: Z3 M goes down..... has attitude

ctsvinman
01-30-05, 11:02 PM
for starters, I'm a big BMW fan and I sold my 740iL to pick up the V and I'm sure I'll own another BMW some day.

Ok... so now on to the story of the sore loser....http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm out running some errands (with a 4 week old baby girl at home, our first child by the way, her name is Sofia, it's harder to get out and just drive around on the weekend......I think I ...http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/crying2.gif ...more than she does becasue there's far less time to drive the V.

OK... back to the story... a Z3 M series pulls up next to me, it seemed to have aftermarket exhaust and since I live in the town of Mr DINAN himself (Morgan Hill, CA) there's not many BMW's, especially M series cars, that are not slightly modified. So we both take off normal, but I'm in http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/devil.gif mode with one eye watching him like an iguana... so he nails it and I nail it and his bumber is at the front of my passenger door. I bang 2nd and had pulled a little, we go through 2nd gear and I bang 3rd and was pulling on him but not as much as I had hoped. Once I bang into 4th I'm far enough ahead to be able to pull into his lane so he can get a nice view of my bumper, V Emblem and my homo CTSVMAN vanity plate http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/bouncy.gif

At this point I'm doing a http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/dance.gif and ready to go again. We both turn right but there's too much traffic, he goes by me on the right I'm ready to give him a http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif and a nice wave, but I look over and he's not looking at me, instead he sticks his hand out and gives the "So-So" shake, yes the "So-So" shake .... My first thought is http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/hmmm.gif .... then my next thought is .... http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/wtf.gif then I'm thinking you're gonna get your http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/Want-Some.gif kicked again..and again...and again by me..... but he didn't follow me to the next turn. I guess he went home to http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/hide.gif

CTSVMAN out.....

JOEYCTS-V
01-30-05, 11:18 PM
Great story. LOL It's guys like that who really piss me off. I hate sore losers! He felt so embarrassed he thought doing that would piss you off.

CVP33
01-30-05, 11:19 PM
Vinman,

The only thing better than a BMW kill is a pretentious, elitest, bastard weenie BMW kill. They come stock with 250 hp and think that an exhaust gets them in the running with a V. :D It was the same when I had my Z28. Every 5.0 Mustang wanted to race me. The best part was my Z was a sleeper. I had 4.11 gears, single outlet(bus sized 4" borla) exhaust, SLP dual cone CAI and the other usual bolt ons. All the Z28 badges were removed from the car. Surprised more than my share of GT's, Vette's and the like.

willsctsv
01-30-05, 11:19 PM
That's funny, I like all the animation I was cracking up reading it! Guy's a dueshbag!

Vrocks
01-30-05, 11:29 PM
Nice going CTSVINMAN,
The Z3M's are aggressive little fellas. Too bad he was a sore loser, it would have been perfect if your homo :D vanity plate said VbeatsZ.

Nice emoticon usage. :bonkers:

Rolex
01-30-05, 11:59 PM
It was the same when I had my Z28. Every 5.0 Mustang wanted to race me.

Nice kill Vinman! Yeah CVP I used to play around in my wife's GT rag top. I raced through the lights with a Z28 SS one night, and after I caught back up with him at the next redlight I gave him some of this...:worship: . We had a good laugh about it. He probably had 100 more bhp on that Mustang. The GT was good for racing other GTs and ricers though. :p

trukk
01-31-05, 12:02 AM
I love those M Coupes, there is just something about them. They kinda look like a refined Civic, that grew up, and then took a bunch of steroids. The M coupe was on my very short list of cars to buy to be honest, I just couldn;t pull the trigger on a used car.

