up in my feed. Aside from the fact that the V-Wagon is near the end of it's run, the nav/entertainment/toys are kind of beside the point in this car - certainly what we have in the current model is of very little of interest to someone interested in Car "Tech" (the tech emphasis being on Information Technology, who I assume are CNET's audience).

It was interesting reading the comments though. We all know already that this car is not for most people, and I dare say that's an integral part of its appeal.

Jinx
06-12-13, 12:16 PM
**resumes living the dream**

MacBuster
06-12-13, 01:31 PM
CNET is a computer / tech site. The only reason they started doing car reviews was to compare the tech inside...mostly the navigation systems, audio, and such. So this review came as no surprise to me. CNET reviews always follow this formula. What I find odd is the fact that he's reviewing a 6 year old technology. What's the point of that?

I suspect he ran into the opportunity to drive the car, wanted it for the day, and justified it with the review. I don't blame him.

ptrd
06-12-13, 02:08 PM
Yeah, comments are funny. You know all of the haters would take one in hearbeat. Also seems a lot of international commentors which the first inclination is to compare it to xxxxxx. Most of which we don't have here in the states or is double priced.

elphil
06-12-13, 04:01 PM
I liked his comment on the car's power. Even when your driving without your foot on the floor and the SC pumping, this is a very powerful vehicle. No matter the driving situation there's plenty of power at a touch of the accelerator.