: When can I order a 2014 CTS-V?

Kyle_B
06-09-13, 10:45 PM
I made the decision last month to wait and order a 2014 CTS-V configured exactly as I like instead of buying a '13 off the lot. At the time, rumor had it that Cadillac would start accepting orders on June 10 (tomorrow). Does anyone know whether this date is still good? If so, I will plan a visit to the dealer.

Also, what do you think I should pay for the car? A couple folks have posted that I should pay "invoice price". Is that the same as I would find on Edmunds.com? I understand the dealership has to make money, but I don't want to get ripped off and pay way too much, either. I would prefer to buy from my local dealer, but maybe I should call a few others and compare prices. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance! -Kyle

1997BlackETC
06-09-13, 10:55 PM
If you can figure out a way to get employee pricing that would be the least expensive way. Do you know anyone who works for GM? I'm pretty sure June 10th is the start of the order date for the 2014's. They are not going to make too many 2014 so best off getting in your order soon.

thebigjimsho
06-09-13, 11:22 PM
Just listen to little orphaned Annie...

1997BlackETC
06-10-13, 12:57 AM
Heres a example of GM employee pricing http://prod3.gmautobuilder.com/BuildYourOwn/GMFamilyFirst.byo?priceformula=EM It shows a total of around 8 grand off the sticker.

GM-4-LIFE
06-10-13, 03:29 AM
You should be able to place an order for a 2014 CTS-V NOW. Dealers have already had orders accepted by GM for a couple weeks now. LGR Assembly starts building 2014 model year vehicles, tomorrow, June 10, 2013.

spearfish25
06-10-13, 12:44 PM
GM said they start orders today June 10. They have not been taking orders 'for weeks'. I know, I tried multiple times and through different avenues. Finally called GM North America who told me orders start today.

GM-4-LIFE
06-10-13, 01:24 PM
I have already seen orders at 3400 status on 2014 CTS-Vs in GM Global. Orders are already in the bank and should be produced starting today.

Kyle_B
06-10-13, 02:14 PM
Thanks guys. I have calls into 3 local dealers. They all said they'd check on it and call me back. That was 3 hours ago...

bbradyc5
06-10-13, 02:25 PM
Well I can tell you that dealers have been able to place orders for a couple of weeks now. I ordered mine on 5/31 and have a GM order confirmation number. Actual production of 14's starts today so get your order placed whenever you're ready to

Kyle_B
06-10-13, 02:31 PM
Well I can tell you that dealers have been able to place orders for a couple of weeks now. I ordered mine on 5/31 and have a GM order confirmation number. Actual production of 14's starts today so get your order placed whenever you're ready to

Thanks for the reply. I am so irritated with my local dealer --they just don't seem to know anything! I have been dealing with them since they are closest to me, but they have been nothing but a roadblock so far. I may call dealer #4 here shortly...

1997BlackETC
06-10-13, 04:29 PM
Ya, you should call a different dealer. So many people in business these days who should not be. It's like that with everything, hard to get anything done under these conditions.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys. I have calls into 3 local dealers. They all said they'd check on it and call me back. That was 3 hours ago...

Hello Kyle_B,

I am sorry you seem to be having an issue with your local dealership. I am more than happy to discuss any questions and concerns with you. Please private message me so we can continue our interaction.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

Kyle_B
06-10-13, 09:22 PM
I called dealer #4 and he immediately told me that there will not be a CTS-V sedan in 2014. Not off to a good start. :-)

After a short conversation about things I'd read on the Internet, he said he'd check into it and call me back. To his credit, he called back right away with the good news.

I'm planning to put down my deposit and seal the deal in the morning. Wish me luck!

bbradyc5
06-10-13, 10:14 PM
I called dealer #4 and he immediately told me that there will not be a CTS-V sedan in 2014. Not off to a good start. :-)

After a short conversation about things I'd read on the Internet, he said he'd check into it and call me back. To his credit, he called back right away with the good news.

I'm planning to put down my deposit and seal the deal in the morning. Wish me luck!
Glad you found a dealer with at least half a clue

spearfish25
06-11-13, 10:13 AM
I finally bought a new 2013 off the lot because I didn't want the headache of trying to get ill informed dealers to place an order on a car they don't really care about selling. The misinformation is amazing. I doubt I'd have gotten the same price on a loaded Vagon if I ordered it.

thebigjimsho
06-11-13, 10:36 AM
Glad you found a dealer with at least half a clue

1/4 clue, maybe?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-13, 11:45 AM
I finally bought a new 2013 off the lot because I didn't want the headache of trying to get ill informed dealers to place an order on a car they don't really care about selling. The misinformation is amazing. I doubt I'd have gotten the same price on a loaded Vagon if I ordered it.

