: Warranty service feedback for Coulter Tempe

frankn01
06-08-13, 03:40 AM
Hello, I also plan on sending this letter in officially to Customer Assistance, but snail mail is quite slow so thought I would also post here in case you're able to assist more expediently. Thanks!

-----

Cadillac Customer Assistance Center
P. O. Box 33169
Detroit, MI 48232-5169

Re: Coulter Motor Tempe, Service Invoice 459393, Tag T4742

My wife brought her 2010 Cadillac CTS VIN# 1G6DS5EV8A0138919 into Coulter Motor Tempe for warranty service on an intermediate steering shaft, sunroof seal and window seals on June 7, 2013 at 8:06am. She was notified at 8:36am that the dealer had completed a complimentary wheel alignment diagnostic and noticed that her front left wheel was out of factory specification. They recommended a 4-wheel alignment at a fairly nominal cost ($99.95) which she authorized given the data provided.

At 4:19pm, she received a call that the warranty service and alignment was complete. At 4:45pm, she left Coulter Motor Tempe parking lot, and the vehicle immediately generated a StabiliTrak system warning indicating that the traction control system required service. She immediately returned the vehicle to her service advisor Charles Brandt who advised her to return on Monday morning as his service team had already left for the weekend.

Upon her return home, we have since noticed additional issues that range from disappointing to gravely concerning:

• Though the intermediate steering shaft seems to be functioning correctly, the steering is now quite heavy as if the power steering system has been disabled. It is possible that the StabiliTrak issues may also be contributing to this problem.
• Elevated engine revving noises can now be heard in the cabin under the dashboard during acceleration. In addition, a light odor of combustion is now present in the cabin. A cursory inspection of the interior seals around the newly installed steering shaft appears satisfactory. However, an inspection of the exterior seal on the engine bay side indicate that the rubber seal is not seated properly around the firewall flange.
• A detailed analysis of the alignment report provided by Coulter revealed that the front left wheel had a negative camber of 1.2%. While this is indeed out of factory specification (0.1 to
-1.1%), it is only 0.1% out of tolerance. It’s possible that we may have authorized the repair nonetheless, but Coulter did not fully disclose this data upfront. Such a discrepancy would likely have a nominal effect on handling or tire wear.
• The vehicle was brought in with 23,491 miles and checked out with 23,491 miles. While I certainly appreciate that the service department minimized the mileage on the vehicle, it also indicates that the vehicle was serviced but not test driven extensively to ensure that the repairs were completed successfully. This is somewhat understandable given that it was close to 5pm on a very hot Friday afternoon, but customer safety and quality assurance should be paramount over a time clock. In my humble opinion, the service advisor should not have allowed my wife to drive a potentially unsafe vehicle off the lot and should have kept it until the repairs could be completed successfully and verified.
• Grease-stained finger print marks are now present on the light gray headliner fabric on both sides of the sunroof. This likely occurred when the new sunroof seal was installed.
• At the conclusion of service, Coulter considerately performed a courtesy wash as the vehicle was indeed dusty from Arizona summer dust storms. However, since the vehicle is GM Raven Black, it requires tremendous care to maintain properly. To that end, the vehicle was most recently professionally detailed on April 26, 2013. Other dealers, such as Thorobred Chevrolet that services my Raven Black 2005 Chevrolet SSR and 2011 Camaro SS, generally understand the difficulty in maintaining black vehicles and will ask the customer in advance if they would prefer to decline the courtesy wash. This consideration unfortunately was not extended by Coulter. After Coulter’s service, the vehicle now has surface scratches similar to 1200 grit sanding primarily on the hood and front quarter panels. This will require an unscheduled professional detailing at my expense to remove.

I have had the pleasure of owning several luxury vehicles and would rate Coulter’s front office customer service as on par with my personal experience with Acura, Audi, Infiniti and Lexus. However, the back office servicing of the vehicle itself is underwhelming at best and gravely concerning from a customer safety perspective at worst. As a customer, one expects that a vehicle will be safe and reliable after servicing by a factory-authorized service dealer. In several respects, the vehicle was returned to us in worse condition.

