: Drilled Pedals Installed!

Sandyfoot-V
01-30-05, 05:30 PM
Just finished installing the racing pedals from Ultimate Pedals. Murphy's Law: install took longer than anticipated. Broke 2 drill bits, stripped one screw. End result looks good though. Probably should have had "V" logo engraved on driver's footrest.

I hope photo loaded OK. Overall, very satisfied! :coolgleam

01-30-05, 05:46 PM
very sharp. looks like a nice install job, drill bits and all...

How much is your rwhp increase? My GMPD emblem gave me at least 10, so that's gotta be good for at least 30 or so......

CTSV05
01-30-05, 07:06 PM
30???????

Are you insane? More like 52!!!

Looks nice, are the alum. or SS?

Sandyfoot-V
01-30-05, 09:27 PM
No notable RWHP increase, but the aluminum pedals allow for a quick clutch dump that produces a horrendous wheel hop reminiscent of my college days at the midnight Laundromat sitting on an unbalanced washer during the spin cycle-- except that cost me 75 cents, and today’s hemorrhoid-jogger cost me $50,000.

CVP33
01-30-05, 09:32 PM
I knew I should've ordered the foot rest! Thanks for posting the pictures. Mine arrive tomorrow. Any chance you could post a close up of the gas pedal. Just curious as to how good the engraving was.

Redline
01-30-05, 11:23 PM
I'm jealous -- didn't get to install mine this weekend. Hopefully first part of this week I'll be head-down under the steering wheel. Any bits of advice after the install besides having extra drill bits?

trukk
01-31-05, 12:05 AM
I'm jealous -- didn't get to install mine this weekend. Hopefully first part of this week I'll be head-down under the steering wheel. Any bits of advice after the install besides having extra drill bits?

Hehe, according to UPS, mine are still somewhere in Kansas :(

-Chris

CVP33
01-31-05, 12:09 AM
I went ahead and ordered the foot rest just now. I wish I'd done it from the beginning. Double damn. :banghead:

BUILDINGCTSAMG
01-31-05, 12:23 PM
CVP33 if you dont mind waiting quite a while you can jump in on our next gb

CVP33
01-31-05, 08:24 PM
CVP33 if you dont mind waiting quite a while you can jump in on our next gb

Can't wait. I should, but I just can't. The rest arrived today. Time to go break some drill bits.

Sandyfoot-V
01-31-05, 08:48 PM
CVP33

Nice looking “V” emblems. Be careful when installing though, as you will find the logos now occupy screw holes that you may need for a secure mount (the aluminum pedals are slightly larger than the stock pedals). The instructions are fairly good but I would recommend using drill bits 1/16th smaller than their measurements. It is difficult to create a pilot hole-- which I tried to do with smaller bits-- and you will find larger bits “travel” across the hard metal brake and clutch pedals. The parking brake is a conundrum; unknown backing. Driver footrest is secured only to the carpet and underlying foam.

Good luck!

Steve

CVP33
01-31-05, 10:49 PM
Got 'em done. The parking brake was the only issue. It is some unknown plastic-like material. Too thick to use the supplied hardware with nuts and I hogged it out too much for the sheet metal screws to work. I will visit the hardware store this week and correct. Overall very happy. Wish I'd ordered the footrest before. :banghead:

thebigjimsho
02-01-05, 12:08 PM
I had a set of MOMO Corsa pedals in my SHO which, in fact, had an e-brake pedal. I personally think an aluminum e-brake pedal looks extremely tacky. I would have the 3 pedals w/ footrest and that's it.

trukk
02-01-05, 01:40 PM
I had a set of MOMO Corsa pedals in my SHO which, in fact, had an e-brake pedal. I personally think an aluminum e-brake pedal looks extremely tacky. I would have the 3 pedals w/ footrest and that's it.

I ordered the e-brake pedal. I figure it wil make it easier to quickly push the pedal in when I want to quickly bring the ass end around when I'm cruising the middle school impressing the chicks. Now I just need to get better at reaching down and releasing the break, during these ultra cool manuevers (rather than poping the hood.) [That floor brake IS your grandfathers cadillac :( ]

On a serious note, I'm not sure if I'm going to install the e-brake or not. I think I wait till last on that one, and then see if it's needed.

