: Amp and Sub Install Update

ssmith100
01-29-05, 06:24 PM
Well, everything is working like it's supposed to......................except for one thing, I've got turn off thump. The problem is the actual input of the amplifier turns off before the amp does and you get a slight thump. To some it wouldn't bother, to me it does. I could fix it by shutting the amp down first but the only way to do that is to put it on a 12 volt swithched with the key. That would fix the problem but if you wanted to kill the car and still listen to the radio with the sub playing, you couldn't (Without the key turned barely on). I don't hardy ever do that, but I might:sneaky: Temporarily have it hooked up to the key and it works fine with no thumps. Going to have to think about this for a while but if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post.

Shane

ctsvett
01-29-05, 09:14 PM
Shane,
You need a capacitor... This will fix the thump because it regulates power to the amp, even after its turned off.

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

ssmith100
01-30-05, 02:09 AM
Reed,

It's not a power supply problem. I've been doing this a long time. The problem is the input of the amplifier has to much of a delay if you use the input of the factory amp as a turn on. With the key there is no problem. I'll update as soon as I figure out the problem, which I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Shane

D148L0
02-01-05, 10:43 AM
Bump.
Tic, toc.

CTS Orlando
02-01-05, 04:00 PM
Shane, One of the guys in the CTS forum had a similar problem. He was using the high-level leads from the factory sub into the amp, but had the factory sub disconnected, there was a thump. When he reconnected the factory sub and left the high-level leads going into the amp, the thump went away. I dont know enough about electronis to say, but maybe you can install a very small capacitor / resistor between the +/- lead going into the amp, and that might serve the same purpose as reconnecting the sub. I've seen this used in other applications where there is electrical feedback and the cap / resistor solved the problem. I wouldnt know a thing about what rating to use though? Maybe somebody can shine some light on this....

D148L0
02-04-05, 10:07 AM
Thump!
I mean, bump.
Tic, toc, tic, toc.