I hope that you find this information useful in providing constructive feedback to this factory-authorized service provider. I also understand that Coulter will likely invoice Cadillac for ~$650 in warranty work that was “completed.” I suggest that you use this data to adjust the reimbursed amount in a fashion that is commiserate to the quality of the work delivered to the customer.

As an aside, I am a proud owner of a 2013 Chevrolet Volt and eagerly anticipate the arrival of the 2014 Cadillac ELR. Despite my experience with this particular dealer, I still plan nevertheless to order an ELR upon its availability. However, I will drive the extra 15-30 miles out of my way to purchase the vehicle from Kachina or Lund Cadillac to avoid the potential damage that may be inflicted by Coulter Tempe’s service department.

Hoosier Daddy
06-08-13, 04:32 PM
Despite my experience with this particular dealer, I still plan nevertheless to order an ELR upon its availability. However, I will drive the extra 15-30 miles out of my way to purchase the vehicle from Kachina or Lund Cadillac to avoid the potential damage that may be inflicted by Coulter Tempe’s service department.
FWIW: Kachina was purchased by Earnhardt and renamed Desert Cadillac. Lund is moving to the far northwest valley.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-08-13, 07:22 PM
Hello, I also plan on sending this letter in officially to Customer Assistance, but snail mail is quite slow so thought I would also post here in case you're able to assist more expediently. Thanks!

-----

Cadillac Customer Assistance Center
P. O. Box 33169
Detroit, MI 48232-5169

Re: Coulter Motor Tempe, Service Invoice 459393, Tag T4742

My wife brought her 2010 Cadillac CTS VIN# 1G6DS5EV8A0138919 into Coulter Motor Tempe for warranty service on an intermediate steering shaft, sunroof seal and window seals on June 7, 2013 at 8:06am. She was notified at 8:36am that the dealer had completed a complimentary wheel alignment diagnostic and noticed that her front left wheel was out of factory specification. They recommended a 4-wheel alignment at a fairly nominal cost ($99.95) which she authorized given the data provided.

At 4:19pm, she received a call that the warranty service and alignment was complete. At 4:45pm, she left Coulter Motor Tempe parking lot, and the vehicle immediately generated a StabiliTrak system warning indicating that the traction control system required service. She immediately returned the vehicle to her service advisor Charles Brandt who advised her to return on Monday morning as his service team had already left for the weekend.

Upon her return home, we have since noticed additional issues that range from disappointing to gravely concerning:

• Though the intermediate steering shaft seems to be functioning correctly, the steering is now quite heavy as if the power steering system has been disabled. It is possible that the StabiliTrak issues may also be contributing to this problem.
• Elevated engine revving noises can now be heard in the cabin under the dashboard during acceleration. In addition, a light odor of combustion is now present in the cabin. A cursory inspection of the interior seals around the newly installed steering shaft appears satisfactory. However, an inspection of the exterior seal on the engine bay side indicate that the rubber seal is not seated properly around the firewall flange.
• A detailed analysis of the alignment report provided by Coulter revealed that the front left wheel had a negative camber of 1.2%. While this is indeed out of factory specification (0.1 to
-1.1%), it is only 0.1% out of tolerance. It’s possible that we may have authorized the repair nonetheless, but Coulter did not fully disclose this data upfront. Such a discrepancy would likely have a nominal effect on handling or tire wear.
• The vehicle was brought in with 23,491 miles and checked out with 23,491 miles. While I certainly appreciate that the service department minimized the mileage on the vehicle, it also indicates that the vehicle was serviced but not test driven extensively to ensure that the repairs were completed successfully. This is somewhat understandable given that it was close to 5pm on a very hot Friday afternoon, but customer safety and quality assurance should be paramount over a time clock. In my humble opinion, the service advisor should not have allowed my wife to drive a potentially unsafe vehicle off the lot and should have kept it until the repairs could be completed successfully and verified.
• Grease-stained finger print marks are now present on the light gray headliner fabric on both sides of the sunroof. This likely occurred when the new sunroof seal was installed.
• At the conclusion of service, Coulter considerately performed a courtesy wash as the vehicle was indeed dusty from Arizona summer dust storms. However, since the vehicle is GM Raven Black, it requires tremendous care to maintain properly. To that end, the vehicle was most recently professionally detailed on April 26, 2013. Other dealers, such as Thorobred Chevrolet that services my Raven Black 2005 Chevrolet SSR and 2011 Camaro SS, generally understand the difficulty in maintaining black vehicles and will ask the customer in advance if they would prefer to decline the courtesy wash. This consideration unfortunately was not extended by Coulter. After Coulter’s service, the vehicle now has surface scratches similar to 1200 grit sanding primarily on the hood and front quarter panels. This will require an unscheduled professional detailing at my expense to remove.

