: Pilot Super Sport autox PSI?

Andringa
06-09-13, 01:50 AM
Got my PSS's mounted last week and tomorrow is my first autox with them.

Anyone have any suggestions for cold or hot PSI that you've ran them at?

Stock power/stock suspension. 66F and rainy tomorrow.

I'm thinking 38psi cold in the morning and see where they go from there.

mstrjon32
06-09-13, 03:15 AM
I don't know about the best pressure, but I put PSS's on my other car, and they were super greasy for the first few hundred miles. If you just put them on last week you'll probably want to get some miles on before you expect really good grip.

Andringa
06-09-13, 03:19 AM
Hadn't crossed my mind. I've heard that about tires before.

brngrhd
06-09-13, 03:24 PM
If you live in madison you must be going to the event up at 151? If my wife wasn't on call I'd be up there too. :) good luck

I got nothing on those tires LOL the first miles are a little greasy on any tire but I have not had it go more then the first couple drives. Do a few cool over leaf pulls by the interstate and a few hard left handers to scrub them in and you should be fine.

Andringa
06-10-13, 08:54 AM
Not Madison. We had an event up in Eau Clarie.

Tires worked well at 35psi on my first run in the semi dry (40.7secs). Then it started raining again and I couldn't beat that time. Ended up doing a 41.025secs in the rain which I was pretty happy with. (Launched in 2nd, ran in 3rd)

Did the last run at 30psi in the rain and they felt like they had a bit more wet grip. Probably should have been running them lower.

barrok69
06-10-13, 08:03 PM
I run mine at 30-32psi cold pressure daily driving. The last time I tracked it they were at 31psi cold and warmed up to 35-36psi on the gauge cluster. My tire wear was in line with the sidewall tread indicators (mini michelin man). Right where it should be. If you are going past the sidewall tread indicators then you should fill them up 1psi at a time until you hit the sweet spot.

Junior1
06-10-13, 08:41 PM
Pretty sure I had mine @ 35 to start cold, but that was on a road course (NJMP-Thunderbolt).
They were wearing well based on the little Michelin Man on the sidewall. Up to temp I want to say they were hitting 42 after the session as I remember the TPMS chime coming on...