: new member - mailbox full

deryckp
06-07-13, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone,
just wondering why we are only allowed 2 messages in our mailbox. never had a forum limit me to 2 messages. how do i go about getting more. ic ant even send someone a message without deleting it right afterwards because the person cant reply to me since my mailbox is full.
thanks

Submariner409
06-07-13, 12:41 PM
Delete your inbox and outbox messages as soon as you read them and work that way until you've been a member long enough and with enough posts/replies for the system to validate your authenticity. Then your PM load will change to another max number of messages - with a time-out period in between messages - then after more time you will get to few or no restrictions. MOST of CF information transfer is done in open forum - public posts and threads - except for private names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses - NEVER post those in public forum.

Kingoftypos
06-07-13, 06:07 PM
Your lucky you have any. When I started, I don't think I had any PMs. Though i only had to post 10 times before I was given an allowance to PM. Now I believe it's 20 or 25 postings.

But considering that there are spammers who are signing up and just clogs the forums with complete spam. Or hi jack threads. I am glad there is a limit of PMs. Cus if there wasn't, I'm sure we'll be receive spam from these spammers.

KOT