Hello spearfish25,

Congrats on your new 2013 CTS-V! I am sorry you were unable to get the information you wanted for the 2014. Enjoy your Cadillac V-Series and if there are ever any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Kyle_B
06-11-13, 03:01 PM
All went well this morning at the dealer. I feel they gave me a decent price, I gave them a $2K deposit, and they said the order will be submitted on Thursday. Why not today? I don't know. Hopefully, Thursday will be soon enough. I'll post another reply when we get something official back from Cadillac, like a build date. In case anyone is curious, here's what I ordered:

2014 CTS-V Sedan
Opulent Blue Metallic
Ebony/Ebony, Leather Seating Surfaces with Sueded fabric inserts
19" Satin Graphite wheels
Midnight Sapele Wood Trim Package
6-speed manual transmission
Brembo brake calipers, Red
RECARO performance seats
Sueded steering wheel and shift knob
Wheel locks (Dealer-installed)
Grille, Black chrome (Dealer-installed)

I am planning to tint the windows (20%), plasti-dip some of the chrome, change to Corsa Sport axle-back exhaust, and maybe drop it a bit with the D3 lowering springs.

Jinx
06-11-13, 04:16 PM
It might help to ask them to give you the TPW (target production week) as soon as it's assigned.
It didn't help me, but it might help you.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-13, 05:17 PM
All went well this morning at the dealer. I feel they gave me a decent price, I gave them a $2K deposit, and they said the order will be submitted on Thursday. Why not today? I don't know. Hopefully, Thursday will be soon enough. I'll post another reply when we get something official back from Cadillac, like a build date. In case anyone is curious, here's what I ordered:

2014 CTS-V Sedan
Opulent Blue Metallic
RECARO performance seats

I am planning to tint the windows (20%), plasti-dip some of the chrome, change to Corsa Sport axle-back exhaust, and maybe drop it a bit with the D3 lowering springs.

Hello Kyle_B,

I am happy to hear everything went well for you at the dealer. Seems like you ordered an awesome looking CTS-V!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Mr. Hyde
06-11-13, 05:27 PM
I just bought my brand new 2012 loaded CTS-V Coupe with Recaros for $59K off the lot.

bbradyc5
06-11-13, 05:28 PM
Well let's hope the build timing on your order is a little better then what GM customer service is telling me for my wagon order....they said wagon production doesn't even start until end if September!

Trapspeed
06-11-13, 06:53 PM
That's gonna be one pretty beeeyaatch. :thumbsup:

Kyle_B
06-12-13, 12:07 AM
I just bought my brand new 2012 loaded CTS-V Coupe with Recaros for $59K off the lot.

That seems like a great price, congrats on the new ride. I would have done the same if I could have found one configured exactly as I wanted. Dealers don't seem to order many with manual & no sunroof.

GM-4-LIFE
06-12-13, 03:36 AM
Kyle,

GM picks up orders on certain days. They don't pick up or accept dealer orders right away. Your dealer will give you an order number once GM accepts the dealer's order and that's what will allow you to track your order from start to finish. Until GM accepts the order, there is nothing the dealer will be able to give you.

When your dealer gives you your order number, post it or PM it to me and I can track it via GM Global and through the DBC (dealer business center) and let you know where your car is in the build process. i can give you the event status and tell you what it means. I would be more than happy to do it for anyone else on the forum wondering where their cars are in the build process. I can get you the TPW (target production week) for your car once GM assigns it the specific build week.

Kyle_B
06-12-13, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the info and offering to track my order, GM-4-LIFE! I'll let you know when I get the number.

GM-4-LIFE
06-12-13, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info and offering to track my order, GM-4-LIFE! I'll let you know when I get the number.

You are very welcome! It's a very exciting and fun process from build to delivery!

GMX322V S/C
06-12-13, 03:17 PM

2014 CTS-V Sedan
Opulent Blue Metallic
RECARO performance seats

She's gonna be a beauty--please post lots of pics when she arrives! Congrats and welcome to the family!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-12-13, 10:27 PM
Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase Mr. Hyde!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Kyle_B
06-13-13, 11:21 PM
Spoke with the dealer today. He confirmed the order was submitted.

GM-4-LIFE: I PM'd the order "number" to you.

GM-4-LIFE
06-13-13, 11:33 PM
Kyle,

Got your PM with order number and I sent you your order info.

Now the wait begins!!

neuronbob
06-14-13, 12:11 AM
Another OBM V. I absolutely cannot get enough of that color. I have literally spent hours just going back and forth to the garage just to gawk at my own car....and I've owned it exactly 6 months today.

