: Wind? What wind??

Lorne
06-07-13, 01:18 PM
I drove from Toronto to Pittsburgh yesterday in the ATS, and boy am I ever impressed! Normally, passing trucks on the interstate, you feel car go off track, buffeted by the wind. Same thing when you're driving through high winds. Well, yesterday, I drove through the craziest windiest rain storm through the hills south of Erie, PA, passing trucks at 80 MPH (129 km/h)... and the car stuck to the road like glue, it didn't move off track an inch, felt as if it was a calm and windless day. They sure did a super job with the chasis and aerodynamics... what a great car!

The Patagonia video in the "Cadillac ATS vs the World" is right on! See it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8WBlmQiub0

Go ATS!

z06bigbird
06-09-13, 04:08 AM
Don't try that with tires that have only a few 32nds of tread remaining when it is raining. Hydroplaning + poor tires + high winds + truck traffic = disaster.

C&C
06-09-13, 06:00 AM
The 'around the world' advertising is being done pretty well; I think that Cadillac needs an American adventure (video) somewhere down the road, maybe saying something to the effect, "we do pretty well around here too", with maybe a Pacific Coast highway run and/or Smokey Mountains (Tail of the Dragon) run. Bring some of that advertising 'home'.

David
06-09-13, 10:58 AM
The 'around the world' advertising is being done pretty well; I think that Cadillac needs an American adventure (video) somewhere down the road, maybe saying something to the effect, "we do pretty well around here too", with maybe a Pacific Coast highway run and/or Smokey Mountains (Tail of the Dragon) run. Bring some of that advertising 'home'.

Great idea; there are many 'perfect' spots in the United States to show off the abilities of the ATS.