: T/C light is on 2004 srx

david1963
06-09-13, 04:29 PM
after driving the car for a few miles the tc light will come on and some times when I need to come to a stop or let up on the gas to slow down the engine will die . when I restart it, it will be fine for 5 or 50 miles If cruse control is on at the time it will also stop working. Dealer can not find what is wrong I need to fix it or sell it is not safe for my wife to drive

glake89
06-09-13, 05:34 PM
You have DTCs (codes). Get them read (free at most parts stores) and tell us what they are (we need the #s, [ex. B0244]. Then we can get you on your way; and :welcome: to the forum.

david1963
06-09-13, 08:24 PM
dealer checked had po101 ,po430,p2135 dealer checked for vac leak checked maf sensor then said air cleaner was plugged and replaced it I drove the car 190 miles this weekend and it died 4 time when i was driving down the road after restarting it will run great until the light comes on.i will get the codes checked again in a few days

Sheepish
06-10-13, 07:59 AM
That sounds a lot like my issues. check your throttle body pigtail wiring.

glake89
06-10-13, 10:25 AM
P0430- left side converter not meeting expectations.
P0101- MAF not meeting expectations.
P2135- Throttle position sensors not in sync. This is what is causing engine shut down.

If you want to troubleshoot, please advise.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 02:32 PM
dealer checked had po101 ,po430,p2135 dealer checked for vac leak checked maf sensor then said air cleaner was plugged and replaced it I drove the car 190 miles this weekend and it died 4 time when i was driving down the road after restarting it will run great until the light comes on.i will get the codes checked again in a few days

Hello david1963,

I apologize for the vehicle malfunction you are experiencing. I see the dealer was able to check for codes. I am sorry your vehicle acted up multiple times after part replacements. Please let us know how things go in a few days. If you would like to further discuss anything or have questions, please private message me or Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service