: only 1 speaker working :(

Joe2thabone
06-10-13, 09:39 PM
Hi guys,I have a 1996 deville,all factory sound system,non bose.I have no sound from the right side most of the time and the left front puts out only high notes(like a tweeter) I pulled the radio and the wiring and plug are intact.Checked all fuses,amp had no fuse,put one in and still nothing! I plan on going through the rear wiring asap,am I correct in that I need to pull the rear seat out to access the amp and wiring? Also contemplateing a speaker change,any recommendations for the small (2")ones in the front?? And for the rear? thanks

rodnok01
06-11-13, 09:13 AM
Yes the rear seat has to come out to check for amp. For rear speakers they come out from the topafter you remove the rear shelf carpet.

Joe2thabone
06-13-13, 05:58 PM
Thanks Rodnok...gotta be sumpin loose back there...funny thing is the fuse for amp was missing,re-placed it and no differance what so ever....should have a look sometime this weekend :(

Alayamini
08-04-13, 10:47 PM
It is not your speakers your radio is the problem, i have a 95 deville and when my rear speakers stop working i did everything i know to fix them, finally i took the car to an audio shop, the said it was my wiring, they charged a 100 dollars to rewire the system, they could not fix the speakers, they discovered it was my radio who is not feeding to the rear speakers, i went to local junk yard and bought a radio from the same model car for 15 dollars , when i installed the new radio my rear speakers worked good but the front right speaker did not work I googled the problem, they said the cadillac radios all have problems, I found another radio online for 34 dollars i bought, all my speakers now work, it cost me $ 100 dollar for rewiring $ 15 for the junk yard radio and 34 dollars for the online radio to learn this, you guys learn it from me, it is your radio not the speakers that is bad...

Joe2thabone
08-05-13, 07:38 AM
Hmm...the junkyard radio didn't have to be programmed? Just plug & play?thought I read somewhere that radios theft deterrant would activate & have to be re-programmed in a differant car...

1BadCadSTS
08-05-13, 09:01 AM
Hmm...the junkyard radio didn't have to be programmed? Just plug & play?thought I read somewhere that radios theft deterrant would activate & have to be re-programmed in a differant car...

98+ got theftlock.

Joe2thabone
08-05-13, 09:55 AM
Oh,ok...thanks! I'll try another head unit then :)

Joe2thabone
08-05-13, 03:49 PM
Well crap :( bought a junkyard radio & same thing.guess I'll take back seat out & have a look...

Joe2thabone
08-11-13, 11:35 AM
Well,having all kinds of fun 2day! Back seat out,checked wiring etc...hooked up spare speaker to right rear(non working)& presto! It works! Speaker bad I guess,right front still dead though...am I correct that the fronts are just tweeters?can I just replace them with speakers?

Joe2thabone
08-16-13, 03:39 PM
Wow...3 dead speakers & 1 dead tweeter! Lol....got stock ones from junkyard & voila! Now curious about adding 2 more speakers to rear doors...no wiring present though,is this feasible? Does my amp have output for additional speakers there?