: control arms

boomys10
06-10-13, 07:01 PM
are the sts-v and sts control arms interchangable. cant find this informatino ANYWHERE and need to know. the bushng in my lower arms are bad and need to be replaced but cant find the bushing alone, so thinking its time to replace them all. found the full complete arm for 200 online but can get a complete sts arm for 65. pictures dont help compare them though. thanks in advance all!!

TimmyC
06-11-13, 12:17 PM
as far as I know they are the same.

1BadCadSTS
06-11-13, 12:20 PM
I believe they are as long as you get an sts not an sts4 control arm.

boomys10
06-11-13, 03:47 PM
oh thank god. just saved 600 then. yeppie!!

wake
06-15-13, 11:34 PM
How many miles on your V?

I'm getting ready to turn 88K on mine and started getting a little knock in the front end at slow speeds in the driveway. Based on previous vehicle experience I'm starting to suspect I'll be replacing front end parts before much longer.

boomys10
06-15-13, 11:41 PM
its an 06 with 86k. I drive mine MUCH harder than most drive theirs though. but your prolly correct. I picked up both lower control arms yesterday and should have them here by Tuesday. guy said it would work so im hoping the stock picture they had wasn't misleading. ill relay my expirence and hopefully save you a crap load of money also. lol

wake
06-17-13, 09:36 PM
its an 06 with 86k. I drive mine MUCH harder than most drive theirs though. but your prolly correct. I picked up both lower control arms yesterday and should have them here by Tuesday. guy said it would work so im hoping the stock picture they had wasn't misleading. ill relay my expirence and hopefully save you a crap load of money also. lol

Good to know, how about the struts/shocks? What replacement options do we have?

boomys10
06-18-13, 10:29 AM
those havent went bad on mine yet, so no idea. i just address one thing at a time. lol

wake
06-29-13, 12:09 AM

Any update on the installation? The regular STS arms work?

boomys10
06-29-13, 10:25 AM
they worked. easy install. just have to remove a few bolts and beat the ball joint out. took about 1.5hours for both sides including talking and messing around. not a hard job at all.

wake
06-29-13, 03:53 PM
Glad to hear that. Might order a set of control arms and new struts this fall for a project.