I have had the pleasure of owning several luxury vehicles and would rate Coulter’s front office customer service as on par with my personal experience with Acura, Audi, Infiniti and Lexus. However, the back office servicing of the vehicle itself is underwhelming at best and gravely concerning from a customer safety perspective at worst. As a customer, one expects that a vehicle will be safe and reliable after servicing by a factory-authorized service dealer. In several respects, the vehicle was returned to us in worse condition.

I hope that you find this information useful in providing constructive feedback to this factory-authorized service provider. I also understand that Coulter will likely invoice Cadillac for ~$650 in warranty work that was “completed.” I suggest that you use this data to adjust the reimbursed amount in a fashion that is commiserate to the quality of the work delivered to the customer.

As an aside, I am a proud owner of a 2013 Chevrolet Volt and eagerly anticipate the arrival of the 2014 Cadillac ELR. Despite my experience with this particular dealer, I still plan nevertheless to order an ELR upon its availability. However, I will drive the extra 15-30 miles out of my way to purchase the vehicle from Kachina or Lund Cadillac to avoid the potential damage that may be inflicted by Coulter Tempe’s service department.

Hello frankn01,

I apologize for the experience that you had at Coulter Motor Tempe recently. I have read through the issues you have listed, and I completely understand your dissatisfaction and frustration. Our dealerships are independently owned and operated, but I would like to follow up with this dealership for you if you would like. I can bring up the concerns that you have had with them on your behalf. I will also document your concerns in a dealership complaint. Please private message me and let me know if you would like me to contact the dealership on your behalf. Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue. I would also like to thank you very much for your continued patronage of our products. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. I look forward to hearing from soon.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

frankn01
06-09-13, 12:42 AM
Thank you Gregory for your prompt response, particularly on a weekend! I'd very much appreciate any assistance you could provide, will send a PM.

----------

FWIW: Kachina was purchased by Earnhardt and renamed Desert Cadillac. Lund is moving to the far northwest valley.

Thanks for the tip -- looks like I'll have an even longer drive :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 11:34 AM
Thank you Gregory for your prompt response, particularly on a weekend! I'd very much appreciate any assistance you could provide, will send a PM.

----------

Thanks for the tip -- looks like I'll have an even longer drive :)

Hello frankn01,

Gregory is out of office today, but I wanted to let you know we did receive your private message. I will notify Gregory on your behalf and he will get in contact with you when he his back in office tomorrow.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

frankn01
06-10-13, 05:41 PM
Thanks so much Laura for the help and prompt response! Have been in contact with the service director at Coulter Tempe, and he has been very courteous in helping us resolve the issue as well.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-13, 10:18 AM
Thanks so much Laura for the help and prompt response! Have been in contact with the service director at Coulter Tempe, and he has been very courteous in helping us resolve the issue as well.

Hello frankn01,

You are welcome. I am here to help assist Gregory on these forums. Thanks for keeping us updated on the situation. I am happy the service director has been courteous in helping resolve your vehicle concerns. Gregory or I will continue to interact with you via private message.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service