Jinx
06-14-13, 03:21 AM
The car's styling might have something to do with it too :)

Kyle_B
06-14-13, 04:56 AM
Another OBM V. I absolutely cannot get enough of that color. I have literally spent hours just going back and forth to the garage just to gawk at my own car....and I've owned it exactly 6 months today.

I've had my red sedan over 4 years now and I still admire it often! I spent quite a bit of time perusing the "delivered pics" section before finally deciding on OBM for the new sedan. Initially, I thought I wanted TG, but I kept lingering on photos of the blue cars.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-14-13, 01:01 PM
Spoke with the dealer today. He confirmed the order was submitted.

GM-4-LIFE: I PM'd the order "number" to you.

Hi Kyle_B,

That is awesome news to hear! I bet you can't wait to have the vehicle in your hands and to be driving around :) If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

GM-4-LIFE
06-14-13, 04:06 PM
I am crazy excited for Kyle!! Isn't life great?!!

neuronbob
06-14-13, 05:14 PM
Having gone through the ordering process, I am crazy excited for Kyle, too. :thumbsup: When you order, the number "3800" becomes your mantra.....repeat after me....3800.....3800....3800.... :)

thebigjimsho
06-14-13, 08:37 PM
V6??

miroad
06-16-13, 02:20 AM
I ordered a 2014 CTS-V Wagon today.
Obsession Red Tintoat
Recaro
Polished wheels
Yellow calipers
Ebony interior
Sunroof
Midnight Sapelle wood trim

I have a Crystal Red 2010 CTS Sport Wagon and like it perhaps more than any car I've ever owned (and have owned about 30). I've wanted a V wagon (only 1200 sold in 4 model years) ever since they came out for 2011. To me it's the best of all worlds - performance and utility combined. Don't know if it's true but the sales manager of Moore Cadillac in Chantilly VA says that Cadillac will only make 750 V's - in all trims and that they will produce the cars early in the model year and then cease CTS-V production. Anybody else hear that?

GM-4-LIFE
06-16-13, 03:47 AM
Congrats!

Let me give you a good word of advice...don't believe ANYONE that works at a dealership. They seem to make stuff up as they go along and twist around rumors in their best interest. Trust me when I tell you that. ONLY BELIEVE DATA THAT GM PUBLISHES!!!

neuronbob
06-16-13, 09:55 AM
^^^^
I have heard that independently from two other dealers as well, from two different parts of the country. While I generally follow the axiom "dealers know nothing", someone is feeing this information to them. Who knows what GM will actually do. I can't see them turning down orders, personally, until they decide to shut down production. After all, at this point in the model cycle, every V they sell is pure profit.

StoneCrab
06-16-13, 11:31 AM
^^^^
I have heard that independently from two other dealers as well, from two different parts of the country. While I generally follow the axiom "dealers know nothing", someone is feeing this information to them. Who knows what GM will actually do. I can't see them turning down orders, personally, until they decide to shut down production. After all, at this point in the model cycle, every V they sell is pure profit.

I would sure like to know if true, as I am considering a V order but later in the year. Can GM customer service help confirm production timelines for us? It does seem odd that this info seems to keep popping up. If it is on the interwebs it must be true though (haha)!

The only reasons I can think they would want to limit V2 production would be to reduce overlap with the new 2014 CTS Vsport (reduce confusion), and maybe if there is some impact to CAFE/emissions related to the new CTS.

Jinx
06-16-13, 11:37 AM
Cadillac dealers all come together for product launches and new model info. It's not hard to imagine rumors flying and getting distorted through those meetings. So I wouldn't put much more faith in a rumor just because it came from two dealers instead of one.

StoneCrab
06-17-13, 09:44 PM
Cadillac dealers all come together for product launches and new model info. It's not hard to imagine rumors flying and getting distorted through those meetings. So I wouldn't put much more faith in a rumor just because it came from two dealers instead of one.

I bet that's right. I can hear a GM rep saying they expect to produce 750 CTS-Vs for 2014, which might be a fairly accurate estimate, and that is taken as a hard limit when it isn't.

Rich_J
07-10-13, 03:01 PM
I'm thinking about ordering a '14 V wagon and am wondering what sort of pricing I can expect to negotiate. I'm in the DC area. Is invoice or below realistic?

