: FYI - Cleaning fabric headliner and posts - This worked for me. 2004 Deville

kad7777
06-10-13, 08:37 PM
Today I attempted to remove some stains from my FABRIC headliner and posts inside my 2004 Deville. I did not create the stains, so God knows how long they've been there.

Anyway, I grabbed my Woolite Pet Stain and Odor Remover WITH OXY (very important I believe). Two terrycloth towels and a firm toothbrush.

Damped one cloth with warm water. Sprayed a small amount of Woolite on the damp cloth and worked into the stain. Then gently scrubbed the stain with the toothbrush in a circular motion. Patted with a clean part of the damp cloth and then patted dry with the dry terrycloth towel.

Came out pretty good. Very pleased.

Will post this inside the Deville forum as well. DO NOT double post information. Moved to Detailing and Appearance.

kad7777
06-10-13, 08:39 PM
Today I attempted to remove some stains from my FABRIC headliner and posts inside my 2004 Deville. I did not create the stains, so God knows how long they've been there.

Anyway, I grabbed my Woolite Pet Stain and Odor Remover WITH OXY (very important I believe). Two terrycloth towels and a firm toothbrush.

Damped one cloth with warm water. Sprayed a small amount of Woolite on the damp cloth and worked into the stain. Then gently scrubbed the stain with the toothbrush in a circular motion. Patted with a clean part of the damp cloth and then patted dry with the dry terrycloth towel.

Came out pretty good. Very pleased.

Have posted this in the Detailing section as well. DO NOT double-post information.

ofnaman
06-10-13, 09:27 PM
Good to know. I have some stains on my wifes subaru headliner (thanks to my 4 year old), that I need to try to get out. I'll give this a shot. Thank you

Ranger
06-10-13, 10:11 PM
Haven't had stains on the headliner in years.

SGWORLDWIDE
06-10-13, 11:03 PM
im with ranger my headliners black so and i dont let no one eat in the car ether or your riding on the roof :shhh:

MoistCabbage
06-10-13, 11:09 PM
I have to clean mine occasionally where my hair grazes it.

bigm57ict
06-11-13, 09:16 AM
Be careful doing this with an old headliner. By rubbing it, you could cause the fabric to come loose from the backer and sag. I don't know about the '90's and after headliners, but 1980's and prior, the foam between the headliner fabric and the backing disintegrates over time. With a car that old, if the headliner is still intact. I don't touch it at all!