: I would like to personally thank this forum (dif related).......

BigMilk
06-10-13, 09:11 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the knowledge I received on this forum. After receiving my 2010
6spd sedan I brought it to my local dealer to have the dif checked. Low and behold I need a brand new one and its being completely covered by caddy. Can't say I would have really dug into the slight whine at 45 unless I heard it here first from you guys :cool2:

hakalugi
06-10-13, 09:20 PM
good news.

I tried to explain to an older (very old) relative about auto (or any topic) specific forums, and the value they contain.

all they knew about were chat rooms from AOL in the 1990's :)

me: imagine removing the usual limitations bringing together lovers of a given topic (time and space). Time since posting is asynchronous, and searchable for posterity, and space since anywhere with a 'net connection will work for you in joining into the discussion.

he asked if it took away form in-person get togethers, me: no, it' makes them better, you meet people you've "known" via screenname sometimes for years, and by doing the "data" transfer via the forum, in person time can be spent on more than just that.

he smiled and said, he got it and we're lucky to live when we do.

Trapspeed
06-10-13, 09:45 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the knowledge I received on this forum. After receiving my 2010
6spd sedan I brought it to my local dealer to have the dif checked. Low and behold I need a brand new one and its being completely covered by caddy. Can't say I would have really dug into the slight whine at 45 unless I heard it here first from you guys :cool2:

Awesome! Yes, message boards can be a wealth of info as long as you can deal with personalities and differences of opinion. Happy to hear it worked out. I just got one at 47K miles. Good stuff.