: New Escalade owner learning the lingo

Rdkingjay
06-07-13, 08:31 PM
Hello ladies and gents,
At 45, just became single again and as a result have new found wealth!! So I bought a beautiful 2009 black Escalade from Ok. Low miles well maintained in all respects. Now, I am new to this site and have not perused it fully yet, but I am looking for some advice on a few minor changes that I would like to accomplish.
First, I would like to change the fog light bulbs to something more in line with the HID headlights. The DRL's too. The use of the halogens just does'nt look right with the HID's. My first thought was replacement bulbs, but I don't want a tinted halogen. I have seen replacement LED bulbs and ones with ballasts kits etc. I have also seen entire replacemenbt fog light assembly's with small LED accent strips under the turn signal.
I guess I'm looking for a good site to go to where I can ask these questions and compare my options, because there appears to be a few.

Next, what are my options for upgrading my Nav. The disc came with the truck when it was new, but is clearly out of date. I hear that updated discs from the dealer are over $400.

Again, I have not checked this whole site yet, so I apologize if my questions were already covered, but any help would be appreciated. This is my first caddy, so I am still learning the lingo and figuring this thing out. Thank God for the owners manual!!

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-07-13, 10:54 PM
Hello Rdkingjay,

Congratulations on your new vehicle! Although I cannot speak on any do-it-yourself tips, this community is very helpful and knowledgeable. I would like to extend my assistance to you if you have any questions or concerns about your vehicle. Feel free to private message Laura or I on this account and we will be happy to address your concerns. Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

MrHolland
06-08-13, 02:12 PM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!

gdirty5
06-08-13, 02:59 PM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!

The fog lights fit h10 hid kits. And I just replaced the drl's with 5202's that are specific to Cadillac on vleds website. They are perfectly white. The top parking light is a 194 bulb which is abundant and can be found anywhere.

a221221
06-11-13, 09:20 PM
Here's the site for the new disc:

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqNorthAmerica-Site/en_US/-/USD/View-Promo?Page=Cadillac&NewLocaleID=en_US&NewDomainName=Navteq-NavteqNorthAmerica-Site&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign

$199.00