: V Sport News

rand49er
06-08-13, 08:34 AM
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/06/sources-cadillac-ats-v-sport-in-the-works/

R (http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/06/sources-cadillac-ats-v-sport-in-the-works/)ather than the LF3 potentially being put in the V Sport (and the ATS-V having a V8, possibly the LT1), here's another article that suggests the ATS-V will indeed have the LF3 while the V-Sport version will have an NA 3.6.

The V Sport is thought to debut as a 2016 model, while the ATS-V is anticipated to precede it as a 2015 model, not 2014 as hoped for. Maybe this'll give GM time to squeeze more hp out of the LF3 by then.

JFJr
06-08-13, 10:08 AM

R (http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/06/sources-cadillac-ats-v-sport-in-the-works/)ather than the LF3 potentially being put in the V Sport (and the ATS-V having a V8, possibly the LT1), here's another article that suggests the ATS-V will indeed have the LF3 while the V-Sport version will have an NA 3.6.

The V Sport is thought to debut as a 2016 model, while the ATS-V is anticipated to precede it as a 2015 model, not 2014 as hoped for. Maybe this'll give GM time to squeeze more hp out of the LF3 by then.

Ugh! Well anyone can speculate. That Chevy SS will look mighty good if it gets more power and a manual transmission, if the author of that article is prescient.

Maybe Cadillac will pipe V8 noise in the cockpit, ala the M5, in an attempt to satisfy both camps. Ha haaaaa!

Jud :lildevil:

Jinx
06-08-13, 05:11 PM
Seems to me the ATS 3.6 Premium is already close to the Vsport aesthetic. Maybe the ATS Vsport is as simple as sportier trimmings and some tweaks to the software. Maybe give it a throatier exhaust (and find a few ponies in the process), maybe offer a manual transmission so that clutch-pedal-lovers don't have to settle for the less-powerful 2.0T.

But what I think would make for a really cool Vsport is a higher-strung four cylinder turbo. It's not much of a stretch to think GM could get 320hp and 350lbft -- not a huge leap but a healthy bump over the 2.0T and 3.6 that would give an ATS Vsport a distinct sporting identity.

.Jinx

bruff1977
06-08-13, 05:11 PM
That was my thought about an upcoming ATS Vsport... A massaged V6 that's already available. Maybe even a sport exhaust. A few interior upgrades. They should introduce this trim next year with the eight-speed auto. Nothing wrong with MORE Cadillac offerings in 2014.

But I'm still on the LT1 ATS-V bandwagon.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 03:58 PM

Hi rand49er,

Neat article, and thanks for sharing! I understand the anticipation V lovers must have waiting for newer models to come out. I enjoy reading the posts and seeing interactions with everyone. If there are any questions you have, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

M5eater
06-11-13, 08:14 AM
Ugh! Well anyone can speculate. That Chevy SS will look mighty good if it gets more power and a manual transmission, if the author of that article is prescient.

Maybe Cadillac will pipe V8 noise in the cockpit, ala the M5, in an attempt to satisfy both camps. Ha haaaaa!

Jud :lildevil:

If the SS becomes a reincarnated G8 GXP+(it sort of already is I suppose) and becomes avaliable with a 6MT, I think I may have to agree, even if it costs $50K. The styling(inside and out) in that car is pretty fantastic imo. What I would be curious about is what engine they would give it. They've already shoved an LS3 in there, so a sport exhaust wouldn't be much of an argument for a 'high performance' model.

So that leaves an LS7 or an LSA.

rand49er
06-11-13, 12:56 PM
... If there are any questions you have, don't hesitate to reach out to us! ...Okay, Laura. Drive over to Warren, walk into the Tech Center, and ask someone "in the know" what's gonna power the ATS-V, then get back with us. We're having fun speculating, but enough already.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-13, 02:22 PM
Okay, Laura. Drive over to Warren, walk into the Tech Center, and ask someone "in the know" what's gonna power the ATS-V, then get back with us. We're having fun speculating, but enough already.

Hi rand49er,

As much as I would love to assist you with this and get answers for my curiosity as well, I am unable to. It is our policy not to comment on future vehicles, so whoever would inform me of future models, would definitely get in trouble for releasing any information to me.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

M5eater
06-11-13, 02:37 PM
Hi rand49er,

As much as I would love to assist you with this and get answers for my curiosity as well, I am unable to. It is our policy not to comment on future vehicles, so whoever would inform me of future models, would definitely get in trouble for releasing any information to me.

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Lol, I like you Laura, you're honest :D

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-13, 04:28 PM
Lol, I like you Laura, you're honest :D

Thanks for that M5eater :) I do my best to assist on these forums, any way I can!

Laura M.

JFJr
06-11-13, 06:55 PM
If the SS becomes a reincarnated G8 GXP+(it sort of already is I suppose) and becomes avaliable with a 6MT, I think I may have to agree, even if it costs $50K. The styling(inside and out) in that car is pretty fantastic imo. What I would be curious about is what engine they would give it. They've already shoved an LS3 in there, so a sport exhaust wouldn't be much of an argument for a 'high performance' model.

So that leaves an LS7 or an LSA.

The styling of the SS looks very, very generic, And I like the ATS's looks much better, but substance trumps that and without a V8 for the ATS-V, I can forget about generic, bland styling for a while.

Jud

HansK
06-12-13, 01:11 PM
The styling of the SS looks very, very generic, And I like the ATS's looks much better, but substance trumps that and without a V8 for the ATS-V, I can forget about generic, bland styling for a while.

Jud

I like the straight head on and from the rear views of the SS but it looks like every other sedan on the market from the side. Looks aren't everything, but I still enjoy the fact that I walk up to my car and really enjoy the way it looks.