In a erlated story: I was on my way home from the car dealership on Friday, droping off my leased Envoy. I had a buddy folow me up there. On the way back we had to pick his 2 year old up from day care. So here we are, on our wasy back to scenic Elkridge, when what should appear in front of us? A black M Coupe. I pulled up closer to have a better look (and to pint it out to my friend, who really isn't a car guy). The M move up a bit. Next think I know we are doing about 70, on a really windy road (river road, in Ellicott City for those MD boys who know), and I remember that i have a young kid in the back seat. So I had to slow down. Ohh well.

Is it just me, or does excess torque sometimes lower your IQ.

BTW, the first gen M coupes, had 240 HP. In 2001 though they upped it to 315. Don't sleep on the newer ones.

-Chris

DgtalPimp
01-31-05, 12:17 AM
Saturday night and I am pulling out of a local establishment and I end up (it was not me) next to a wrx sti. :devil:

He is revvinig like it is candy. I lower my passenger window (Hey AZ is cold, like 65 F now). “You wanna run them off”, he asks?

:devil: , “Sure" I say.

Lilght turns green, I mind the wheel hop and launch hard since I know the 20 something has nailed his four wheel drive sweet launch car hard. I bang second a little hard and scratch it, then third comes one and I scratch that also :coolgleam. I look over then to see where junior is. :wtf: He is like WAY far behind. (I got no maggie yet)

We get to the next light and he is pissing and moaning about “I was in neutral, I wasn’t ready…” :wtf: Light turns green, nail the it, seems simple to me. :drinker

So he says "Lets get a rolling start".

“Umm sure. You call it” (Ha are you kidding me, no wheel hop and all guts, sign me up).

One beep, two beep, three beep

Dgtal (that's me) nails the throttle (F’ing STI). I leave like this guy like he is glued to the ground. He pulls up after I back out and he is popping off his bypass. “You left early, come on man what’s up??? :drinker
"Dude, you hit three I left". What’s your story.:wtf:

So I did something I have never done. :angel:

I told him, “You are much faster than me. I must be cheating. Have a good night and please don’t hurt yourself”.

Fun night.

Killed (twice) silver STI in north Scottsdale, AZ on 01/29/05 :devil:

After that there was a worked Firebird that gave me a lot of room, but did run them off and got killed.

"fstbird" you are a real guy, you took you beating like a champ.

Cheers

beers
01-31-05, 12:50 AM
CTSVINMAN - great story! Definitely no shortage of BMW's here in the Bay Area, eh?

CTSV05
01-31-05, 09:44 AM
CTSVMAN

Kool!!!I was in N.C., and some pompass MB was ahead of me in the left lane, so I come up behind, he starts slowing down!!

I get beside him on his right 2 lanes over, I look over and he is glaring at me, I goose the V, he just looked at me, so I hit 5th and just made him a distant memory.

Somethin wrong with many German car guys!!??

Trukk,

No it does not lower your I.Q., IT TOTALY DISTORTS REALITY!!!!

Dgtal, who got killed you or the 'Bird?

homer403
01-31-05, 11:16 AM
God, I love this FORUM :littlewes Great stories!

DgtalPimp
01-31-05, 11:17 AM
Dgtal, who got killed you or the 'Bird?

I had roast bird for a late night snack.

ylwjacket
01-31-05, 12:27 PM
Saturday night and I am pulling out of a local establishment and I end up (it was not me) next to a wrx sti. :devil:

He is revvinig like it is candy. I lower my passenger window (Hey AZ is cold, like 65 F now). “You wanna run them off”, he asks?

Cheers

I had a similar run with a wrx sti. Afterwards, the guy told me he looked hard at the V, but decided on getting the wrx sti - liked the looks better, he said. Maybe should've gotten the V afterall, he said.:o He got a good launch, and his car seemed pretty quick, but once I mashed it, there wasn't much to it.

I am still amazed at how many people want to race me in this car. Every damn mustang gt out there, plus 1/2 the corvette's, and 2/3 of the trans ams.

