: Photoshop

Stoneage_Caddy
01-31-05, 04:01 PM
Well , i got tired of doing things with paint brush to mod pictures of cadillacs , plus it never comes out nice.

So i went out to an office depot to look at how much "photoshop" is ...600 friggin bucks!!!!

Does everyone here that does these photoshop pics have this 600 dollar program ? i find it hard to belive that many people have spent 600 bucks to chop up and makecool pics for us to enjoy ....

If you dont use that 600 dollar program tell me what to get ...if its like 50 bucks or something for a program that does stuff like rexradier does then ill go out and get it ....theres a couple ideas i have .....

daacon
01-31-05, 06:43 PM
Yep good top be the leader <dooooooooooh> I use Paint Shop Pro Version 8 (version 9 is current) - great product - takes some getting use to but can be had for around $100.00

Lots of resonably priced editiors out there. I think there is one called GIMP that is not so user friednly but it is Free :D - Google away ......

Photoshop is more for if you did that for a living ...or just had money to burn

airbalancer
01-31-05, 06:53 PM
or have kids in collage, they always seems to have copies of everything :devillaug

illumina
01-31-05, 08:24 PM
i have photoshop..... :lildevil: :shhh:

CoupeDevilleRob
01-31-05, 08:31 PM
You can just do what my friend did and download it. I think he deleted it though because he thought the FBI and NYPD were coming after him. Just buy a cheaper one, I'm sure they're just as good for an average user. Unless you're above average.

majax
01-31-05, 08:31 PM
I got it to from a friend :shh: I have seen $1000 versions of it

Ralph
01-31-05, 08:35 PM
Just buy an Epson CX4600 scanner/printer/copier like I did and I don't need Photoshoppe anymore because of the built in software and there are upgrades you can download from the net for free.

danbuc
01-31-05, 08:59 PM
If you can find it, I've got a key-gen....hehe :sneaky:

davesdeville
01-31-05, 10:22 PM
It would be nice if there was an easy way to learn photoshop, I had it downloaded but I deleted it because I couldn't figure out how to work with it. Adobe Premiere video editor was easy to pick up for me but not photoshop. And yeah I paid for both of them :p

gothicaleigh
02-01-05, 10:37 AM
Photoshop is unquestionably the best in commercial image editing software.

But if you're just going to use the software for photo touchups and fun, Photoshop Elements should have more than everything you need. You can find Elements for around $70 if you look around or bundled with Premiere for around $150.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/main.html

If you think Adobe's prices are bad, look at what a professional 3D program costs:
Cinema 4D R9 Studio Bundle: $2,999.00
http://www.maxon.net/index_e.html
3DS-MAX Right Hemisphere Bundle: $3,995.00
http://estore.discreet.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry?CID=174329&SID=37482&SP=10007&DSP=0&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=174329

Kev
02-01-05, 11:44 AM
Yeah, then there are proprietary CAD programs like the one that I use. Cost me 22k at the time I purchased. Ouch!!:bulging:
But I've found some very expensive softwares for very low prices at a local computer show. (No, they didn't have the CAD program that I use.... rats!)

Kev

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-05, 11:45 AM
22k? and i thought autocad LT was steep.......

wonder why its so expensive ....

larry16
02-01-05, 11:48 AM
i want older car's as own a 1961 say from 1953

Kev
02-01-05, 12:03 PM
22k? and i thought autocad LT was steep.......

wonder why its so expensive ....
It's because of it's CAD/CAM capabilities. It draws HVAC duct in 3D and downloads to cutting tables/line coil machines.

Kev

juiceE
02-01-05, 01:38 PM
i say ,download photoshop for free from kazaa resurection or sum p2p prog, or sum IRC rooms and buy a photoshop for dummies book

gothicaleigh
02-01-05, 02:31 PM
It's because of it's CAD/CAM capabilities. It draws HVAC duct in 3D and downloads to cutting tables/line coil machines.
Kev

Most of those indusrtrial systems have to be tailor made for the operation too. That contributes to the cost.

When I was a supervisor for an aluminum extrusion die manufacturer, we used a hybrid setup that borrowed parts from CimCAD/CAM, Esprit, and ExpertCAD to create paths for our HSM milling centers...

Kev
02-01-05, 02:55 PM
Most of those indusrtrial systems have to be tailor made for the operation too. That contributes to the cost.

When I was a supervisor for an aluminum extrusion die manufacturer, we used a hybrid setup that borrowed parts from CimCAD/CAM, Esprit, and ExpertCAD to create paths for our HSM milling centers...
When I purchased there was 10k fee directly to a guy that had rights to the CAM process. He got that for every station sold until Nov, '02.

Kev

Elvis
02-01-05, 04:16 PM
Photoshop Elements does more than enough. I paid about $100.

bob2231
02-01-05, 04:20 PM
Like others suggested, you might want to try the gimp software. The link will take you to their site. And if you google for gimp, there are tutorials and how to pages available.
http://www.gimp.org/

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-05, 07:32 PM
bob , thanks for the link over to gimp , got it installed and im playing around with a pic of my car .....well see what all i can do eh ?

bob2231
02-01-05, 09:36 PM
Sure Stoney, remember google for tips. There are sites that have you go step by step through projects that will help quite a bit with the basics.

Stoneage_Caddy
02-01-05, 11:22 PM
ah good ill look into that tomorrow , got a small project right now repairing a clock ...

iametarq
02-04-05, 10:35 AM
i have photoshop creative suite, it's nice for windows.

i also use the gimp on my linux computer. both are very good. :)

onbagz2002
02-04-05, 09:35 PM
Well , i got tired of doing things with paint brush to mod pictures of cadillacs , plus it never comes out nice.

So i went out to an office depot to look at how much "photoshop" is ...600 friggin bucks!!!!

Does everyone here that does these photoshop pics have this 600 dollar program ? i find it hard to belive that many people have spent 600 bucks to chop up and makecool pics for us to enjoy ....

If you dont use that 600 dollar program tell me what to get ...if its like 50 bucks or something for a program that does stuff like rexradier does then ill go out and get it ....theres a couple ideas i have .....
Just go to www.limewire.com and download adobe photoshop 7.0 thats what i did...
Here is the program i downloaded for FREE
http://www.trustprice.com/as/product_details.cfm/ItemNo=1109%2D309537

gothicaleigh
02-05-05, 12:12 PM
Here is the program i stole for FREE

Let's be honest.
;)

Download a program or song to check it out. If it is worth keeping, be sure to buy the real version. These people need to make money so that the next version of the software/ next song album comes out.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not telling anyone not to use the P2P systems. I see value in the P2P systems in that they allow you to sample products that normally you wouldn't try due to financial limitations. But if you see value in a product enough to keep it, you need to pay the programmer/artist for the work.

Sinister Angel
02-05-05, 04:13 PM

Kev

What's it called? I acquired a copy of Catia V5R11 with ALL the modules (is that how the sell it, with specific modules). I have no clue how much it costs. Any clue?