: Air leak test on shocks

CaddyEscalade
06-07-13, 02:25 PM
I have an air leak and can not find it. Does anyone know a clever way to plug the air line off to test for leaks? Essentially I would like to remove a shock from the system to see if it will hold air. I have tried to spray soapy water and listen and feel for leaks but can't find anything. It is not the air compressor, as it was replaced. Thanks

the cadillac man
06-07-13, 02:41 PM
I have an air leak and can not find it. Does anyone know a clever way to plug the air line off to test for leaks? Essentially I would like to remove a shock from the system to see if it will hold air. I have tried to spray soapy water and listen and feel for leaks but can't find anything. It is not the air compressor, as it was replaced. Thanks

You still have a leak in the shocks somewhere lift the rear end with a jack and see if there is a rear in a bladder

CaddyEscalade
06-12-13, 02:00 AM
You still have a leak in the shocks somewhere lift the rear end with a jack and see if there is a rear in a bladder
Im not sure I understand, im assuming you mean a tear in the bladder? I've checked and everything seems good, the compressor pumps up both bladders and i ut my hands around them and cant feel or hear anything but the truck slowly starts dropping and 30 seconds or so later the compressor kicks back on and lifts up again.

the cadillac man
06-12-13, 03:22 PM
Im not sure I understand, im assuming you mean a tear in the bladder? I've checked and everything seems good, the compressor pumps up both bladders and i ut my hands around them and cant feel or hear anything but the truck slowly starts dropping and 30 seconds or so later the compressor kicks back on and lifts up again.

I meant a tear(phones auto-check messes up my typing sometimes)

But the exhaust valve may be sticking in the compressor causing the air to bleed out

CaddyEscalade
06-14-13, 09:36 AM
nope, i thought the same thing and bought a new compressor. I have the fuse pulled now so I dont wear it out.