Thanks!
Rich

miroad
07-10-13, 05:03 PM
Rich,
I tried to answer your private message but the forum says that your quota of private messages is up. You can email me direct at miroad at aol dot com.
Dave

elphil
07-10-13, 06:23 PM
I ordered a 2014 CTS-V Wagon today.
Obsession Red Tintoat
Recaro
Polished wheels
Yellow calipers
Ebony interior
Sunroof
Midnight Sapelle wood trim

I have a Crystal Red 2010 CTS Sport Wagon and like it perhaps more than any car I've ever owned (and have owned about 30). I've wanted a V wagon (only 1200 sold in 4 model years) ever since they came out for 2011. To me it's the best of all worlds - performance and utility combined. Don't know if it's true but the sales manager of Moore Cadillac in Chantilly VA says that Cadillac will only make 750 V's - in all trims and that they will produce the cars early in the model year and then cease CTS-V production. Anybody else hear that?

I had a Crystal Red 2010 CTS Sport Wagon for about 18 months before ordering my 2011 V-Wagon. You are going to really enjoy the step up to the V-Wagon!

legacy11
07-12-13, 12:26 PM
So, '15 will most likely be the first year of the new body style V, correct? I'm getting a little confused by the "V-Line" trim. There will still be a new V (with more that 420hp) coming, right?

Any guesses on what pricing will be like? I'm really liking the looks of the new body style...

Jinx
07-12-13, 02:19 PM
There will still be a CTS-V. Several GM folks have implied or even said so when asked. However, there have been no announcements. Nothing is known for sure about technical content or availability date. It's a good guess that it will have a supercharged variant of the LT1. Some have said turbocharged, but there was a leaked CAD of a C7 Corvette engine bay with an obviously-supercharged engine back in December, so that's the horse I'm backing.

I wouldn't count on it being a MY2015 car, though. Had the ATS-V arrived on the expected "one year later" schedule, we would have seen it six months ago. I doubt we'll see that car until November at best, with production not for months after that. With the CTS Vsport not arriving in showrooms until December or January IIRC, and suggestions of CTS-V 2.0 production through next June, I'd bet on the CTS-V being a MY2016 car, or at least a very late/short MY2015. This, because downsized GM can only handle so many launches at a time (and there's both a ZR1ish Corvette and an all-new Camaro also in the pipe), and Cadillac probably wants both the CTS Vsport and the ATS-V to get their time in the media spotlight.

But anybody who knows isn't talking, so make your own best guess.

.Jinx

mik2718
07-12-13, 05:37 PM
I'm looking forward to the opportunity to buy a V3 -- actually, I hope they become available sooner rather than later -- but, you know, driving a V2 in the meantime does not suck.

Kyle_B
09-05-13, 10:53 PM
I got my new car and I love it! It's just like my 2009, only better --now I have a backup camera. The Recaro's are a bit firmer than I recall, but I'm sure I'll get them broken in soon enough. I posted a few photos in the delivered sectionin case you'd like to take a look.

I highly recommend Tropical Cadillac to anyone in West Central Florida. I paid invoice - a GM incentive (another luxury car leased in the household) and I think they gave me a fair price for my trade.

----------

Here's a shot of my youngest son & I picking her up:

http://kyle-bailey.com/cts-v dealer.jpg

Trapspeed
09-05-13, 11:23 PM
Sweet combo and a great looking ride. Love OBM!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-05-13, 11:57 PM
Hello Kyle_B,

The car looks great! Great choice on the color as well! Please feel free to reach out to myself or Laura if you have any questions or concerns in regards to your new vehicle. I hope you enjoy your new Cadillac! Thank you very much for taking the time to post.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

neuronbob
09-07-13, 07:34 AM
That's my combo except that I have a wagon and yellow calipers. Congrats after your long wait and enjoy in good health!

VMoose
09-07-13, 08:55 AM
Love your selection of options. I was going that route on exterior color until I took a chance on ordering sight unseen Stealth Blue. You chose very well, as that blue just grabs your eye!

Kyle_B
09-07-13, 09:03 AM
Love your selection of options. I was going that route on exterior color until I took a chance on ordering sight unseen Stealth Blue. You chose very well, as that blue just grabs your eye!

Thanks! The Stealth Blue really appealed to me, too. I actually tried to order a 2013 in SB last Spring, but I missed the model year cutoff.

Car dude V
09-09-13, 12:52 AM
I got my new car and I love it! It's just like my 2009, only better --now I have a backup camera. The Recaro's are a bit firmer than I recall, but I'm sure I'll get them broken in soon enough. I posted a few photos in the delivered sectionin case you'd like to take a look.

I highly recommend Tropical Cadillac to anyone in West Central Florida. I paid invoice - a GM incentive (another luxury car leased in the household) and I think they gave me a fair price for my trade.

----------

Here's a shot of my youngest son & I picking her up:

http://kyle-bailey.com/cts-v dealer.jpg

Very nice. Congrats.