: Dual exhaust on a 3.0?

sinistersix
06-07-13, 09:50 PM
Is there a bolt on kit for this or would it have to be custom? I know I would need a new rear valence but didn't know if a 3.6 kit would bolt up or not

sinistersix
06-13-13, 01:27 PM
No one has any thoughts or advice on this?

Tbbt
06-13-13, 02:12 PM
The thought for you is to search! Older 3.0 could be had with a dual exhaust. The rest is up to you!

sinistersix
06-13-13, 02:15 PM
Did a search, didnt really find what I was looking for in terms of a write up or parts list. Figured this type of mod would be a sticky!

Tbbt
06-13-13, 04:17 PM
You mean you don't want to "work" for information? Maybe you'll learn something in the process.

sinistersix
06-13-13, 04:22 PM
One of those guys I see, following my posts around and telling me to search. A search doesnt bring up the latest idea, trends, methods, and processes for doing custom work. Maybe there is a new kit? Maybe there is a new valance? Maybe someone has some problems after having it for 6 months that they didnt have when they first did it? Forums are about active 'discussion' and modern thought, not a document repository where people just go search all day. Im looking for the most up to date best practice on this subject, not something that is 2-3 years old. Maybe I should have started with 'So I did a search and didnt find what I wanted....here is my question' Feel better?

Tbbt
06-13-13, 04:41 PM
Sorry if I didn't match up with your feeling of "entitlement". Get over it!

You could go to a wrecking yard (the clue I gave you was that older CTS 3.0 had dual exhausts, and was found here by searching), go to a custom muffler shop, buy a bender and do your own work.....the possibilities are endless, just search, both here and the www internet.

Marv

sinistersix
06-13-13, 04:43 PM
Not entitled, I am just new to cadillacs so I wanted to check if they made any kits. It seems that they dont from what I can glean from your posts. I came from Chargers where they had kits to bolt up dual exhausts to singles, and had write ups of part numbers and what all was needed. I know that anything custom can be done, just didnt know if pre made kits were out there.

Tbbt
06-13-13, 04:49 PM
Not entitled, I am just new to cadillacs so I wanted to check if they made any kits. It seems that they dont from what I can glean from your posts. I came from Chargers where they had kits to bolt up dual exhausts to singles, and had write ups of part numbers and what all was needed. I know that anything custom can be done, just didnt know if pre made kits were out there.

Try this to see what will work.....

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=858744&ukey_make=1085&ukey_model=15737&modelYear=2010&ukey_category=22599&ukey_driveLine=8647&ukey_trimLevel=19775

dual exhaust for a 2010 3.0, but we don't know if you have a wagon or a sedan, RWD or AWD. All of these make a difference.

C "T" ess
06-17-13, 12:08 PM
Now,now boys, lets play nice. What Tbbt is saying is that there is no conversion kit. The easiest thing to do is find a used set-up from a 2010 or earlier. At the same time you should be able to get the proper rear bumper. Have your local salvage dealer do a country wide search. If he finds what you want it can be shipped to him. As an alternative do a search on eBay. If none of the parts are readily available you may find several salvage yards listing parts. you could contact them for availability. some parts are just not worth it to list. The only other option is to have the set-up you want custom made at a muffler shop and then figure a way to cut your bumper to accept the duals. I have never seen an aftermarket set up to accomplish what you want to do. Best of luck to you.