: V shirts..

lasstss
01-29-05, 12:33 PM
C'mon guys, has to be some artists out there besides BS. I have that one covered.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com (http://www.cadillacfaq.com/)

e mail to Reed.

Its going to die soon.. Lets have some ideas for a forum T shirt. :crying2:

wildwhl
01-29-05, 12:52 PM
lass -

What did I miss? Is Reed looking for a T-shirt concept - or an actual artist to do an existing concept - or both?

What's going to die, the FAQ or T-shirt? I have a great t-shirt producer, and might be able to manage a concept or two, but count me out for anything "artistic" (just ask my fine art/graphic designer wife)!

lasstss
01-29-05, 03:49 PM
No, I asked reed to host picture suggestions so that we would all have a place to view the Ideas and get it made. Any resulting surplus cash would go to the support of the forum. By artists I just mean anyone that has some good graphic ideas to post. I like this for the front.
No real interest so far.:rant2:

cts-v ls6
01-29-05, 04:33 PM
I'm for it. The V emblem would be cool for one side.

BowenCT
01-29-05, 04:47 PM
No, I asked reed to host picture suggestions so that we would all have a place to view the Ideas and get it made. Any resulting surplus cash would go to the support of the forum. By artists I just mean anyone that has some good graphic ideas to post. I like this for the front.

lasstss, that is awesome. Not sure about the "standard of the world" part, but very cool otherwise.

I think that graphic would be cool on the back, with the "V" logo on the chest. Someone make it happen, I'll buy one.

zcdad
01-29-05, 05:05 PM
:yeah:

I'm in....

lasstss
01-30-05, 10:04 PM

Sal, can we make this a sticky. I will be persistant. I have found an outfit that sells 6.1 oz t shirts for $3.00 ea.
I will check on artwork soon. I am working on a design as none have shown up.

GNSCOTT
01-30-05, 10:19 PM
You guys have to be careful with this. There are vendors that pay alot of money for licensing to do this, and when GM gets on a kick and makes a sweep of things like this, it can get very ugly. Guy up the road was selling Grand National clothing on Ebay and GM shut him down. They were nice and gave him 1 month to sell his remaining stock though.

01-30-05, 10:23 PM
Sal, can we make this a sticky. I will be persistant. I have found an outfit that sells 6.1 oz t shirts for $3.00 ea.
I will check on artwork soon. I am working on a design as none have shown up.

Just a thought......but one possibility might be to try to get permission from GM to use the artwork from the CTS-V brochure; a royalty-free limited run for a limited purpose is probably a form letter that they have in the word processor already. It's probably just a matter of getting to the right person.....

ctsvett
01-30-05, 10:54 PM
Good luck at GM.... I asked GM directly once what it would take to license its use, they said not possible for the web (ala cadillacfaq.com). I imagine that the license fee is large for sale items. Especially now, since they are putting lots of money into advertising it (Superbowl, 5 second spots, etc)

Maybe we can make the design and get an already licensed company can "make" the shirt. (CAR motorsports, are you listening?)

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

CVP33
01-30-05, 11:12 PM
I asked Car Motorsports if they would sell me one of their embroidered V logos like the ones they put on the hood liner, trunk liner and floor mats. They declinded. I have a leather jacket that I was going to have them sewn on to. Oh well.

lasstss
01-31-05, 12:45 AM
I will worry about that BS .. Gm and others get on your tail if you are going to make a profit. Ebay, not likely. Just enough to go around for the 'guys in the club'. We are not making them for profit. Do you know how many camaro and bogus Impala SS shirts are out there? I dont think the boys at GM care about our lousy 20-30 shirts.:sneaky:
Its a fart in a hurricane.

Vrocks
01-31-05, 12:51 AM
I'm working on some T-shirt ideas with photshop, and I'm currently using Cadillac's pictures for the mock ups. Since we're worried about copyright's I might take pictures of my car from the same angles and touch them up in photoshop.

