: 1.89 Mb Limit on Photos?!

quaver
06-08-13, 11:44 PM
So I spend almost three hours writing up a description for how to replace the drive shaft center bearing on an 06 CTS (which there is ZERO info on the forum about) only to find that I cannot update the photos I spent an hour annotating! Is it true that each user only has a 1.89 Mb file size limit for photo uploads? Hoping this is a glitch and perhaps my settings are wrong. Basically one technical write up and you are done if this is the case.

talismandave
06-09-13, 12:59 AM
Use a photo hosting site like Photobucket or others to post and the sky is the limit.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/community-lounge-introductions-general-discussion/259055-posting-pictures-easy-way.html

Submariner409
06-09-13, 07:58 AM
Large file sizes take up necessary server space - if you consider the sheer number of pictures and graphics uploaded to this (relatively small, limited community) site every day. As talismandave advised, use an external photo service or edit each picture to a pixel size of less than 800 X 799.

You'll also find that your total allowed attachment storage is 20 mb - regardless of subscriber level, so you'll need to reduce the size of any upload if you intend to remain in the ongoing advice business.

We're all in the same boat on this one ............

quaver
06-12-13, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Good suggestions. If all members have 20 mb then I should not have the issue I have having. I have edited my photos and reduced their size to less than 100kb each. I suppose I need to review my account settings for total image use. Pretty sure it was reporting less than 2 mb. Hope to get my write up posted tonight.