: Oil gauge reads FULL all the time...

cpmet200
06-07-13, 01:58 AM
Mechanic said that it would cost approx $400 bux to fix it. Has anyone had this problem in the past?

mikedyk43
06-07-13, 02:43 AM
Mechanic said that it would cost approx $400 bux to fix it. Has anyone had this problem in the past?

Not trying to be a dick, but oil gauge reads pressure (L - H). The fix for this is likely the stepper motor which can be done yourself with a little soldering skill. Do a quick search on stepper motor and you will find some threads that discuss how to change it.

Silent_Assasin
06-09-13, 01:40 AM
Not 100% sure what your talking about.. but sometimes the pins in the cluster get knocked outta whack, and need reset!...I would look into it a little more before paying that much when it could be a very simple fix!

the cadillac man
06-09-13, 02:59 AM
Not 100% sure what your talking about.. but sometimes the pins in the cluster get knocked outta whack, and need reset!...I would look into it a little more before paying that much when it could be a very simple fix!

He is talking about the stepper motors that work the guage needles(they can fail and peg the guage at crazy readings I have seen it happen myself on my dads h2(speedo read 45 when going 20)

BDuncan
06-09-13, 11:22 AM
It is more likely the oil pressure gauge "Sender" lacated at the rear, top of the cylinder block. I've had several GM vehicle do the same. The sender is hard to reach but can be done. It's also less than $100 for a dealer to do.

osure
06-09-13, 01:01 PM
Yes sender is on the back drivers side on top. You just need a deep socket thin wall socket ( can't remember size sorry) I got the sending unit at rock auto it was like $40 15 min job just did it a month ago.

----------

Ps mine also should max

Skier-24
07-15-13, 05:41 PM
Mine just acted up. Mine stays around 70 psi with the ignition off. Stepper motor? Where is the stepper motor? Is it part of the Instrument Panel Cluster?

the cadillac man
07-15-13, 06:09 PM
Mine just acted up. Mine stays around 70 psi with the ignition off. Stepper motor? Where is the stepper motor? Is it part of the Instrument Panel Cluster?

It is part of the cluster and is replaceable
I advise doing all of them since one is acting up

Skier-24
07-16-13, 12:30 AM
Where would I get the stepper motors? Dealer part? Radio Shack?
Just kidding about Radio Shack.

the cadillac man
07-16-13, 02:37 AM
Where would I get the stepper motors? Dealer part? Radio Shack?
Just kidding about Radio Shack.

Dealer would just replace the whole thing

Google search stepper motors

There is this if you don't want to do it yourself
http://www.gmgaugeguy.com

I don't know if radio shack would carry stuff like this but never know(my local radio shack doesn't have much hobby stuff like this)

Skier-24
07-16-13, 06:22 AM
Mine either, mostly cell phones.

jnrsesv
07-16-13, 09:24 AM
Ebay for stepper motors, get all 7 for around $25.00.

Carvone
07-16-13, 03:01 PM
Total rebuild including lights for $89, with a one day turn around too. https://www.myairbags.com/gmclusters.php

Skier-24
07-19-13, 10:43 PM
Mine started working right again, then messed up, now is right again.

the cadillac man
07-20-13, 12:07 AM
Mine started working right again, then messed up, now is right again.

Defentley the stepper motor