: Wierd problem with gas gauge?

Hemmissey
06-07-13, 04:42 PM
Just got Esky out of shop finally, and noticed my gas gauge was on quarter tank when I picked up. Went 2 miles out, parked in front of house, started back up 30 min later, shi* was empty?. Drive to gas station 1 mile away, gauge went back to quarter tank! Lol... Anyone experience this? I don't want the car back in the shop! Hah

2kflhr
06-07-13, 05:42 PM
Sounds to me like your float assembly is failing.

Eric Hagan
06-09-13, 08:08 AM
If you park on a incline it will alter the level at the sending unit giving you a inaccurate reading. The needle will move very slowly when back on level ground. I mean VERY SLOWLY. I hope that's all it is.

Hemmissey
06-09-13, 06:54 PM
If you park on a incline it will alter the level at the sending unit giving you a inaccurate reading. The needle will move very slowly when back on level ground. I mean VERY SLOWLY. I hope that's all it is.

Thanks for the reply. But it did it again on a flat surface.. I'm going to service it 1 more time before I throw on the wheels, and bags... I hate going to the stealership! :*(

Punmax
06-10-13, 12:58 AM
My gauge is only accurate when it is parked on level ground. Silverado did the same thing, and so does my Escalade.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-10-13, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. But it did it again on a flat surface.. I'm going to service it 1 more time before I throw on the wheels, and bags... I hate going to the stealership! :*(

Hello Hemmissey,

I am sorry your vehicle is experiencing a gas gauge malfunction. I understand how you would not want to go back to the dealership after just getting your vehicle out of the shop so soon. Please let me know if there are any questions you have, or if you would like to further discuss your concern. I can be reached via private message and we can continue any interactions that way.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service