Here's what I'm working on right now:

T-Shirt color FRONT = BLACK

1. V logo in upper left hand corner of shirt, the typical t-shirt logo placement.

2. Exterior Picture number 8 from cadillacs web site (silver CTS-V) on the front, middle of t-shirt.

T-Shirt color BACK = BLACK

1. A picture of the back of a Silver CTS-V from the same angle as Cadillac's #8 exterior photo.

2. Thinking of putting BRK THRU on the license plate.

3. CadillacOwners.com under the picture.

T-Shirt color SLEVES = BLACK

1. CadillacOwners.com on the sleves.

Those are just a few quick ideas. I'll send some of the finished photoshop images to you guys once they're done. I literally just stared to work on this but I should have a few samples finished by tomorrow. If you like anything that I did feel free to use it, I'm just doing this for fun.

Perhaps Cadillac wouldn't mind the image useage if we donated the profits to charity, run like a non-profit orginization, i.e. you guys recover your operating expenses (materials, shipping...) and your job cost time (what you figure your hours of labor to be worth). The remaining money goes to charity.

jdodman
01-31-05, 08:24 AM
I am in.. Looking at the picture Lastss posted...

If I were designing a T shirt....

Back : The front end of a Silver V, with a blacked out grill, and the
'GM Performance Division' over the top of the picture would be nice..

This would be on the back of a Grey T shirt (not black).
Front : A small V badge where a pocket would be.

That is my idea of a T Shirt.

ahahnu
01-31-05, 09:55 AM
I think a simple effective V symbol on the chest in the front and cadillacowners.com, and or cadillacfaq.com under it going across the back shoulders. We should have our preference whether it's black or white. Or grey.

lasstss
01-31-05, 10:15 AM
Good ideas.

My suggestion. Only one car on the shirt. front and back is busy and expensive to print. Silver V on a black shirt is good. Silver V on a grey shirt not a good idea.
V crest on the left front is good possibly the Caddy crest in the center of the chest.

I have Paint shop pro 8 . Its good but not great. V rocks I have some high res pics off the media site. Let me know if you want them..

IndyV05
01-31-05, 10:25 AM
Good ideas.

My suggestion. Only one car on the shirt. front and back is busy and expensive to print. Silver V on a black shirt is good. Silver V on a grey shirt not a good idea.
V crest on the left front is good possibly the Caddy crest in the center of the chest.

I have Paint shop pro 8 . Its good but not great. V rocks I have some high res pics off the media site. Let me know if you want them..

Absolutely correct. And you definately dont want front, back and sleeve prints.

BowenCT
01-31-05, 06:59 PM
Solid color, black or white. V logo on left chest, simple car graphic on back. Done.

Let's keep this simple, folks. No need to get all crazy with sleves and multiple graphics, etc.

Art138
01-31-05, 10:10 PM
When I bought the More Performance kit (high H&K airflow) they threw in a black T with a CTS V superimposed in the back. I believe there is a thread which demonstrates it. Although the speedo and tack along side the CTS-V might be overkill for our purposes, it gives a perspective that something can be done in good taste. To be honest I have had many compliments on their shirt.

CVP33
01-31-05, 11:13 PM
http://www.cadillaccollection.com/display.php?cat=sporting&subcat=V-SERIES&page=3&model=VIM1825

Isn't this similar to More's?

Art138
02-01-05, 02:37 PM
CVP33:

Nice, I could go for one of those! Had not seen the back;looks good in back.

Vrocks
02-01-05, 07:39 PM
I'm still working on some t-shirt(s) ideas, I'm also very busy with regular work.

I got rid of the more expensive stuff and made the t-shirt black with just a V logo on the front. I'm also trying integrate the Cadillac and V logo...

Is anyone else working on the t-shirt?
On the back I was thinking of modifying some pictures of my V in photoshop and placing cadillacowners.com somewhere as well.

Does anyone know if using images of our own cars will eliminate legal action from GM? Although, I guess we're still screwed if we use the V logo.... This is one thing that's keeping my enthusiasm down for this t-shirt, I don't want to be bothered by GM / Cadillac.

