: Vibration sitting still.

KMKuendel
06-08-13, 07:36 PM
I recently purchased an 07 SRX V6 RWD 130,XXXmi. and it has just started to vibrate. It feels as if it may be due to worn engine/trans mounts, when the vehicle is in Drive at a complete stop the vehicle when vibrate enough to see it in the mirrors & feel it in the seats. When the A/C is off it is not nearly as severe or when it is in park with or without air on. Also, I noticed that after it warms up it seems to be calm.

I am assuming that since it is only present when it is in drive and sitting still, that the load on the engine or trans is what is causing the vibration and once it is moving it is not noticeable because the energy can be expelled through the drive line.

The dealer has agreed to take a look at it next week I just want to make sure I know as much as i can.

Is this a common problem? Is there a known fix? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

-Ken

repnatl
06-08-13, 08:59 PM
There are several threads about bad mounts on here. Left foot on brake put in drive press gas several times with right foot WHILE still on the brake (e brake and or wheel blocks to be safe) have someone else check to see how much movement are on the mounts.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-08-13, 09:42 PM
I recently purchased an 07 SRX V6 RWD 130,XXXmi. and it has just started to vibrate. It feels as if it may be due to worn engine/trans mounts, when the vehicle is in Drive at a complete stop the vehicle when vibrate enough to see it in the mirrors & feel it in the seats. When the A/C is off it is not nearly as severe or when it is in park with or without air on. Also, I noticed that after it warms up it seems to be calm.

I am assuming that since it is only present when it is in drive and sitting still, that the load on the engine or trans is what is causing the vibration and once it is moving it is not noticeable because the energy can be expelled through the drive line.

The dealer has agreed to take a look at it next week I just want to make sure I know as much as i can.

Is this a common problem? Is there a known fix? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

-Ken
Hello KMKuendel,

I apologize that you are experiencing a vibration in your SRX. I hope that the dealership is able to determine where it is coming from. Please keep us updated after the trip to the dealership! Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

KMKuendel
06-08-13, 09:43 PM
Thank you

DougC..
06-13-13, 12:09 AM
I would look at misfires too. bad coil pack maybe.