: Just Picked Up a Brand New 2012 Opulent Blue Metallic V!

Fast One
06-10-13, 03:11 PM
Hi guys,

A little over a week ago I picked up a new leftover 2012 Opulent Blue Metallic V automatic. I traded in my 2008 Corvette (6M). I needed a 4 door automatic and after driving the V I am very impressed with the way it drives. The car was sitting on the dealer's lot for about a year and had only 18 miles on it. I was wondering if I should the change the oil now even though the car only has 150 miles on it since it was sitting for a year or is the oil still good? Also, I heard but I don't know if it's true that there is a special oil the manufacturer puts into the car that should be left in there through the break-in process, and if that's the case would it be a problem if I did change the oil now and put in regular Mobil 1? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Crystal Red CTS-V
06-10-13, 03:21 PM
Not aware of any break-in oil, should be just like the '08 C6. I would put fresh Mobil1 in it since the oil change interval specifies no longer than one year, even with low miles. My wife's '07 Accord had a break in additive that specified not changing the oil right away when new, but that's the only car I've seen that specifically addressed that.

1997BlackETC
06-10-13, 03:24 PM
I'd change it @ around 1000 miles if I were you and ya it's fine to use the mobil 1, as far as I know the oil they put in at the factory is just Dexos which is a synthetic blend so the mobil 1 should actually be better than what in there now. Reason I say 1000 miles is just to give the stock filter a chance to do it's thing with the stock oil incase there are any file particals in there or whatever, then I'd just go to changing it every 7500 miles with the mobil 1 thereafter. Was your blue car the one in Sarasota? I know they had a blue coupe there for around a year, I shocked it did not sell all that time as it was a beautiful car with the titanium interior.

sshu
06-10-13, 03:35 PM
Congrats, I didn't know they still had 2012's left. What kind of discount were they giving? PM me if you would like.

Fast One
06-10-13, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the replies, I guess I will change out the oil now and again at 1,000 miles then. I picked up my car from a dealer in New Jersey, 4 door with the titanium interior.

PetroCTS-V
06-10-13, 04:04 PM
What dealer?

Fast One
06-10-13, 04:09 PM
Englewood Cliffs Cadillac

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 04:12 PM
Hi guys,

A little over a week ago I picked up a new leftover 2012 Opulent Blue Metallic V automatic. I traded in my 2008 Corvette (6M). I needed a 4 door automatic and after driving the V I am very impressed with the way it drives. The car was sitting on the dealer's lot for about a year and had only 18 miles on it. I was wondering if I should the change the oil now even though the car only has 150 miles on it since it was sitting for a year or is the oil still good? Also, I heard but I don't know if it's true that there is a special oil the manufacturer puts into the car that should be left in there through the break-in process, and if that's the case would it be a problem if I did change the oil now and put in regular Mobil 1? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Fast One,

I am happy to hear you are enjoying your V! I bet it is a blast to drive. I see other forum members were able to provide you with advice of your oil changing. Continue to enjoy driving your awesome Cadillac! If there are ever any questions or concerns you have, please private message me or Email us at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

1997BlackETC
06-10-13, 07:28 PM
I was just saying I'd wait till 1000 miles to change it, then every 7500 there after. Congrats on the new ride.

Gman1023
06-10-13, 08:20 PM
Congrats, I didn't know they still had 2012's left. What kind of discount were they giving? PM me if you would like.

There are 2 leftover '12 Vagons in Pittsburgh. The prices are low but compared to whan you can get with a new order it's surprisingly close.

Random84
06-10-13, 08:57 PM
Oil additives break down over time (and use). Although the oil is likely fine as a semi-synthetic, I personally would run a few hundred break-in miles and then change it. After that, normal intervals are fine IMHO.

hakalugi
06-10-13, 09:06 PM
Congrats. I got my 'new' 2012 2 weeks ago. Also Titanium interior. Lovin' it so far.

M5eater
06-11-13, 08:12 AM
As mentioned, leave the oil in there. 1000-1500 miles of use, change it.

rjh
06-11-13, 01:24 PM
Great to hear about your new coupe.
I picked up a basically identical car in the Dallas area about four months ago. I traded my slightly modded 2012 Shelby after my wife said she loved the color on the V and the automatic (only downside). Although telling your friends it's "Opulent" blue results in some entertaining comments. Interestingly, it also was on the lot for nearly a year, along with a gray and red one. As the price was right, off we went. Most important, she who must be obeyed is happy. The car is spectacular and has already received an Airaid CAI and will soon get a pulley and tune to prepare for Beeville.
I have been following this site for several months and found it to be not only a great source for all things V, but populated with some great folks, making it a pleasure to be an owner. The oil was changed at 1200 miles and will then be on a 7500 mile schedule unless a Beeville type weekend thing happens, at which point it's changed the next week. Hope you are enjoying the car as much as we are. And thanks to all the folks that make this such a great site. rjh

PetroCTS-V
06-11-13, 02:43 PM
Englewood Cliffs Cadillac

Congrats.

I bought mine from Cadillac of Mahwah in July of 2012. Englewood Cliffs didn't want to sell me a V for the right price. :)

PNBLWZD
06-11-13, 02:58 PM
What are some of the deals people are finding on leftover 2012's? I can get employee pricing and can get a sedan w recaros, sunroof, suede, wood, polished wheels for around $60k, or w/o recaros for $57k after all available discounts and rebates.

rjh
06-13-13, 01:48 PM
Got mine for $11k off sticker from James Wood Cadillac in Denton. Great sales guy, Robert Capestany, helped us. Service is also great.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-13-13, 09:09 PM
Got mine for $11k off sticker from James Wood Cadillac in Denton. Great sales guy, Robert Capestany, helped us. Service is also great.

Congratulations on your new vehicle rjh! That sounds like you got a great deal! I’m happy to hear that you experienced great service as well. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your new CTS-V, please feel free to message us. Enjoy your new vehicle!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care