: 07 escalade keeps stalling and wont restart. Please help!

sergio sammarco
06-09-13, 04:39 PM
I have a 07 escalade with 59k miles. This problem started about 2 weeks ago. The first time i was towing my boat and as i was pulling up to a stop light the truck stalled and when tring to start it back up it just would crank and not start. Had it towed to a chevy dealer and it started right up for them. no codes so they changed the fuel pump taking a chace that that was the problem.

A week later taking a road trip and stoped at a rest stop came back to the truck and it wouldnt start. all it would do is just crank. got it towed to a chevy dealer and it start right up for them. There tech was on the phone with gm and they told him to change the fuse cluster. They replace the fuse cluster and i was on my way. I drove for 20 minutes and was pulling off the high way and the truck stalled again and would not start back up again, had to get towed to back to that dealer and strated right up for them again.

I dont know if when the tow truck bouncing the truck around or when it cools off but i dont know what to do.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

shore
06-09-13, 09:59 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/237565-2007-escalade-esv-stalling-rough-idle.html

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 05:08 PM
I have a 07 escalade with 59k miles. This problem started about 2 weeks ago. The first time i was towing my boat and as i was pulling up to a stop light the truck stalled and when tring to start it back up it just would crank and not start. Had it towed to a chevy dealer and it started right up for them. no codes so they changed the fuel pump taking a chace that that was the problem.

A week later taking a road trip and stoped at a rest stop came back to the truck and it wouldnt start. all it would do is just crank. got it towed to a chevy dealer and it start right up for them. There tech was on the phone with gm and they told him to change the fuse cluster. They replace the fuse cluster and i was on my way. I drove for 20 minutes and was pulling off the high way and the truck stalled again and would not start back up again, had to get towed to back to that dealer and strated right up for them again.

I dont know if when the tow truck bouncing the truck around or when it cools off but i dont know what to do.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

Hello sergio sammarco,

I apologize for the stalling issue your Escalade is experiencing. I see that shore was able to provide a link to another thread with other forum members experiencing similar issues. If you would like to discuss your concern, please private message me with your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealership you have worked with. Due to being a new forum member, you may not be able to private message, so I can be contacted via Email at socialmedia@gm.com "ATTN LAURA".

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

ldyoung71
06-17-13, 12:56 AM
shore,

I am having very similar issues with my 07! Idled rough, then died while at a stop sign. Only happens after towing fire a whilewhile. you ever get it figured out??

RichieRich
06-17-13, 10:47 PM
Fuel pump? Could be as simple as your fuel pump is going.

fireftr170
06-18-13, 12:06 AM
I have an 08 Escalade that last Thursday did this exact thing. I brought it to a trusted mechanic and he found that it was a corroded wire in the harness. I just had run it thru a car wash that had an undercarriage washer and I think as well as he thinks that it jarred it lose. Jus got it back today but so far so good.