: Revshift diff bushing installed. You won't believe what it replaced.

Motown Cad
06-08-13, 10:03 PM
Finally had a chance to replace diff bushing. Replaced with revshift blue. Very straight forward (after Fuzzy's help/thx).

It was a bit tight as I did not remove exhaust or axles. I just undid two rear bolts and bushing bolt then lowered exhaust, differential and driveshaft (connected) and it worked out. Although it did take me about 5 hours. I got interested when I started pushing split old bushing out (odd) what followed was unbelievable. I bought this car two weeks after GM auctioned it off from an initial 4 year lease. This car was serviced at dealerships. I give to you dealership workmanship.

pay close attention to sleeve

socket

this roll of tape was between two rubber pieces.

I wouldn't have believed this had I not experienced this myself.

Oh and Massive clunk, ker plunks and all noise from rear end is GONE!!!! Thank you Revshift.... I'm slamming gears and downshifting again.

I also lost about 75% of drive line vibes during deceleration. Great day! tommorow, rear shocks and diff lube swap out.

darkman
06-08-13, 10:46 PM
So the socket was the center piece?

FuzzyLogic
06-08-13, 10:56 PM
Lawsuit.

BigDaddy-V
06-08-13, 11:55 PM
Hehehe man that is awful! Can't stop shaking my head!

BDV

Motown Cad
06-09-13, 12:04 AM
So the socket was the center piece?

That is correct. I couldn't believe it. I'm just amazed i didn't break anything more.

darkman
06-09-13, 10:12 AM
That is correct. I couldn't believe it. I'm just amazed i didn't break anything more.

A bushing with a tool-steel center is a good thing, but the duct tape and old rubber - not so much.

barrok69
06-10-13, 05:16 PM
Free deep socket ! YESSSSSS !!!

You've got to give them some points for being creative I guess. lol

Motown Cad
06-10-13, 05:48 PM
Yeah now that I've had some time to think about it, it was kind of funny/crafty/creative. Whoever was in there at least made an attempt. But a quiet and stable rear end makes one content. What a difference.

ccomar
06-10-13, 09:59 PM
"quiet and stable rear end makes one content" Yes I have always said that.............hahah!

BigDaddy-V
06-10-13, 10:48 PM
"quiet and stable rear end makes one content" Yes I have always said that.............hahah!

I do have to say that is a funny comment right there!

V for victory
06-12-13, 02:59 AM
Yo Motown, your just getting to installing those FG2's too. How long has it been since you picked them up ? Haha

That Diff bushing is just crazy ! OMG

Motown Cad
06-12-13, 03:20 AM
Well.. I did have to let them sit in my room for the "customary" month so I could salivate over them. I did the front three weeks ago then had some travel. Finally got the rear done past weekend. Big difference! Thank you! Suspension rebuild almost complete, more Revshift bushings and swaybars and that should do it. Car is starting to ride like new.