: Link To R & T V Article

CTSV05
01-29-05, 08:12 PM
Mostly about the STS V, but on page 3 I think, they discuss the "Club" CTS V.

http://roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=2&article_id=1825&page_number=1

benjet
01-29-05, 08:50 PM
Two things cought my eye in that article (which by the way was rather good):

As for the CTS-V, don't look for many changes on the horizon, or at least until an all-new CTS bows in two years. As for the use of the pushrod engine, Heinricy is pleased with its performance, noting that the package is lighter if not more powerful than its normally aspirated overhead-cam rivals in the segment. As for those spy pictures of the CTS-V "plus" that have been circulating, both Taylor and Heinricy admit that the division is looking at offering a club racing version of the car that would incorporate many of the features developed in the factory racing program.

When operating at capacity (in reference to: the GM Powertrain Performance Build Center, a 100,000-sq.-ft. facility in Wixom, a Detroit suburb - where all the V-Series engines, which include the 4.4-liter supercharged Northstar V-8 for the STS-V and upcoming XLR-V and the 5.7-liter pushrod V-8 in the CTS-V, are built. Also coming out of the facility are the 7.0-liter LS7 engines to be used in the Corvette Z06.), the 80-person work force will assemble up to 15,000 engines a year, with a twist. A single technician is responsible for building an engine from start to finish. The facility's craft approach to building engines has two benefits ownership on the part of the worker putting the engine together, which ensures precision and high quality, and the ultimate in flexibility, allowing the facility to tailor output specifically to market demand.

ctsvett
01-29-05, 10:26 PM
This article is also on the FAQ:

Http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/reviews/index.html

First link.

I love how this article shows the respect that cadillac deserves for turning the brand around. Our car and the v-series in general is a testament to this re-imaging campaign... Keep it up general.

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

CVP33
01-29-05, 10:53 PM
A single technician is responsible for building an engine from start to finish. The facility's craft approach to building engines has two benefits ownership on the part of the worker putting the engine together, which ensures precision and high quality, and the ultimate in flexibility, allowing the facility to tailor output specifically to market demand.

Whomever built mine had a great day. I swear this thing is noticeably faster than my '04. I'm going to put my money where my mouth is soon at take a trip to VA Speed for a little dyno time. I think I may have a factory freak. :lildevil:

GNSCOTT
01-30-05, 12:20 AM
I know my early built 04 can live up to GM's claims. My first pass ever in a 6 spd I ran a 13.6 @107 (or something close), over revving the engine and a weak launch (2.2 60ft i think). I know I could have had it down to a 13.2. I actually got the car to hook on the 2nd pass, now I have a new rear.