: New ATS owner

wongluk
06-10-13, 07:28 PM
Just took delivery of a performance trim black on black 2.0T 6spd manual over the weekend. I have waited for three months for this great car!!!

Initial impression, great looking led and hid... really set the car apart from others on the road. It is really engaging and fun to drive.

Surprisingly, after reading all the bad things about the manual transmission, it is really not bad. It is comparable to the 6spd I had in the Subaru sti and better than the BMW 6 SPD. It makes a nice clicky sound when I change gear. However, I did notice some slack in the drive train whenever I release the clutch. The on center steering feel is somewhat vague so its hard to keep it straight during long and boring highway drive, but works perfectly in the bends!

Still waiting to get out of the break in period to get an idea about the gas mileage but so far its not bad 8.7l/100km with 70% highway driving.

Also I am not sure if its a Canadian thing or not, I dont have an option to disable the auto door lock and no options for CUE to "speak" my sms's And having no Pandora (I have VPN) in Canada is just bad. Is there anyway to install the app?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

KXAM
06-10-13, 08:12 PM
Congratulation on your purchase. Did you go with the 2.0 because you wanted the stick? We just got a V6 and I really like it even though it is an automatic. I have a 6spd manual in my Corvette and I just cannot see a luxury Caddy with a stick. BTW, my C6 gets 30+ on the highway and 20+ around town, if I keep my foot out of it....not bad for 400+ hp!

pever
06-10-13, 11:19 PM
Also I am not sure if its a Canadian thing or not, I dont have an option to disable the auto door lock and no options for CUE to "speak" my sms's And having no Pandora (I have VPN) in Canada is just bad. Is there anyway to install the app?

Page 5-48 of the manual re passive door locking.
No SMS in the ATS despite early promotional vids. Some work-arounds exist depending on your phone.
No Pandora in Canada or Sirius/XM weather either - my understanding is that they are factory disabled. Sirius/XM traffic is now available in Canada.

Hoosier Daddy
06-11-13, 12:38 AM
No SMS in the ATS despite early promotional vids. Some work-arounds exist depending on your phone.
You think it got re-instated with some update? My ATS reads texts just fine. I know you mentioned work arounds, but that implies you have to do something. But our ATS has been reading text messages from day one, so I assumed its normal.

mtinaza
06-11-13, 03:34 AM
You think it got re-instated with some update? My ATS reads texts just fine. I know you mentioned work arounds, but that implies you have to do something. But our ATS has been reading text messages from day one, so I assumed its normal.

Mine doesn't have that option as the manual implies under Settings.

73JPS
06-11-13, 09:13 AM
Page 5-48 of the manual re passive door locking.

I think wongluk might be talking about auto door locking on page 5-46/47 of the manual: and he's is correct, the option to deselect this rather annoying feature is not present in the menu, at least on my car.

Bertha D Blues
06-11-13, 09:19 AM
What do you mean by "...reading text messages..."? Does it display them on the screen or maybe read them aloud? Bert

Hoosier Daddy
06-11-13, 10:21 AM
What do you mean by "...reading text messages..."? Does it display them on the screen or maybe read them aloud? Bert
The car announces you have a text message and tells you you can say "read it" (or something like that) or "ignore" (or similar). It may have the same options on the screen but I never looked.

----------

Mine doesn't have that option as the manual implies under Settings.
Mine does not display a "text alert" option either, but the setting is apparently set to "on" for my car.

Stevo Supremo
06-11-13, 10:58 AM
congrats! I LOVE the standard in this car, nice tight short shifts, beautiful, and that limited slip diff REALLY brings it all home.

bravnik
06-11-13, 11:11 AM
The car announces you have a text message and tells you you can say "read it" (or something like that) or "ignore" (or similar). It may have the same options on the screen but I never looked.

----------

Mine does not display a "text alert" option either, but the setting is apparently set to "on" for my car.

What type of phone are you using? I might want to test this to see if mine works.

Hoosier Daddy
06-11-13, 11:45 AM
What type of phone are you using? I might want to test this to see if mine works.
Yeah, I don't know if it works with dinosaur phones like iPhones or Androids. I have a Windows 8 phone. ;)

j/k

Definitely just try it and see. But what's weird is I seem to recall actually turning the option on when I got the car although the option is no longer there. And the car has NOT been to a dealer, so it didn't get deleted by some update unless the updates are being done wirelessly without notice or consent.

Pever, what did you mean by "work-arounds depending on your phone"?

wongluk
06-11-13, 04:43 PM
Yeah I got the 2.0 just for the six speed

I have a nexus 4 phone and I just couldn't get CUE the read the texts... The work around is that I can turn on blue tooth steaming and when a text pops up on the phone, I press a button on the phone to get the SMS app the read out the text via Bluetooth streaming, which doesn't really work that well

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

scsgoal31
06-11-13, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I don't know if it works with dinosaur phones like iPhones or Androids. I have a Windows 8 phone. ;)

j/k

Definitely just try it and see. But what's weird is I seem to recall actually turning the option on when I got the car although the option is no longer there. And the car has NOT been to a dealer, so it didn't get deleted by some update unless the updates are being done wirelessly without notice or consent.

Pever, what did you mean by "work-arounds depending on your phone"?

Windows Phone is the only OS I know of that will do this. It will actually do it over any bluetooth connection, not just a car.

Hoosier Daddy
06-11-13, 08:04 PM
Windows Phone is the only OS I know of that will do this. It will actually do it over any bluetooth connection, not just a car.
Okay. So Cadillac was just looking forward and not really caring about legacy devices like iPhones, etc.. ;)

ewired
06-11-13, 10:56 PM
Legacy??? You mean legendary ;)

gohawks63
06-12-13, 12:10 AM
Okay. So Cadillac was just looking forward and not really caring about legacy devices like iPhones, etc.. ;)

No, I think he meant legacy, another way of saying established (read: older) platforms.