: Do you think the ATS will make a Top Gear (Uk) appearance?

M5eater
06-10-13, 03:32 PM
If you're not 'in the know' a new season starts at the end of this month.

Personally I'm mixed.
On the one hand the V2 got a thumbs up from Mr. Clarkson and Captian slow, the ATS is the first legitimate crown-taker from the 3 series, which they all generally lament as boringly overpopulated as a Ford mondeo, and Cadillac plans on marketing the Car to Europe, so it's relevant too.

On the other hand, Cadillac's brand name is so shockingly tarnished with bad rebadges, false launches, poor street cred, and the ATS that they *are* bringing over lacks the single most imporant engine; the 2.5L N/A, or even a smaller one that that, oh yeah, and a diesel. I'm not sure they'll justify giving the car a spot that might otherwise be occupied with something people overthere might idk, acutally buy.

So clearly, Cadillac still isn't interested in large european conquests and as such, the gang may decide that an ATS is still a pipe dream for a mostly Badge enginered populs.

Maybe another America special? There are quite a few new entries over here worth mentioning. Ala, the Karma, Volt, C7 Corvette, focus ST, and probably a few other's I'm missing, *maybe* the redesigned Charger/300C, but there's really not much there except for a few extra ponies and a nip-n-tuck.

personally, i'm thinking it'll get mentioned/talked about for a few seconds in the news.

What are some other car's you think will *definitally* be see?

my list;

Golf MKVII (which has been out around there for about a year now)
new S-Class?
new E-Class
New A3/ CLA?
new 911
La Ferrari?
Aventador SV?

mrstecks
06-10-13, 06:12 PM
I thought it was encouraging that their website had a small article last July about the ATS:
http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/Cadillac-ATS-first-drive-2012-07-23

But they have virtually ignored it since then. So l agree, they'll probably mention it in the news segment, but not much more.
Still, it would be great to see them test one on their track. But would Stig be able to figure out Cue enough to be able to listen to music? :)

Hoosier Daddy
06-10-13, 07:12 PM
So England gets a manual transmission with the 2.5 engine? Or are they basically clueless?

OK, but it's not just about performance models, what are the regular cars like to drive?

Good to great. We got to drive everything from the base 2.5-litre manual model .....

wongluk
06-10-13, 07:30 PM
Depends on whether GM marketing has the money to make it happen or not.

I do hope the ATS-V will make it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

M5eater
06-10-13, 08:52 PM
So England gets a manual transmission with the 2.5 engine? Or are they basically clueless?

from the europe market sources and european magazines I've read, they get the 2.0T in manual/ auto and the 3.6.

No 2.5L, which is ironic seeing as it would have sold in droves over there.

If you notice, their review says they tested the car in Atlanta, GA. IE in the US.

thebigjimsho
06-11-13, 06:38 PM
I almost think they have to as there is no doubt it has the best chassis of any small sports sedan...

M5eater
06-12-13, 09:11 AM
I almost think they have to as there is no doubt it has the best chassis of any small sports sedan...

My thing is that they rarely do 'pedestrian' cars like the ATS, unless those cars happen to be industry standards setters , like the 3 series, the S-class, the golf, ect. I think they'll mention it in good favor, but that an acutal review will come down to waiting for the ATS-V and/or F80 M3 matchup when both release sometime next year. There are quite simply a plethora of other much more exotic and expensive cars that need testing.

AudiA4
06-12-13, 10:04 AM
I'm assuming the Tesla Model S would show up in one of their episodes.

M5eater
06-13-13, 09:02 AM
I'm assuming the Tesla Model S would show up in one of their episodes.
I would say with 99% certintanty, no future tesla products will be on the Top gear show. Not after they were threatend with lawsuit the last time it was on there.

What I would expect, is a Karma.