: Fog light wiring issues

benigs
06-07-13, 10:23 AM
Hi folks! back again with another problem. I have a 2011 cts base with the 3.0. I wanted to add fog lights, so I got the lights, bezels and new turn signal stick for the column. Took the car to my friend who owns a body shop for the install. He installed the lights and bezels and installed the new stick into the column. When the switch is turned to energize the fog lights, the icon lights up on the dash, so all seems good to that point. He ordered a wiring harness to connect the fog lights, but said there was way too much wiring in the harness, and some of the pins didn't line up with the connection plugs. The dealership told him that's the only harness called for pertaining to fog lights, and the only other alternative is to get some wire and pins and make his own set up. Any ideas on a fix? I would have thought all forward light harnesses would be the same, and just plug in a section for fog lights. I haven't seen any 3.0 base models with fog lights---only saw them in the 3.6 models. Once again, thanks in advance for any guidance.:helpless:

rspreng
06-07-13, 03:25 PM
There is a key wire from the BCM to the fuse box that is not present on models w/o fogs. The front lamp harness is different based on model. Check out my post, it tells you how to do it, if any questions let me know:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-general-discussion/281739-installed-fog-lights-almost-factory-oem.html

sinistersix
06-07-13, 06:00 PM
That is a great write up and something I want to do to my 3.0. Overall what was the approx cost of all of the equipment and did you get it from the dealer?

benigs
06-08-13, 01:06 PM
rspreng, that is one of the BEST, MOST THOROUGH, write ups that I have ever seen. I have been an A/C and heating contractor in south fla. for 38 years, and even the factory schematics and write ups are not done that well, from various manufacturers. You are an electrical/electronic genius and I thank you very much!! Cadillac dealers take note!! Sinistersix, the dealer cost, to my friend's bodyshop, was approx. $400. That did not include the wiring parts that are needed to complete the job, nor did it included the deflectors for the bezels. the lights, bezels and new turn signal stick were the items that made up the $400.

benigs
06-14-13, 02:41 PM
Rspreng, my friend got the wire overnighted to him with the correct terminal end as you showed in a pic. He plugged it into terminal 11 from the ecm harness----no 12 volt power. Is that the correct terminal and the correct plug under the dash? PM me with your phone number and he would like to talk to you. Thanks

rspreng
06-14-13, 09:22 PM
Answered your PM.

Rspreng, my friend got the wire overnighted to him with the correct terminal end as you showed in a pic. He plugged it into terminal 11 from the ecm harness----no 12 volt power. Is that the correct terminal and the correct plug under the dash? PM me with your phone number and he would like to talk to you. Thanks