-Update-

other ideas

Put the Cadillac wreath and crest on the front and integrate the V logo vith the car on the back.

lasstss
02-01-05, 07:39 PM
V rocks... any progress? I have an idea to send you..

lasstss
02-02-05, 10:30 AM
Comments...:eek:

Vrocks
02-02-05, 04:25 PM
Comments...:eek:
:coolgleam
It's better looking than what I've managed to come up with. :banghead:

Lasstss,
Did you make that? I really like the layering and effects, it's agressive looking and it doesn't look over done.

trukk
02-02-05, 05:30 PM
I'd prefer something a bit more esoteric. Not that I don't like yours, I just think the T-shirt should be a bit different than others. With that in mind, I'd love to see the V logo on the front left (pocket area), and the following impage, or something like it on the back.

Let me know what you think,

Chris

lasstss
02-02-05, 07:27 PM
You want the Vin info on the back?? It would be generic..

I have the V for the left chest. This was a proposal for the back.
This would also have to be on a non black shirt..

Vrocks
02-02-05, 11:04 PM
I'd prefer something a bit more esoteric. Not that I don't like yours, I just think the T-shirt should be a bit different than others. With that in mind, I'd love to see the V logo on the front left (pocket area), and the following impage, or something like it on the back.

Let me know what you think,

Chris

How about something similiar to trukk's idea... we could put a graphic of the Nurburgring times on the left and a picture of the V on the right (back of shirt).

It could show the CTS-V, M3, M5, S4,... with their times represented. Here's something gothicalehigh posted in another recent thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gothicaleigh
Posts per day: 2.88

Ownership: Cadillac CTS lux/sport w/ everything; TonyA RamAir system
Re: Ok, tell me; just how much performance does the V really have ?<------- The title of the thread
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this speaks volumes as to it's performance capabilities:

Nurburgring Lap Times of Notable Stock Cars

Porsche Carrera GT: 7.32
Chevrolet Corvette Z06: 7.56
Lamborghini Diablo SV: 8.09
Ferrari 360 Modena: 8.09
Porsche 993 Turbo: 8.12
BMW Z8: 8.15
Cadillac CTS-V: 8.19
BMW M3: 8.22
BMW M5: 8.28
Honda NSX: 8.38
Honda S2000: 8.39
Chevrolet C5 Corvette: 8.40

The times could be printed in white so we could keep the shirt black (if the t-shirt is black).

lasstss
02-03-05, 09:45 AM
Lets see what the others think... For my self, having a laundry list on the back is like a 20 city tour for a rock band. Not my thing.. :hmm:

trukk
02-03-05, 11:16 AM
Lets see what the others think... For my self, having a laundry list on the back is like a 20 city tour for a rock band. Not my thing.. :hmm:

I'm for something different. I just threw out an idea, as an example.

I know you don't really care for the 'list' type of thing on the back. For me, the car picture reminds me of all the 'Bill Joe Bob' Sprint or Dirt Track car T-Shirts the heads used to wear when I was in high school.

Come to think of it though, they also wore a lot of Iron Maiden T-Shirts with the tour stops on the back. :)

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be good though. At the end of the day, if we can come up with something a bit different, and still appeal to the masses, we'd have a shirt that I might actually wear.

Food for thought,

Chris

lasstss
02-03-05, 11:20 AM
Good point!

This is also off the caddy site. I like the idea. LEss color, would be cheaper too. We could throw the times to the right

CAR Motorsports
03-24-05, 02:50 PM
Maybe we can make the design and get an already licensed company can "make" the shirt. (CAR motorsports, are you listening?)

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

We're listening. We could use our sources and contacts to produce some extremely nice golf/polo shirts, baseball style caps, and even long sleeve polos or button up business casual twill shirts. With our corporate hats and shirts, we put www.carmotorsports.com (http://www.carmotorsports.com) on the sleeve and the arched on the rear of the hat. www.cadillacforums.com (http://www.cadillacforums.com) would be easy to do.

Alan