Most of the time, I have my kids in the car, and there is no way it's happening. Sometimes though, they catch me alone. Funny thing is, my 12 year old daughter is always telling me - "dad, that guy wants race. Let's do it". But, as I said, NOT with the kids onboard.

sefa01
01-31-05, 12:58 PM
OK... back to the story... a Z3 M series pulls up next to me, it seemed to have aftermarket exhaust and since I live in the town of Mr DINAN himself (Morgan Hill, CA) there's not many BMW's, especially M series cars, that are not slightly modified.
CTSVMAN out.....

Too bad you got an M Roadster (that's what a Z3 M is called) owner with attitude. I bought one of the first ones out--in 1998--and still have it. It's not as quick as my V, but it doesn't have wheel hop, either. Mine has 240 HP (and no mods). Starting in 2000, I believe, they increased the HP to 315. Funny thing is that the V actually handles a lot better than the M Roadster. Actually, I've had several Beemers and the V handles better than any of them.

Harley Guy
01-31-05, 01:14 PM
Guys, these stories are great. Keep them coming. I have to live vicariously through this since the V is stored for the winter.:2thumbs: No regrets though on the decision to put it up for the winter. Every time I look at my Jeep all covered with the winter road slime I know I did the right thing.

darvish
01-31-05, 01:16 PM
What someone neds to sell are little flags of Germany and Japan to paste on the window to denote kills... after 5 you are an ace,

Bill
St Louis

DgtalPimp
01-31-05, 01:18 PM
What someone neds to sell are little flags of Germany and Japan to paste on the window to denote kills... after 5 you are an ace,

Bill
St Louis
:yeah:

ctsvinman
01-31-05, 01:27 PM
sefa,

lets say it's a 315hp version with little or no mods what are they pulling in the 1/4m?
We pretty much ran a 1/4 mile because I was in 4th for maybe 2 seconds until I moved in front of him.

I used to spend a lot of time on the M5 web page because I was going to get one until the V arrived to the market and I was convinced the V was good car. That was just the M5 forum, I never read or researched the other M cars.

CTSVMAN out....

Shinkaze
01-31-05, 04:45 PM
sefa,

lets say it's a 315hp version with little or no mods what are they pulling in the 1/4m?
We pretty much ran a 1/4 mile because I was in 4th for maybe 2 seconds until I moved in front of him.

I used to spend a lot of time on the M5 web page because I was going to get one until the V arrived to the market and I was convinced the V was good car. That was just the M5 forum, I never read or researched the other M cars.

CTSVMAN out....I've seen some people claim high 12's from the later S54-powered M-Roadster in stock trim, but I've never actually seen a slip. My thinking is it runs similar times to a e46 M3 since it's actually rather heavy for it's size.

Either way, great kill, I love rubing a *****s nose in his own pretention! :D

-Adam,

trukk
01-31-05, 05:17 PM
I've seen some people claim high 12's from the later S54-powered M-Roadster in stock trim, but I've never actually seen a slip. My thinking is it runs similar times to a e46 M3 since it's actually rather heavy for it's size.

Either way, great kill, I love rubing a *****s nose in his own pretention! :D

-Adam,

How about an M coupe, as opposed to the M raodster. Aren't those significantly lighter, due to no convertable?

-Chris

Shinkaze
02-02-05, 01:31 AM
How about an M coupe, as opposed to the M raodster. Aren't those significantly lighter, due to no convertable?

-ChrisDon't know, necer seen one run at the track. The 240HP versions are sginificantly more common than than the S54 333hp versions.

Koooop
02-02-05, 01:42 AM
I had the opportunity to waste a brand new M3 (still had the dealer plates) a couple of days ago. Typical BMW owner, he wouldn't even look at me and accept his beating like a man!

I did get to go head to head with a CL55 Kompressor to, I was watching the guy keep checking his mirror looking for me about 120 he looked to his right and there I was (Ok I wasn't quite right next to him but not back in his blind spot either). $130,000 MBZ just couldn't get away!

That felt good!