: Stock DRL Bulbs to LED on '13 Premium AWD?

'12CTSman
06-09-13, 11:05 PM
I am wanting to change my stock DRL 7443's to LEDs on my '13 Premium AWD. It seems prices online are all over the place from a couple of bucks to $25 a piece. http://www.vleds.com/ seems to be a popular place to buy LED's from what I've read on other car forums. There seems to be a dozen or more companies out there who are supposedly making LED's for cars. If there is a thread on the forum about LED DRL's I certainly can't find it. I've searched and searched the forum and all I can find is a sticky with some interior pics and a list of bulbs that might work, but no mention of changing out the DRL's. I would like to hear from someone who has actually done the mod and where they bought the LED's and what they paid. I know you get what you pay for, but this seems to be a hit and miss thing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TheCaptain
06-10-13, 07:28 AM
In my SRX mods sticky, I do have a point where I did change out the drl bulbs with led. Unfortunately, the SRX sends different voltages to the bulbs and they burnt out inside of three months. And they are a pain to change. I just went with Nokya 7000K incandescent for awesome colour and life.

'12CTSman
06-10-13, 12:56 PM
In my SRX mods sticky, I do have a point where I did change out the drl bulbs with led. Unfortunately, the SRX sends different voltages to the bulbs and they burnt out inside of three months. And they are a pain to change. I just went with Nokya 7000K incandescent for awesome colour and life.

Thanks for the info. Does your Cadillac have the separate DRLs, or do you have the low beam DRLs since you live in Canada? BTW, where did you buy the Nokyas?

'12CTSman
06-11-13, 10:31 AM
I went ahead and ordered a pair of 7443 6K 21 LED Premiums from V-Leds after they assured me via email they will work fine without any resistors.

TheCaptain
06-13-13, 10:36 AM
Mine is a premium, so the DRL's are separate from the High/Low.

I ordered the Nokya's on ebay after my 6K 7440 LEDs from VLEDs died.

'12CTSman
06-15-13, 11:05 PM
Mine is a premium, so the DRL's are separate from the High/Low.

I ordered the Nokya's on ebay after my 6K 7440 LEDs from VLEDs died.

I got the bulbs yesterday; now I have to figure out how to put them in. Can you provide any info on the procedure of getting the electrical box off on the driver's side?

rureno
06-17-13, 03:19 PM
I went ahead and ordered a pair of 7443 6K 21 LED Premiums from V-Leds after they assured me via email they will work fine without any resistors. Let me know how it goes. Post pictures when it's done...I have been thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks

'12CTSman
06-17-13, 04:16 PM
I went ahead and ordered a pair of 7443 6K 21 LED Premiums from V-Leds after they assured me via email they will work fine without any resistors. Let me know how it goes. Post pictures when it's done...I have been thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks

I will if I can get some info about how to remove the underwood electrical box. It would seem I need to disconnect the negative battery cable, but I have no idea where the terminals are, and what else needs to be done after that. It seems no one on this forum wants to provide the info. Strange.

----------

Let me know how it goes. Post pictures when it's done...I have been thinking of doing the same thing. Thanks

I will if I can get some info about how to remove the underhood electrical box. I think I need to disconnect the negative battery cable, but I have no idea where the terminals are, and what else needs to be done after that. It seems no one on this forum wants to provide the info. Strange.[/QUOTE]

adamjeeps
06-17-13, 04:35 PM
Here is the directions from alldata for my 2012 Performance (HID lights like yours):

TheCaptain
06-18-13, 07:11 AM
I could move the box on my '10. I couldn't on my '13. I had to remove most of the bumper and loosen the headlight.