-Chris

thebigjimsho
02-01-05, 02:29 PM
Someone should install the pedals and before doing the e-brake, take a pic and post it here.

pinnacle71
02-01-05, 07:27 PM
How are the pedals while driving? Is there enough grip, even when wet?

Anyone get the extended gas pedal for heel & toe? Can you post a picture of it installed?

Thanks,
-Greg

CVP33
02-01-05, 09:15 PM
The grip is noticeable. I wear dress shoes mostly and these pedals 'grab' nicely. As far as the E brake. It just didn't look right to me to have that one in black while the others were all shiny and engraved. To each his own. Foot rest is a must though. Sandy's looks great!

thebigjimsho
02-02-05, 07:24 PM
When you look at every other performance car, there is a hand brake. So it's always 3 aluminum pedals and an aluminum dead pedal. That's it. To have an aluminum e-brake pedal looks overwrought, to me, and AutoZone boyracerish.

Again, JMHO. Or maybe not-so-humble. I've got to work on that.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
02-02-05, 07:47 PM
I understand your concern, but i kinda see the pedal as showing that you have made a custom set...something much nicer than what you can find at autozone...

CVP33
02-02-05, 08:25 PM
When you look at every other performance car, there is a hand brake. So it's always 3 aluminum pedals and an aluminum dead pedal. That's it. To have an aluminum e-brake pedal looks overwrought, to me, and AutoZone boyracerish.

Again, JMHO. Or maybe not-so-humble. I've got to work on that.

BigJim,

Boyracerish? Boyracerish? Try as I might, I just can't get offended by that. :lildevil:

Boyracer mod's to date:

Embroidered Floor Mats (trunk mat too - ultimate loser)
LS6 badge - CTS removed
V License Plate Frame
BAD CADI personalized plate (as gay or gay-er than VinMan)
GM Performance Division Badge (behind shifter)

This is my favorite though. I printed an envelope with the V Logo and "oil change receipts" below it. I'm such a loser. :banghead:

D148L0
02-02-05, 08:27 PM
Nice pedals, guys.

02-03-05, 11:18 AM
I printed an envelope with the V Logo and "oil change receipts" below it. I'm such a loser. :banghead:

I am dissappointed in you, Chris. I expected you to use a metal GMPD or LS6 emblem to label the envelope......

Doug

trukk
02-03-05, 11:21 AM
This is my favorite though. I printed an envelope with the V Logo and "oil change receipts" below it. I'm such a loser. :banghead:

Haha, when you go to sell this car in 30 years, that little (or big by that point) envelope will add about 30K to the auction value ;)

I love watching the Barrett Jackson Auctions on Speed Channel.

-Chris

steve711
02-03-05, 08:17 PM
Great pics guys.
A couple of Qs, is there a link(s) that could be provided?.
(even though the aluminum looks good) My second Q is, Are there any Black Powder coated drilled pedals available?.

steve711
02-04-05, 10:51 AM
Anyone? :yeah:

darvish
02-06-05, 02:06 PM
I just installed my pedals..... took about 10 minutes... i got the heel/toe extension gas pedal...... HOLY JUMPIN JEHOSEPHAT....it is the most INCREDIBLE pedal placemant i have ever seen in a street car..... double clutch downshifts are SOOOOOO smmoth.. heck i wish my race car had pedal placement as nice.... with full pressure trail braking the brake pedal is exactly at the right height to blip the throttle. and the right foot rest is something caddy SHOULD ahve installed keeps me from the nasty habit of resting my foot on the clutch pedal.

Bill
St Louis

wildwhl
02-06-05, 03:00 PM
Ditto Bill's post above.

I just finished as well - took about 20 mintues and also have the heel/toe extension on the gas pedal. Perfect pedal placement for me. And the dead pedal, well, yeah, it works too :)

rodster111
02-10-05, 09:28 AM
How are those of you with the dead pedal fastening it to the floor?

Are you just driving screws through the pedal into the floorboard, or are you running bolts through holes drilled completely through the floor with nuts on the other side?

Thanks in advance.