: Help with lift glass

rbh23456
06-07-13, 01:41 PM
I thought I saw something on here about this, but I can't find it now. I have a 2007 Escalade with 70k miles. Lately, when I open the lift gate, the glass will also pop open when the lift gate reaches the top (fully open). It happens about 70% of the time. Anyone else have this happen? I even replaced the lift glass button - partially because of this issue and also the rubber piece had started to tear on it. But it didn't seem to have an effect one way or the other.

MrHolland
06-08-13, 03:08 PM
Sounds more like a broken wire or a short in the system.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-08-13, 05:32 PM
I thought I saw something on here about this, but I can't find it now. I have a 2007 Escalade with 70k miles. Lately, when I open the lift gate, the glass will also pop open when the lift gate reaches the top (fully open). It happens about 70% of the time. Anyone else have this happen? I even replaced the lift glass button - partially because of this issue and also the rubber piece had started to tear on it. But it didn't seem to have an effect one way or the other.
Hello rbh23456,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your Escalade’s lift gate. I see that you are reaching out to the community for a fix, but if you plan on taking your vehicle to the dealership, I would be more than happy to assist you in working with them. Please send me a private message with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

corvette00
06-10-13, 11:04 AM
I think my 13 is doing this sometimes