: platinum gauge cluster question

chacho44
06-10-13, 03:11 AM
Ok did the platinum gauge cluster only come in esv's? Or did they come in the reg short body as well. I found a 05 wrecked short body escalade and the guy is gonna part it out, well it has the platinum cluster (the one with the chrome bezal and different speedometer). I told the guy I don't think that body style came with it but he insists it did. He won't sell it to me yet cause hes selling the motor n trans and wants to keep the cluster to show the miles on the motor which the cluster shows 78k. I understand what he's doin to show what the miles are but did these short bodies come with this cluster or just the esv's. Information asap please. Thanks Rafael

the cadillac man
06-10-13, 03:34 AM
Ok did the platinum gauge cluster only come in esv's? Or did they come in the reg short body as well. I found a 05 wrecked short body escalade and the guy is gonna part it out, well it has the platinum cluster (the one with the chrome bezal and different speedometer). I told the guy I don't think that body style came with it but he insists it did. He won't sell it to me yet cause hes selling the motor n trans and wants to keep the cluster to show the miles on the motor which the cluster shows 78k. I understand what he's doin to show what the miles are but did these short bodies come with this cluster or just the esv's. Information asap please. Thanks Rafael

The clusters are swappable between all gm suv's and trucks so it will work and the miles on your truck will show up on the new cluster

chacho44
06-10-13, 03:54 AM
Yes I know they are Cadillac man, but my question is did the platinum cluster come on the short body style stock? I think it was swapped at some point in time but he said its never been done.

the cadillac man
06-10-13, 10:41 AM
Yes I know they are Cadillac man, but my question is did the platinum cluster come on the short body style stock? I think it was swapped at some point in time but he said its never been done.

Well both the regular escalade platinum and the esv platinum package has pretty much the same features and both had the the package as a option
You might ask a gm dealer's service manager before getting it

chacho44
06-10-13, 04:12 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see I see